By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: another noobie to site
15/11/2019 09:01:28

welcome from me phil...

ken anderson..ne..1...welcome dept.

Thread: BMFA numbers. Is this true, or a gross exaggeration?
13/11/2019 09:47:32

our hobby as well as the rest of the world is changing as we speak.....the youngins now aren't bothered about buying some balsa wood and making a model aircraft....if you want them in the hobby they want instant gratification...buy today/fly tomorrow...never mind all the stuff in between.

so what's the solution?...who knows. I think that the hobby will keep going but not in the way that we imagine, I think it will always be middle aged lads with a sprinkling of youngins.on the TV recently there was a programme about model railways-I didn't see many kids on there. The kids all want to be sitting in their caves with the latest electronic gear,not glue and bits of wood,i have 6 grandchildren and they are done for if you take their gear off them...and they all live in their rooms.... coming out for food,and cant wait to get back, one asked me "what time you going?"..when I asked why...he said "so I can go back in my room to play on my PS4"!!!

different times nower days...hopefully it'll change but not back over to what it was....

ken anderson...ne....1...change/PS 4 dept.

Thread: Lest We Forget.
11/11/2019 15:20:57

check out Harry Billinge on the BBC and be moved by his account.....

ken anderson..ne..1...respect dept.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
10/11/2019 21:21:58

wonder what's happening in the real world, how its all been interpreted,since my earlier post seems i'm not the only one slightly confused?...……. my sympathy go's out to all committees of clubs who are BMFA affiliated, they need to have 100% clarification.....how to proceed on sub's night's...….

ken anderson...ne...1..clarification dept.

10/11/2019 09:50:05

thanks martin,i believe our club is following the BMFA's instructions....for now.

ken anderson...ne..1 following dept.

10/11/2019 09:23:03

i don't understand what i'm reading on some of the posts...ie--if you register and pass the test(if you need to) you are registered for 3 years......But its only valid until June 2020....8 months!.... which will be the one we take note of...?

ken anderson...ne..1.... clarification needed dept.

Thread: How much does an RC hot air balloon weigh?
06/11/2019 09:54:23

this thread reminds me of which is the heavier.....a ton of iron or a ton of feathers..?

ken anderson...ne..1...feathers dept.

Thread: Gas engineers
06/11/2019 09:50:45

I'm an ex British gas lad(30)years...… the gas regs are very strict and only a qualified person is allowed to remove the cover from an appliance to carry out service work......if you don't know what you're doing, leave to the people who do,times gone by there were numerous accidents by DIY jobs getting done on peoples property.

ken anderson...ne..1..... gas dept.

Thread: How many flyable aircraft do you have ?
05/11/2019 17:18:06

i have 15,all flyable.a few of them are hangar queens and really need to go to new homes...asap.

ken anderson...ne...1..give a model a home dept.

Thread: Where are the 50cc engines?
03/11/2019 09:46:18

during the 90's I modified the engine from a McCullough strimmer,it was about 30 cc,I think.the article appeared in a LMA mag.Mrs A couldn't understand why we went on a trip to B/Q to buy a strimmer when we didn't have a garden.....

ken anderson....ne....1...B/Q dept.

Thread: Futaba 10J NiMh Battery Problems
30/10/2019 09:35:42

hello Chris ...for piece of mind I would sling the battery and lash out on a new one......plenty of good recommendations above...

ken anderson...ne..1..lashing out dept.

Thread: Complete newbie.
27/10/2019 08:57:10

hello Gordon and Neil, welcome from me...…

ken anderson...ne...1...welcome dept.

Thread: Bluebird 2018
26/10/2019 09:49:21

visited the workshop where bluebird is stored/worked on last week end, and for the entrance fee of a couple of packets of biscuits we were allowed to have close up look.....at a bit of British history.

bluebird k7 2019.jpg

ken Anderson...ne...1...bluebird/biscuits dept.

Thread: Sourcing PETG Sheet
23/10/2019 10:18:09

hello David...try some of the craft shops they sell it also....and here...

ken anderson...ne..1.....craft shop dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 23/10/2019 10:23:41

Thread: FrSky Futaba Tx Module
23/10/2019 10:16:36

hello ED ...try these lads...i'm sure they'll be able to help....

ken anderson...ne...1 module dept.

Thread: silver solarfilm
22/10/2019 17:27:31

I've also had problems with old solarfilm that wasn't keen on carrying out its mission in life(sticking down)..

ken anderson...ne..1....old solarfilm dept.

Thread: Hi from Herts
19/10/2019 09:51:27

welcome from me Hugh …….

ken anderson...ne...1...welcome.

Edited By ken anderson. on 19/10/2019 09:51:46

Thread: Greetings from Spain
17/10/2019 09:32:44

hola and welcome from me Jesus...…

ken anderson...ne..1....welcome dept.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
14/10/2019 09:26:51

pushed the boat out the other day in the café and went for the" Vegan smoothie"?...….. to you and I that's Soup !!!

ken anderson...ne...1....vegan dept.

Thread: 50 years ago
14/10/2019 09:23:48

in our previous house that was built circa 1900,we decided to upgrade it all.In one of the panels in the living room we found a fully clothed skeleton, which we reported to the police, who called and removed it for investigation.

after a couple of months passed we received a phone call telling us the skeleton had been identified as the "1957 northern Ireland world hide and seek champion"

ken anderson...ne...1....all them years ago dept.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us