By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap

Here is a list of all the postings PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lady - Learning to Fly
12/02/2012 13:04:28
Being the clever sort I am - and not wishing to die early - I have to be honest here and say I made sure I did NOT teach Jan to drive but made sure she had lessons - I have ensured the same sane reasoning to the model flying and a good friend has taken the task of training Jan on the buddy lead - that way I can stay alive.
Jan wants me to point out that the cooking she refers to is the BBQ at the field for all the flyer's.
Looks like they are going to go hungry till she gets her "A" this year...
Regards Peter

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 12/02/2012 13:05:33

12/02/2012 12:31:10
Can see I am on a hiding to nothing here - Jan's well amused - whatever happened all guys sticking together...
I can see me doing not only the cooking but also the repairs...
12/02/2012 12:23:18
Many Thanks Stephen - At the moment I am a luck man but what about when the wife wants to fly my planes...
"Crash Bang Wallop What a Picture What A Photograph" Say no more...
12/02/2012 11:34:47
Hi all
Jan (my other half) says a big thank you for the positive comments.
Jan (dictating this) said she has been learning for a long time and requires an "A" to fly solo at our club field and as she is also the Bartons Point Model Flying Clubs club secretary she is determined that this is the year she will pass - Less cooking and more flying this year I am told...
Regards Peter

11/02/2012 16:46:54
Jan's been learning for some time at our club - Wont be long now before she takes her test...

Thread: Learning to Fly
11/02/2012 15:37:56
This video was made just a few weeks back and with the music shows the way we teach new members to fly which keeps models more "intact" for much longer.
As the robot says in Buck Rogers "Buddy Buddy Buddy".

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 11/02/2012 15:43:26

Thread: Sub-Zero
11/02/2012 10:59:53
Hi Jo.
Thanks for your comment and I wonder if its you that comes up on our Blog sites web counter on a regular basis! - Peter
09/02/2012 10:13:13
Glad you took my advice to stay in the warm. - We got a real "hard core" here so as long as the wind is below about 20mph and its not going to rain all the time they are there - up goes the gazebo then the fire goes on and the flying starts.
But I do think your right - we are just not normal - it's a "living on an Island type thing".
Regards Peter
08/02/2012 23:16:16
With a ton of coal an a pot belly fire - we fly whenever we can...
Thread: Freezing But Fun
08/02/2012 22:49:56
Too windy to fly at Bartons Point Flying Club so dusted off my Airboat and made a few mods to it - Yesterdays ventured out with it but it was a dead loss as the plastic bits just broke in the cold however today was so much better - warmer to at only - 1C.
You can enjoy this in the warm but we froze our butts off cos we are mad at BPMFC.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 08/02/2012 22:59:27

Thread: Bartons Point - Isle of Sheppy. Kent
21/08/2011 22:16:23
What the hell - It flies / sails great.
Thread: Bartons Point, Sheppey - Kent - Friday Video
21/08/2011 21:03:03
Hope you like it.
Thread: Bartons Point, Isle of Sheppey. - Kent - Friday
21/08/2011 20:47:02
How about a nice big close mown field to land and take off in - Ours is BIG.
Thread: What Will This Years Bank Holiday Bring Us On Sheppey!
03/08/2011 23:12:40
I wonder What will be thrown at us this year - whatever we get we laugh - take a look and see what we got for last years Bank Holiday...
Thread: Flying Witch on Sheppey
03/08/2011 22:49:12
Every now and again...
Thread: Kent Family Flying Spectacular - Last Weekend
12/07/2011 08:30:07
Thanks to all who came along to make this a good event and a number of video's have now been posted on the club site - are you on one... Enjoy
http://bpmfc.blogspot.com/
Also thanks to RCME for placing our advert before the event .

Thread: Hand Crank Fuel Pump
22/04/2011 00:03:39
My hand pump just packed up as well and with the same problem - asked around and it seems with the Perkins pump the sheered gears on the first drive cog are common as the gearing level is far too high.
I am going to avoid this type of pump now.
Thread: RC Paraglider Part 1
13/02/2011 13:47:32
At last I was able to take the wing out to try it. Went to a shallow ten foot slope which was not ideal because the wind was off to one side a bit but I was able to test for trim and work out the extra ballast that was needed.
This was all done by just "feeling" how the wing behaved when I was holding it into wind - I could tell I needed to put on lots of lead (took this with me) and also the "A" risers were still not short enough - because the wing was holding back - the webbing will have to be changed which is a shame. (Just to try it out I looped the "A" risers making them a lot shorter for the first flight).
Although only a very short flight enough was learnt very quickly which will pave the way for the next flight which should ensure the wing is ballasted correctly and with the "A" risers changed the trim should be about right. All being well the next flight can be on a ridge with RC control... Watch its progress... ADDITION NOTE. From the short trial flight I was able to weigh the lead I put on and the "brick pilot " and lead came to .6 Kg.
The "A, B, C," riser webbings have all been shortened yet again to get the angle of attack the same as on the trial flight where I just looped (shortened) the lines to see if if the AOA was almost there.
It is clear to me that the challenge with this kind of model is the wing because its nothing like any other - but interesting if you want a challange and are good at sorting out knotted lines... Part 4 to follow
12/02/2011 19:21:08
Part 3

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 12/02/2011 19:21:54

06/02/2011 11:57:14
First sorry to for using the wrong text.
TonyS question for a powered buggy - you may try doing a search for "Ready-fly-sky-surfer-paraglider-parachute" and if you type it in as I have listed it you should get to a site that may provide your needs.
Peter
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!