By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for ken anderson.

Here is a list of all the postings ken anderson. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chrome covering
02/04/2020 21:31:33

martin,here's another thread that also discussed the silver covering problem.....it has the profilm instructions on....from the manufactures......bit more info for you...not anecdotal...eh...yes

ken anderson...ne...1...chrome dpt.

02/04/2020 14:41:44

hello martin,i can only speak for my models using Hitec 2.4g.....but as I've mentioned the profilm instructions tell you that the covering has a layer of foil in it and that you need to be careful about your radio installation.....if you google the matter,you'll get some more info...

ken anderson...ne...1...chrome dept.

02/04/2020 14:11:19

hello martin,this has been discussed before,i can only speak for the "chrome"profilm….if the rx aerial is inside the model,the covering will pinch the signal....it has a thin metal foil in it....so on my models I leave the end bit of the aerial outside the fuz…

ken anderson...ne...1..chrome finish dept.

Thread: Biggest Lipo for WOT4 Foam-E
02/04/2020 10:04:18

hello tim,cant be certain,but you need to check out the speck of the motor and esc fitted...should be in the instruction sheet or on the parts themselves.....maybe they are only fit for a 3s set up and as has been said...if you go 4s,you may fry your gear..kulou result new model reqd..

ken anderson...ne..1...frying dept.

Thread: Flat Car Battery from non-use of car
01/04/2020 09:34:27

hello Romeo, why not just go out for a 20 min run,once,twice a week...not meeting anyone ect….I wouldn't fancy trying the lipo touch.....am sure I read somewhere that a car standing with a healthy battery, would be ok for a few weeks...I may be wrong.

ken anderson...ne..1..battery dept.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
31/03/2020 14:44:41

put my hearing aid for repair 3 weeks ago...………… I haven't heard a thing since...

ken anderson...ne...1..hearing dept.

31/03/2020 14:43:33

two Martians talking...."how did the human race get wiped out"?

his friend replies..."they ran out of loo roll,............wiped them out..."

ken anderson...ne..1..loo roll dept.

Thread: Malta
30/03/2020 09:27:29

off topic.....easy jet have announced this morning that all of their fleet is now grounded. Reckon they wont be flying for 2 months at least......wonder how the layup's affect the aircraft....do they suffer from non use ?

ken anderson...ne..1.... layup dept.

29/03/2020 16:54:48

looks like Malta has been spared our visit for the time been due to the CV pandemic...….I've been in touch with the hotel people and told them to look after Malta until this has been and gone....stay safe everyone in Malta.

ken anderson...ne..1..... Malta dept.

Thread: 6 Turning 4 Burning
29/03/2020 16:50:52

SR 71,i'm following your build with interest. Your a prolific builder there to say the least...well done..

ken anderson...ne..1...….. prolific dept.

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
26/03/2020 17:20:56

up here in ne...1 land they are barring off all the seaside car parks ,either to stop anyone getting in...or we have an imminent invasion...….. looming.

ken anderson....ne..1..lockdown dept.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
26/03/2020 17:08:24

here's my finished oowah from IAD Designs...auw 400g,c/w batt etc....maiden flight will be 2021 aprox!

owah 5.jpg

oowah 4.jpg

oowah 2.jpg

oowah 1.jpg

ken anderson...ne..1...oowah dept.

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
23/03/2020 16:11:01

Ho Lee Flew is not the version I got.....emotion

ken anderson...ne...1...name change dept...

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
23/03/2020 13:18:31

i would hurry Peter, looks like we may be heading for a lockdown...

ken anderson..ne..1..lockdown dept.

21/03/2020 09:32:13

they reckon by the end of the isolations that 50% will have improved their cooking skills and the other 50% will have a drink problem... kulou

ken anderson...ne...1..... CV dept.

Thread: great service
19/03/2020 18:29:35

IAD Designs, I've mentioned them on the new model thread, great service and more from them.

ken anderson...ne...1...service dept.

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
18/03/2020 14:56:48

as mentioned previous, I'm building a kit from IAD designs..... the OOWAH,anyway i'm near the mark to finishing it off and needed some more of the flame decals.i phoned up and asked Iain at IAD for some and how much please...he said he would pop some in the post and they arrived today at no charge what ever......so a massive thumbs up and thankyou to IAD designs from me.

ken anderson ne...1....thanks dept.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
17/03/2020 15:12:55

3 cheers for the lasses in morrisons,just been in today and they are run off their feet trying to cope with all the mad panic buyers...lots of empty shelves...….to them I say thank you.

ken anderson...ne...1...thanks dept.

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat
17/03/2020 14:54:15

nice model Raymond,well done..

ken anderson...ne..1...admiration dept.

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
16/03/2020 08:53:09

joking apart,we were in morrisons yesterday doing our normal shop(or trying to)….it was like the end of the world,the queues were massive and most were panic buying and also complaining of the time to get served...the management had called in extra staff ….most had enough loo rolls to last a fair while...

ken anderson...ne..1....end of the world dept.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us