By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
12/07/2019 11:00:02

this thread like many is quickly becoming as clear as mud.....

ken anderson...ne..1....mud dept.

Thread: Electric Cars.
12/07/2019 10:58:51

just hope also that the infrastructure is up to it(underground cables)most which have been down below before most of us were borrn. I worked for 30 years keeping open the arteries of the nation(gas board) and a lot of the pipes in the ground were approaching 100 years old +.we once uncovered a one that was installed in 1912,same year as the titanic carry on. When I finished(2008) they were on mission nationwide to replace old metal pipes......est to take 30 years......just when we are supposedly going to stop fossil fuels(that makes sense)…...so like I say hope the cables are up to the task looming?

ken anderson...ne...1....cable and gas dept.

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
10/07/2019 10:52:06

if anyone wasted the electric last night and watched the Boris v Hunt show on ch 4...….. its scary to imagine either in charge of the UK....and even more so when you look at the opposition...

ken anderson...ne..1...scary dept.

Thread: The demise of. ASP/SC
10/07/2019 10:47:43

cant be a very comfortable trading situation for any one who does/did make ic model engines....if you cant get them sold in viable numbers what's the point in making them...…… OS may survive. But I would be surprised...electric is taking No prisoners....

ken anderson...ne..1....POW dept.

Thread: Giving up
10/07/2019 10:44:05
Posted by Brian Cooper on 09/07/2019 22:50:33:

I'm posting this with a heavy heart...
As much as I love having model aeroplanes and flying them, it takes up too much of my time and I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics such as cleaning and maintaining my home, so something has to give. . I will be re-homing my collection.

Please don't ask any questions, as I can't handle talking about it.

Below is a list of what will soon be available, but to good homes only. Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks for reading and understanding...

1. Dustpan and brush

2. Sponges

3. Dusters

4. Mop and bucket

5. Window cleaner

6. Vaccuum

7. Dishwashing liquid

8. Laundry detergent

9. Fabric softener

10. Laundry baskets

11. Toilet brush

12. Cleaning sprays

13. Scrubbing brushes

........................………………………………………….

teeth 2 excellent Brian….

ken anderson...ne..1....BC dept.

Thread: Electric Cars.
08/07/2019 08:03:11

1% of last years car sales were electric....probably be at least 21/2230 before the change over is complete as planned...and by then if we are still in existence...there will be an alternative and all the electric jobs will be dinosaurs...

ken anderson...ne..1.... ...2230 dept.

Thread: Car indicators
05/07/2019 10:42:27

I passed my test, you had to "demonstrate hand signals"...now the only hand signals you see are the unmentionable one's....

ken anderson...ne...1..communications dept.

Thread: The demise of. ASP/SC
05/07/2019 10:40:19

RIP IC (model) engines, great in their day now slowly getting consigned to history. Models covered in crepe,slowly killing the airframe,plus all the gear needed to get one going.....electric is the norm now..

ken anderson...ne...1.....IC memory dept.

Thread: Beth's off.....
05/07/2019 10:36:52

well done that lass,and welcome to the little lad from me/us...

ken anderson...ne..1...welcome to the little lad dept.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
02/07/2019 18:59:21

the turn on at the local club was that bad....a bloke in a wheel chair in the front row got up and walked out... !

ken anderson...ne...1...happy days dept..

Thread: Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA
02/07/2019 18:56:30

this thread seem's to have died the death,any news on the front line?

my e-mail that I sent to my local MP came back with what looked like a standard reply referring to the various affairs getting prepared for the new legislation coming in...I felt it was a wasted effort on my behalf....

ken anderson...ne..1...what happening dept.

Thread: Local Model Shops
02/07/2019 10:26:30
Posted by Jim Carss on 02/07/2019 09:57:36:

Ken

North Shields maybe ?

Ken just had a look at his facebook page and the shop close on June 30th, very sad.

Jimbo

…………………………………………

the very one JC.

ken anderson....ne...1..J.Carrs dept.

02/07/2019 09:24:35

we have went from 4 LMS shops to none in recent years,the last one closing right this min...…….so now its the internet or nothing.

sad times for anyone who is coming in to the hobby,starting from sq 1.

ken anderson...ne..1 ….. LMS dept.

Thread: Local club attendance
02/07/2019 09:21:41

I've been a member of the same club since 1989..the numbers go up and down,at the min I think they are aprox 90/ish...ive known them be up in the 160's..i've been chairman,secretary,safety officer and club examiner.all the numerous meetings I've attended ,you are lucky to get 20 members attending,the AGM was/is normally attended by 40/ish members(this includes members who I never see at the flying site)

most members join,but want nothing to do with the day to day running of clubs,only want the insurance and some where to fly..

ken anderson...ne..1..... club dept.

Thread: My biggest "model" yet
21/06/2019 10:43:19

well done from me Chris...……….

ken anderson...ne...1...fellow caravan dept.

Thread: Switching Brand
20/06/2019 10:39:58

hello tony, my thoughts are,go for one of the "names"....don't pay too much and have fun with it...whatever brand you go with, will probably be old hat in a few years....

ken anderson...ne..1...old hat dept.

Thread: Junior 60 (Flair)
15/06/2019 14:11:17

Apologies broken english.my fault...……..

ken anderson...ne..1...1946/1955 dept.

15/06/2019 09:33:21

hello gary, build it as the plan says and then before you cover it decide how you are going to fit it to the fuz...bands or a bolt or two.....whichever way you decide you'll need to incorporate your changes to the fuz also....

ken anderson....ne...1....1946 albert hatfull ….JNR 60 design dept.

Thread: Good news thread.
14/06/2019 16:13:53

good news.....tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life...enjoy it.

ken anderson...ne..1..... first day dept.

Thread: Hello from Africa
14/06/2019 11:10:43

welcome from me Rory...

ken anderson...ne..1..welcome dept.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us