By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap

Here is a list of all the postings PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bartons Point Flying Club - Kent
21/08/2012 11:30:58

This chap came to our field and stayed a while - was totally blow away by the sound of Daves engine - Please watch your feet when you visit.

Thread: Jan Passes Her "A" Test - At Last
21/08/2012 11:23:17

Wont be long before she loops and rolls... Latest progress - getting smoother all the time.

Thread: Death of a Stuka
20/08/2012 09:29:27

You have all been waiting a long time but at last on Sunday conditions were good and all the checks were done and it was time for George's JU87 Stuka to try out its wings on its maiden flight.

14/08/2012 14:07:49

Right... smile

14/08/2012 09:05:03

Crumbs mate - I'm only the camera man... LOL cheeky It was all right when it was on my right embarrassed - I hope thats right angel - but then again my right might not be your right or his right, right! smile LOL

But at the end of the day the wings are on there - and dam good they look to - right smile.

Regards = Broken wing the camera man also known as Brucepeter2007 for my sins - Right wink 2

13/08/2012 19:52:24

UPDATE - SUNDAY

Thread: Bartons Point Flying Spectacular 14/15 July.
11/08/2012 22:26:07

Now its all over for this year the club would like to thank all the flyers who came along together with all the public who braved the weather on Saturday and we thank goodness the weather was sweet & kind to the Costa Del Sheppey flying site on Sunday.

Thanks all and if you take a look back at all my entries you will see this is now a well supported event so dont miss it next year. - Thanks to all again.

Regards Peter.

Thread: Death of a Stuka
11/08/2012 14:05:19

Hi George.

Chance is the wind could well be a factor Sunday but if it looks like you can fly I will be there with the camera. Regards Peter

27/07/2012 23:23:29

Hi Tim

Do you mean I have a mid-air to look forward to. I had hoped to have SAVED my models!!! HiHi.

That apart I can now say I know how you feel - its good doing it together.

Regards Peter

27/07/2012 23:20:16

This is great now as Me & the wife can fly together on the same flight line - great feeling - and Jan says thanks for all your good wishes...

26/07/2012 16:17:40

I could not finish without letting you know that the work on our flying site had to continue later on in the week after the Flying Spectacular had finished. Our entrance was devistated after all the rain we had on Saturday so it had to be sorted - As usual it was the clubs committee and a few other members who came to the rescue again - this left over problem had to be sorted quickly and like so many other clubs the committee "just does it" and members never have any idea its all going on. For my part knowing a bit more than many others I say thanks to our committee for all the time they give up and please remember your club committee does the same - so remember to send them all a card at Christmas as they deserve your thanks

23/07/2012 22:46:03

Fantastic Sunday - I was on the flight line and my wife Jan came out and joined me. We were both doing our own thing but it was nice that at last we could fly together - 2 years hard slog for Jan and I have to say that Dave Cook had so much patience who kindly taught her.

23/07/2012 04:47:20

This was Sunday which was great

Thread: Nice big Junkers JU52 with 3x 215cc Moki's...
19/07/2012 18:21:24

Thats a very nice model and not an east subject to do either - looks the biz.

Thread: Avro Lancaster at The Flying Spectacular 2012
19/07/2012 09:31:45

Hi Trevor & Lyn.

Saturday was indeed horrendous however Sunday was fantastic as the Avro Lancaster video shows and that day made it all worth while - This video is just for your comment - as yet we have not been able to control the weather however we do try to accommodate it. Regards Peter

19/07/2012 06:18:52

PS. This is a FREE ENTRY smile event and this fantastic model was one of many that were there and the roar of the engines made your hair stand on end. I hope it does the same for you and there has been no additional music / sound added to this video...

Enjoy - Peter

19/07/2012 06:11:33

NOSTALGIA - It was 20 years ago when people last saw an Avro Lancaster fly from the Bartons Point Flying Club field (Sheerness 1992). Now 20 years later we are honored to see another Avro Lancaster fly and hear its four engines roar over the same bit of grass again...
Mike Donnelley (MWM Warbirds) flew his plane so well it's a credit to his piloting skills. If you listen you will hear onlookers clapping without any prompting - such are the feelings this fantastic model generates in people - Try to look at this video full screen and in HD.

Thread: Lancaster - Old & New...
18/07/2012 19:50:46

Sorry everyone. Although I gave full credit for the old 1992 film footage I have been informed by the owner to remove this from the video.

I will re-post the new video. Sorry for any confussion I may have caused.

18/07/2012 15:11:48

A mix of "Old and New". The "old" being the first large Lancaster to fly at our flying site back in 1992. The "new" is the large Lancaster which flew at the "Flying Spectacular" this year 2012 - which is 20 years after the first Lancaster flight... The first video belongs to Tbobborap1 and it's been edited (reduced in size) to show only the 1992 event at our current flying site. 
The second film is my own - filmed at the same flying field at our 2012 "Flying Spectacular" event. Its interesting to note that the crowd react in the same way 20 years on - clapping at the same points - some feelings never change.  I do hope you enjoy this film as much as I enjoyed filming it... Regards Peter Bruce.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 18/07/2012 15:15:38

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 18/07/2012 15:18:57

18/07/2012 15:04:32

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 18/07/2012 15:12:53

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!