By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap

Here is a list of all the postings PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bartons Point Flying Spectacular 14/15 July.
13/07/2012 21:06:15

Hi Mike. Steam trains will be going both days I understand they do so well due to all the visitors who come to our do. Every tent and caravan in the picture are visiting flyers and you just cant get an idea of the depth. Amazing as most who will come have not even finished work yet. Ref the boating lake there should be no problems but there was no interest shown from the club who exhibited a few years ago and as you know we had the lake cleared especially for them and they did not take advantage of it - it was a lot to organise and it was for nothing as they did not use the lake - I think I am right in saying it was only Harry who did!

Looking forward to seeing you but I will no doubt have my hands full with a camera.

13/07/2012 21:06:14

Hi Mike. Steam trains will be going both days I understand they do so well due to all the visitors who come to our do. Every tent and caravan in the picture are visiting flyers and you just cant get an idea of the depth. Amazing as most who will come have not even finished work yet. Ref the boating lake there should be no problems but there was no interest shown from the club who exhibited a few years ago and as you know we had the lake cleared especially for them and they did not take advantage of it - it was a lot to organise and it was for nothing as they did not use the lake - I think I am right in saying it was only Harry who did!

Looking forward to seeing you but I will no doubt have my hands full with a camera.

13/07/2012 19:59:52

SO WHERE ARE YOU... This is around 5pm Friday and its getting packed out and most have not even finished work yet. got a lot more to get in...imga0008.jpg

13/07/2012 16:28:37

Well if you have been following my updates here is the last one - Just got back from the field and it was 3:40pm when I left and the camping field is already a third full and most people have not even finished work yet. If your coming get on your bike quick but to be fair we will get you in somewhere but dont hang about. Wind is dying down as promised and we have had no rain today - flying field grass has been well and truly scalped for them small jet wheels and all that rolling has paid off.

If your reading this now and thinking about coming please do as the weather has washed out so many events this year but on The Costa Del Sheppey our event is better than ever and we have now got more support from flyers of note - and you can fly to as its done as a fun for all event - for the whole family.

With a bit of luck the kids can even go on the beach - NO other flying event can see your wife & kids walking over the road to do that. Find out WHY its a big event and growing - and IT'S FREE.

I have to say it again - ITS FOR THE FAMILY AND ITS F R E E....

Costa Del Sheppey can offer you and your family a good time F R E E  -  I rest my case - Look me up if you think I am wrong - Regards Peter.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 13/07/2012 16:32:12

11/07/2012 18:27:31

Here we have another update - to be fair its the last as Thursday the grass is left to recover (Us to) and early on Friday all hell will breaks loose as the grass is cut very short and we have to rake off all the cuttings then the white line machine has to do its work - Also 2 big long Marque's to put up and thats all to be done before 2PM when you all start to turn up.

You WILL enjoy yourself if you make the effort to come anI have to say this again - IT'S FREE.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 11/07/2012 18:28:34

Thread: Death of a Stuka
11/07/2012 09:58:32

That sir, is the question of the year...

11/07/2012 00:31:49

You know the weathermen are always blaming the Jet Stream for all this windy weather - well the good news for the "Flying Spectacular" is that we have passed it onto the French & Spanish for the coming weekend... Thursday / Friday will be windy but the weekends event will be great - take a look.

jetstream sat + sun.jpg

Thread: Death of a Stuka
10/07/2012 23:29:19

Not heard a peep from George or even seen him at the field - I wonder if he is coming to the Flying Spectacular event this weekend - It would be nice to film the Stuka there...

10/07/2012 19:06:22

Another day and another update - Again at the field and its looking better all the time so please come along as we put a lot of work into making it a good event for everyone...

10/07/2012 10:19:14

Well lads the field is being rolled for a total of 24 hours over 3 days this week and as its a six acre flying field you dont have to go to Specsavers to see our landing field... The grass cutting takes place Thursday

The camping field is DRY with No MUD and this event goes ahead come what may so with all the foul weather about in the UK why not come to the Costa Del Sheppey with the family and enjoy yourself!!!

If you wish to fly you must be a competent flyer & have a minimum "A" and insurance - proof of which will be required on the day if you wish to fly. Other than the display teams attending and the big jets together with the big Lancaster who have their own flying slots other flying will be from the board & Tx control.

If you look at this sites "Video Channel" and see the video for the "Spectacular" you will get a feel for what its like and there are facilities for the family& if the sun comes out we even have a beach. With all the rain everywhere else has had we should call this island the Costa Del Sheppy - could we make stickers!!! (Only had 30.4mmrainfall for July so far) Regards to all who come - Dont forget go to the video channel and take a look at the Bartons point video as you wont be disappointed if you come...

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 10/07/2012 12:50:41

09/07/2012 22:19:13

Well all - This is how Adrian spent his eight hour day for all you "visitors" and there are still another 3 x eight hour shifts to do yet to roll this field - as its sooo big (for the jets). Here we are on the Monday B4 the event this coming weekends - The antics - Now Jan has passed her "A" flying test she can doANYTHING (see video). Enjoy

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 09/07/2012 22:21:28

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 09/07/2012 22:28:08

09/07/2012 21:05:08

Hi Joe. We all have a good time - today Adrian has spent 8 hours rolling a third of the flying field. Another two days to go to ensure its flat then we have the grass scalped (cut as short as it will get) so the jets small wheels can cope. All this goes on behind the scene which most never know of.I will post pictures later on... Watch this space. -Peter

09/07/2012 15:02:44

This is the only video I could find to give you a "feel" for what its like but it gets better every year and its FREE. See Events Tab - Bartons Point - and also its in the current issue of RCM&E. This is a fun event for the family - ask them that have already been. We dont care what the weather brings - it goes on regardless.

Thread: Jan Passes Her "A" Test - At Last
05/07/2012 23:38:58

Hi Chris - I have passed onto Jan your kind regards but she is still on cloud 9 at the moment...

Regards Peter

05/07/2012 22:40:30

25/06/2012 23:35:54

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 10/07/2012 12:50:57

Thread: Smoke System On a Panic
25/06/2012 21:39:05

Thats up to them when they fly - you can only ask...

25/06/2012 21:23:11

I had to post this as it works so well - you will have to tackle Dave on how he did it because it took quite some time to develop for such a small engine as the standard SC91 that you get for the Avicraft Panic. If you want a good time out see the events section here for Bartons Point (14th-15th July) and you can collar Dave and get the answers you need - incidently the Avicraft Panic display team will also be at the spectacular...

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 25/06/2012 21:28:03

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 25/06/2012 21:37:58

25/06/2012 21:17:26

Thread: Structural failure
08/06/2012 16:03:15

Thanks all - If you see the plane just before Dave flips it over you can perhaps get an idea on the handling of the plane as the tail section was dropping a good deal which was why he did the flip over and keeping the speed up was the key to control as it was only as the speed ebbed that the model became a problem. At our Fly In spectacular (held in July each year - free entry) we get some cool customers and if you want to see a plane fly after the main wing failed lets see if this can be posted here... Regards Peterhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKBXCw407I&feature=player_embedded

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!