By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Anyone interested in a Nats meet-up?
17/08/2018 14:55:21

BEB rest assured if I was going, you and I would def meet up...forget about the cuppa, maybe a btle or three..

ken anderson...ne..1..... btle dept.

Thread: Ancestry. com.
17/08/2018 09:05:19

we found out that some of our distant relatives were at the "Battle of the Little Big Horn"....they were camping in the field next store...couldn't sleep for the racket...….sorry john.. indecision

ken anderson...ne..1...… historical dept.

16/08/2018 07:48:46

my wife has been a member for a few years now. You'll be amazed what you can find out....even surprised an possibly shocked.....in some instances...

ken anderson....ne...1...skeletons in the cupboard dept.

Thread: Bluebird 2018
13/08/2018 17:46:43

I reckon that the Cambells and Cobbs had no nerves at all...hats off to them and anyone else who decides to go one step beyond...…….

ken anderson...ne...1.... bluebird dept.

13/08/2018 14:18:39

static engine run this afternoon....

ken anderson.....ne...1..bluebird dept

13/08/2018 10:14:00

here is the late Donald Cambells bluebird up in the isle of Bute, they reported that they had taken her up to 131 mph....and probably a bit more....

ken anderson...ne...1... bluebird dept.

Thread: Help needed
11/08/2018 09:42:41

amazes me when we see the council lads using their strimmer's etc...how quiet they are, and they get a lot of full throttle use.... a lot of them are Zenoah I believe...……...

ken anderson....ne...1.... council lads dept...

Thread: Greenacres MAC Fly Ins 2018
11/08/2018 09:38:31

weasel(Ronnie) is on site representing the north east of the colony...…. he's a great lad.....only problem you may have is you'll need an interpreter...have a great time everyone....regards to the greenacres lads... who I've met.

ken anderson...ne..1.... weasel PR dept.

Thread: Thinking of changing my car
06/08/2018 09:25:54

ignore the badge on the front of cars......the Dacia bashers need to do a bit research. The motor that's in them is a Renault unit that's also in Nissans...for £9995 for a brand new,c/w 3 year warranty they are good value,i know of one owner who is totally happy.....cant understand why people insist on buying large MPV's etc and ride around the doors in them.....waste of dosh I would say ………. there is a lot of snobbery regards cars....

ken anderson...ne...1....motoring dept.

Thread: Apex Models Berks
02/08/2018 16:53:19

RIP another lms….

ken anderson...ne....1..retail dept.

Thread: Going to the Shows: What does your pitch comprise of:
01/08/2018 18:12:10

must admit the old primus job which you had to fill with paraffin and pump up were a challenge on occasions.....good job food poisoning wasn't invented then... kulou 

ken anderson...ne...1.... home on the range dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 01/08/2018 18:12:56

01/08/2018 09:56:55

during the early 90's we used to camp at the Yorkshire airshow,elvington(great memories of a great show wk/end.) Anyway one morning waking up after an evening at the naffi it looked like a tornado had been through our set ups,after a bit of an enquiry it was found out that some of the residents had had too much falling down juice and in the darkness had demolished best part of our tents c/w the occupants inside,who were also comatosed ...happy days I hear you say.....especially the ones who are readers on this here forum.....the reward is still standing for their capture...teeth 2 .

ken anderson...ne...1..... when show's were show's dept.

Thread: Thinking of changing my car
01/08/2018 09:49:44
Posted by ken anderson. on 31/07/2018 18:50:35:

Peugeot Partner Teepee 1.6 HDI/11 reg/50 mpg/tow a caravan with it,27K when I got it 4years ago,now has done 62K...just gone through its MOT,apart from tyres/pads and a couple of front discs its been spot on. Scores 0 on looks but has loads of room, its based on the commercial vehicle so plenty of spares. I've seen taxi versions of the same year that have done 192K! and they still sound ok.also has cruise control and air con...love it.

ken anderson...ne...1 .motoring dept.

one of my neighbours who has had their Vauxhall Mokka since new(4 years)petrol model, has just had a bill for £1200! after it broke down......don't know the exact problem,but he mentioned that they could smell burnt oil,and that the gearbox had to come out among other things....

ken anderson...ne...1..... ouch dept.

31/07/2018 18:50:35

Peugeot Partner Teepee 1.6 HDI/11 reg/50 mpg/tow a caravan with it,27K when I got it 4years ago,now has done 62K...just gone through its MOT,apart from tyres/pads and a couple of front discs its been spot on. Scores 0 on looks but has loads of room, its based on the commercial vehicle so plenty of spares. I've seen taxi versions of the same year that have done 192K! and they still sound ok.also has cruise control and air con...love it.

ken anderson...ne...1 .motoring dept.

Thread: RAF Scampton to be sold
29/07/2018 08:59:24

last one out -turn out the lights. What I find upsetting is this was the last bit of the UK the brave young lads left to defend-- IE the dam busters raid ---and in return they'll be left no doubt with a bit of stone as a memorial/thanks.....the place should be kept forever in their memory...never mind about saving money and selling it off to the highest bidder... respect...

ken anderson...ne..1..... national pride dept.

Thread: Where to put the lead
27/07/2018 16:20:41

Hello FB3,call into your local tyre repair shop,they use them on car wheels to balance them,and they may give/sell you some..

ken anderson..ne..1...sticky lead dept.

Thread: Mary Ellis
26/07/2018 15:07:04

RIP that lass, watched a TV programme a couple of months ago which included her in it talking about her war time job....thanks from me...she had girl power before it had been invented..

ken anderson...ne..1....respect dept.

Thread: New Drone Laws from 30/5/2018
22/07/2018 15:35:47
Posted by john stones 1 on 22/07/2018 12:03:34:
Posted by Basa on 22/07/2018 12:00:06:

When your flying you rc model whose gonna be policing the every move ie; height because I know there is nobody to check mine and until its made law to have height telemetry i could not accurately judge the height ?

Edited By Basa on 22/07/2018 12:01:19

You are.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

john's answer..... is probably one of the best one's on this thread...

ken anderson...ne..1..... common sense dept.

Thread: Geoffrey Wellum
20/07/2018 09:04:14

RIP..... and thanks from me...

ken anderson...ne..1...respect dept.

Thread: New Drone Laws from 30/5/2018
17/07/2018 17:03:00

I(me)thinks that that is going to be our lot(400ft)…..exceptions will be the bona fide commercial drone operators who earn a crust and in turn probably pay for the fact they do so....hobbyist like ourselves who fly for recreation our "toy's".... be they expensive and very sophisticated will(I think)have to go with the flow(the law's) as they are going to be introduced and implemented......yes a lot of people will be up in arms, but they'll have to abide etc....my view/the way I see things going....hope I'm not 100% correct....

ken anderson... ne....1......100% dept.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues