By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Junior 60 Equipment Advice
17/09/2019 09:59:53

hello and welcome from me andy...the JNR 60 is a great model and fly's nice and slow-but if you learn to fly with a one you wont know what has hit you when you decide to move on to some thing else...(think milk float to F1 car)..if you only intend to fly slow/vintage types...OK.

Consider powering your JNR with a ic 2/st motor...ie20/30 size also...simple to install and use....

ken anderson...ne...1...JNR 60 dept.

Thread: OS 40 four stroke, inverted?...
07/09/2019 09:02:26

hello Dave,ive never had any bother running OS 4/st's upside down....anyway...how do they know if their upside down or right way up when in the air?

ken anderson...ne...1....upside down dept.

Thread: Covering with Solarfilm
07/09/2019 07:48:55

hello Geoff,dont know about using PVA,but I've found older solarfilm loses its stickiness when you come to apply the heat iron,i think that it does go downhill as it gets older...

ken anderson ne....1....downhill dept.

Thread: Drone At Gatwick
28/08/2019 14:42:15

where I live, north east there are some nice tourist spots on our doorstep...………… Saturday I was at one of them with probably100's of others around lunch time, lots of activities going on and above our heads was a drone....and someone nearby with his FPV head unit on...…. he proceeded to overfly all and sundry, I was thinking that if it came down it was guaranteed to hit someone or thing. After 1/2 an hour he landed and retreated to his car.....so in theory in a couple of months he would be liable to a canny fine or would he still be ignored? also he was in controlled airspace....so to my mind he was def breaking a few existing rules and regs…...

ken anderson...ne..1..... canny fine dept.

28/08/2019 14:35:06

Brian's theory/thoughts seem to hit the nail.....

ken anderson...ne...1...nail dept.

Thread: Repairing EPO
28/08/2019 10:03:06

hello Nigel, like you mention cocktail stick and cyno would be my choice.....I have a radjet that has returned from a few missions bashed up...and the above method does the trick...

ken anderson....ne..1...mission dept.

Thread: New Poll - sticky situations.....
26/08/2019 17:58:16

I,m reading a book about superglue...I cant put it down..

ken anderson...ne...1...sticky dept.

Thread: Drones in the news - again...
26/08/2019 08:55:14

make sure you've charged your flight batts...

ken anderson...ne..1..charging dept.

Thread: Brian Winch
25/08/2019 08:21:45

RIP Brian...………. thoughts with your family..

ken anderson...ne......1.

Thread: Drones in the news - again...
25/08/2019 08:08:09

The 88 lbs drone can carry a cargo up to 5 lbs and on a round trip range of 15 nautical miles. Amazon says " at present it will only fly over areas of low population density"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

88 lbs!...….heaven help anyone when one of them hit the deck......

ken anderson...ne...1.....deck dept.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 16/08/2019 10:08:06

Thread: Cap1763
17/08/2019 09:42:48

hello FB3,sorry to hear about your bad news.i decided a few weeks/months ago to take a back seat regarding this caper,changing the rules and regs,registration,ANO and all the rest because at the min its as clear as mud.

different peoples opinions on the matter confuse the issue even more...so i'm waiting until everthing is set in stone,and hoping that the BMFA and others who i'm a paid up member represent my interests as best they can.

I've written to my MP(waste of time) in my opinion and filled in on-line questionnaires etc.... now I wait and see what is going to be imposed upon us......my advice to you also...messy state of affairs to say the least.

ken anderson...ne..1....state of affairs dept.

Thread: Hospitalised, my own fault - but ?
08/08/2019 10:11:29

hard lines colin at least your still in one bit,one of our lads in his 70's lost 1 ltr of the red stuff when his prop got him in the same place as yourself.....couple of pointers to try are...put some sandpaper/emery paper on the model,where you intend to grip it...and make sure all and sundry(members) have your post code info/co-ords for where you are flying,help the emergency lads respond asap...thankfully you weren't on your own......could have been kulou

ken anderson...ne..1...… kulou dept.

Thread: Playboy Senior
06/08/2019 10:55:13

i have a junior 60 with 1/2lb of lead in the nose...it fly's and floats like a goodin….any space/gaps at the front,put in some lead...

ken anderson...ne..1..... flying lead dept.

Thread: Hello from Holmfirth
30/07/2019 09:03:37

welcome from me brian...

ken anderson..ne..1..welcome dept.

Thread: Finding Models
27/07/2019 16:55:09

erfolg save your £1...check out here....waste of £1..

ken anderson....ne..1.... waste dept.

Thread: Electric Cars.
24/07/2019 10:43:50

84 pages....this thread has some mileage?

ken anderson...ne..1....motoring dept.

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
12/07/2019 11:00:02

this thread like many is quickly becoming as clear as mud.....

ken anderson...ne..1....mud dept.

Thread: Electric Cars.
12/07/2019 10:58:51

just hope also that the infrastructure is up to it(underground cables)most which have been down below before most of us were borrn. I worked for 30 years keeping open the arteries of the nation(gas board) and a lot of the pipes in the ground were approaching 100 years old +.we once uncovered a one that was installed in 1912,same year as the titanic carry on. When I finished(2008) they were on mission nationwide to replace old metal pipes......est to take 30 years......just when we are supposedly going to stop fossil fuels(that makes sense)…...so like I say hope the cables are up to the task looming?

ken anderson...ne...1....cable and gas dept.

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
10/07/2019 10:52:06

if anyone wasted the electric last night and watched the Boris v Hunt show on ch 4...….. its scary to imagine either in charge of the UK....and even more so when you look at the opposition...

ken anderson...ne..1...scary dept.

Thread: The demise of. ASP/SC
10/07/2019 10:47:43

cant be a very comfortable trading situation for any one who does/did make ic model engines....if you cant get them sold in viable numbers what's the point in making them...…… OS may survive. But I would be surprised...electric is taking No prisoners....

ken anderson...ne..1....POW dept.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us