By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap

Here is a list of all the postings PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RC Paraglider Part 1
06/02/2011 10:56:04
RC Paraglider - Part 2 has now been posted onto my YouTube site which may help some.
I was not too keen on my poor little pilot getting busted up and messy so being the good general that I am I considered the implications for my Action Man and got the back room boffins to come up with something simple to reduce (or totally avoid) casualties.
The results of the sleepless nights for the boffin in charge was the Pilot Block - I was going to call it a Pilot Brick but felt that other implications could cause a problem...
And yes it is a charge lead that comes out - I MADE SURE it came out higher than it wanted to Ha Ha.
Peter

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 06/02/2011 11:36:16

Thread: Swampy Rescued on Minster Cliffs
05/02/2011 11:26:23
Dont forget - you can always come over to the island to fly...

But it could stop you from going home...

So "Beware of the mud on the cliffs and dont fly alone"...
Thread: RC Paraglider Part 1
05/02/2011 00:06:43
I wanted to have a go at this project and because the chance came up to buy a model paraglider wing I felt the rest should be easy (I dont think).
I have now made a working pilot and the next thing is to try and get the wing to fly which is a lot harder than you might think because the supplied wing has the ABCD riser lengths configured as a parachute not a paraglider. (For them that know what I mean this will make sense).
I am now playing about with the riser lengths but it now looks like I will have to start shortening the lines of risers A & B so its far from straightforward.
As soon as I make more progress I will post a follow up video.
This route is plagued with problems but I just hope it will fly in the end as the CofG on a bag of washing is not easy to find...

PS - Anyone out there good at undoing knots. volunteers please.
Peter
Thread: Swampy Rescued on Minster Cliffs
27/01/2011 09:14:35
Thanks for the comment - you will enjoy it when you get home I am sure...
That aside Swampy in the video could easily have been me.
None of us had any idea how bad the mud and clay was on the cliffs at this moment in time - and we live here - although this is very funny the implications are more serious as it could have been a rescue instead of laughs.
So as usual there is a "quote" to be had from the episode (The "quote" is at end of Video and sounds just like Tommy Cooper used to sound).
Regards Peter
26/01/2011 22:58:36
Many Thanks
Link above changed - Part One is listed under the title of
OOOPS Thats What Pressing Publish Post Does.

PS - he is NOW called Swampy...

I am sure you will enjoy it and there are many more on our site to make you laugh...

Regards

Peter

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 26/01/2011 22:59:40

26/01/2011 22:37:03
Yes its the SAS Wildthing Swampy was flying in the quicksand...
26/01/2011 22:35:07
Barton Point Model Flying Club - for the first part of the video to see how he got into this mess goto http://bpmfc.blogspot.com/

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 26/01/2011 22:53:21

26/01/2011 22:25:00
What can you say - Stay safe on the cliffs.
Thread: Indoor Flying
04/11/2010 20:18:19
Went along to see what it was all about this week and I was truly amazed at what I saw. I did take my trusty FlyCamOne V2 along and as its so light stuck it onto a model.
Looks so good - have a look at it.
Also did a bit of video and if you want you can see that as well
Thread: FlyCamOne -V2 Still Best in my book.
04/11/2010 20:09:33
Had my V2 camera for a few years now and on my second battery. Still not tempted to "upgrade" because this little beast is able to go onto anything with nothing more than a bit of velcro - I have made dozens of vids with it and its also had a few knocks but it you want something you can put quickly on anything then this is the best.
I think leads and mounts poking out do not help with flexability.
A question for people who have upgraded and can compare the two -What do you think - am I missing something...
Thread: Bit of fun - Messing with video...
14/10/2010 11:59:55
Flying from a coastal flying site we often have stronger wind blowing than most are used to - its often across the patch so any tail dragger can be a problem just as it starts to roll and the tail becomes deflected the model could head towards our pits or car park...
I find the safest way (for me) is to throttle up holding the model and when I let go the tail its off the ground and I have a fairly good control of the tail as my left hand is on the throttle / rudder stick all the time - If things do go wrong I can cut the engine as soon as my right hand gets back to the Tx - does not look as good but is safer...
I do this with all my tail draggers now - a 180 degree turn around on take off with a quarter scale DR1 throwing  a 21" prop is not what you want going in the wrong direction...
I would probably not take this action if I was to fly an inland site but as it is I prefer a way that works for our field and keeps us all safe.
I hope this explanation is satisfactory.  
13/10/2010 11:35:46
Wanted to have something a bit different for the club blog...
What do you think.
Peter.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 13/10/2010 11:39:29

Thread: Bank Holiday Camp-in at Barton Point Flying Club
08/09/2010 19:30:03
08/09/2010 19:28:26
Al I can say is that if you watch this you will see what a mad lot we are. We had hoped to fly over the whole bank holiday but it was not to be BUT would they give in and pack up the tents - NO - Just see what I managed to catch on film.
Regards
Peter

Thread: New Ventus Glider from CMP
01/01/2009 17:49:00

Hi Eric

Thanks for the advice. used my air brakes at 6" and it dropped like a stone and broke the wheel...

Did get a fright with the speed of the thing - so slippery in the air.

Doing slope soaring on the cliffs at the moment and set off a bit of a rush as in a week 6 have gone out and got combat wings....

01/01/2009 10:08:00

Nice glider - also installed electric brushless motor running 4S LiPo for fantastic climb rate.

Just keep the speed up to stop tip stall and never put the air brakes all the way up on a "switch" like they show on the photo - it drops like a stone....

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us