By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alex Leigh

Here is a list of all the postings Alex Leigh has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Luna 2
01/03/2010 09:42:04
*ahem*. They're not all mine. Only the first five
28/02/2010 21:08:09
I'm going with Lee's option RX ordered. Should be ready to go for next weekend.  Somebody order me up some nice non-crossed wind, with a side order of sunshine!
27/02/2010 20:39:51
Not wishing to hijack Matthew's thread but

It bench flies very well. Needs an RX, some programming, much more skill than I currently have to fly. The way you bolt the wings makes me think it'd break into a million pieces with some of my landings.

I'll let someone else maiden it for me, have a twiddle on the sticks, and then put it away until I am worthy
27/02/2010 15:32:26
I have my Luna now I need to work out how it goes together and fit a RX. IT looks lovely!
26/02/2010 19:25:29
Tim you have quite a few gliders to fly tho I was talking to the luna-lite person that is Mr Lloyd earlier this week, and we were plotting our return to the Orme

Managed to get out today in 30+ on Garway. I'd almost forgotten how good sloping is
26/02/2010 15:59:47
Nice Pic that Lee. Not sure what it was, but looked rude

I get my 2nd hand one tomorrow. Perfect flying conditions to maiden it. Snow and wind in the wrong direction. Anyone else bored of winter?
Thread: So how many planes did you fly today
17/01/2010 18:20:38
First for me in 2010 as well. Couldn't get to fly with Timbo but flew my Middle Phase for ages on Garway. Chucked EG as well but way too windy. 

20 knots. Bob on the slope. Awesome
Thread: I fancy a go..
15/01/2010 09:07:05
Thanks Myron, when the model comes back into stock, I'll buy one to fly it with.
Thread: Middle Phase - torque rods OR wing servos?
12/01/2010 19:05:19
Mine are about the length of the servo leads from the root Seriously I picked the fattest section of the wing and stuffed them in there. Also used some superb servo boxes that fitted the JR servos.
Thread: I fancy a go..
12/01/2010 19:04:08
Seen the ember, fancied something a bit left field. Don't have a DSM2 and don't want the faff/expense of converting my DSX9 to 2.4 ghz hence looking at the Planet stuff. Amazing value really.
12/01/2010 16:26:39
Being a Sloper, I thought I'd look at something a bit glider-y. There's a school in the next town that has a meeting every month. Not sure I'll enjoy it, decided Heli's might be a step too far currently (much as I love the look of them), so thought:

What's not to like eh? 
Thread: My field yesterday.
11/12/2009 08:59:47
Prefer "my" field. Flyable in all conditions

Thread: Good used 4x4 - any suggestions...
08/12/2009 11:41:10
I've got a Nissan X-Trail which has been brilliant for dealing with models/mountain bikes/camping/kids/dog/etc. New ones have slightly tougher engines as well (the 2.2 diesel in mine has a known intercooler/turbo issue) and they've done quite a lot to make them a bit more refined/nice inside.

Mine's a 55 plate and I'll probably have another one in a couple of years. Drives mostly like a car, but is a decent 4x4 as well. Only needed the 4x4 a few times in snow/mud/etc but every time it's saved my bacon!

Ford Rangers are bonkers cheap as well.
Thread: The 2009 RCM&E & Modelflying.co.uk awards
07/12/2009 11:07:50
1. Leeds Model Shop
2. Phoenix Model Products (Stan Yeo, top man)
3. No opinio
4. Multiplex Easyglider (just pipping the Wildthing!)
Thread: Luna 2
06/12/2009 22:01:34
Two hands probably Lee Hope to be up the Mynd soon, be in touch.
06/12/2009 15:38:03
I'd just like to admit that my previous position "I'm not getting a Luna as a) ML has one and b) I'll just destroy it" has been somewhat adjusted by a 2nd hand one being offered for not much cash at all. All built, recently (very nicely repaired) and even in a bag (ideal for me for carrying the remains from the slope) .

Pick it up sometime around Christmas. Probably won't get flown until a) I decide I've practised enough and I'm ready or b) when my patience runs out.

Probably Dec 27th then
Thread: Mini Blade Spinning - Don't do it
05/12/2009 19:56:10
It was funny to watch tho Would have been less amusing had it come out of the spin 1/2 a turn later. Bonkers conditions this morning.
Thread: FrankS' 4m Discus Maiden - picture story!
30/11/2009 22:03:09
I'll take my camera up to the slope we fly off in South Wales. The view from there is epic!

Matthew - I know you're a man with much on his plate, but the winds and the slopes will still be there when you're done. Obviously I'll probably have changed my entire fleet by then, but....
Thread: Crow braking on throttle stick
30/11/2009 21:59:21
Lee - not to me it doesn't! I just got used to flying with the rudder at the top of the left stick! I might look at flight phases again but my first attempt went quite badly wrong when I accidently hit it with gloves on, and BAD THINGS HAPPENED

Video would be good..

ShedThing(tm) is a movable feast. I'll be in touch when the planets align
Thread: No space, need a Tardis
30/11/2009 17:56:34
It's a bit tidier now   What you can't see are the eight (only 5 are mine) bikes hanging off the back wall. I designed it with bikes in mind, but as they were building it, I realised i needed somewhere for the models, hence the roof space being left open. There's also a shelving system on the other long wall. Top of which is my Easy glider rigged. Basically most stuff fits in my 4x4 rigged so I like to leave them built.

Ironically, the last build I did was on our dining room table as my wife was helping and we don't like leaving the kids in the house on their own!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us