By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eric Powell

Here is a list of all the postings Eric Powell has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Free Glue Grab Weekend
24/05/2014 08:43:29

Pretty please

ERIC

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
21/12/2013 00:45:29

I`d love the haynes manual as my father in law was a radio mechanic at Bardney during the war and it would be good to see what he was involved with.

Eric

Thread: 'keil kraft cub' comp
14/11/2013 00:55:02

me too please Ken

ERIC

Thread: Loft insulation
27/10/2013 01:02:22

If you can get any assistance from a contractor/government, make sure that your loft is emptied of all your old insulation .

for some reason they react better if it is pointed out to them that it is the property of a pensioner who is so poor that they cannot afford any insulation whatsoever .

also if you fit thermostatic valves to a central heating system leave at least one radistor in the system (possibly the bathroom) without any form of thermostatic valve

regards

eric

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
10/10/2013 01:11:45

Surely if the driver can average 90 mph for the second lap then his average over 2 laps will be 60 mph or am i missing something ?

Thread: Free stuff weekend
05/10/2013 01:35:41

pretty please for the balsa or the building jig or anything .

thanks in advance

Eric

18/08/2013 02:07:02

Saw my first Christmas cards on sale last week .

has just ruined my summer for me or is it me growing older ?

Thread: Weekend Giveaway
02/03/2013 01:17:26

A nice read before breakfast would just suit me ,

thanks in advance

Thread: Aldi Sunday 10th Feb
10/02/2013 10:28:03

Gallop off down there & stop horsing about.

Thread: PayPal Scam
14/01/2013 00:57:54

I received the PayPal notification about 3 weeks ago so I forwarded it onto PayPal as a possible scam and asked them to verify it .

not heard anything back from them but I did receive the scam again 2 days ago so I put it where all these requests go to ; THE DELETE BOX !

10/01/2013 20:06:34

many thanks for the choige of music ,

goose bumps and tingling sensations along the spine and the nether regions .

they don`t make musuc like they used to !!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: A Second restored full size Lancaster
03/01/2013 01:58:01

My wife and I were at East Kirby last July and they were holding a memorial service for 5 bomber group who were based in the area and the highlight of the day was a taxi trip in the Lancaster .

we also did the tour around Coningsby where we asked about tracing her fathers war service record as he had served his time at Bardney airfield as a radio fitter.

we then went on to Bardney aiirport where we found that a model flying club were based in the old control tower as their club room which we examined with one of the members . It alll got a bit emotional for my wife as she realised that she was stepping into an area where her late father had spent his youth .

Thread: It wasn't Burma it was Brum!
10/12/2012 01:38:21

The unofficial rumour was that the Spitfire engine were found in the Jaguar plant at Castle Bromwich and were buried under the old airfield which is now the Castle Vale housing Estate .

Might be a good idea to demolish it and look for the engines which were supposedly placed inside crates before burial .

Thread: Andi Little-are you out there ?
08/12/2012 00:59:40

Desperately trying to contact Andi Little as I have some information for him , have tried the e-mail address that he sent me but it was returned as unobtainable .

If anyone Knows him could they get him to contact me through this site .

many thanks

Thread: bandsaw
04/12/2012 02:00:45

Does anybody know Andi Little , he contacted me about some information about a bandsaw that he has obtained .

I have tried to contact him but the e-mail address he gave me is incorrect .

Many thanks in advance .

Thread: Recommendations for an all in one printer?
18/09/2012 01:11:27

I use a Brother MFC-235C inkjet printer and get my refills from IJT who also offer deals on injet and laser printer whereby you purchase a load of cartridges,etc and they give you the printer for free ,

may be worth checking their website

07/09/2012 01:43:23

Terence

Glad its made a good impression on you , its a shame other people ignored the fact that Rover could build good quality vehicles at a reasonable price .Perhaps they would still have been in business otherwise .

04/09/2012 01:18:52

Terence

is it the 1.8 turbo petrol K series engine ?

If so then you need to consider a cam belt change at 60K , also keep an eye on the temp / gauge as any overheating / loss of coolant could result in softening of the alloy and having to replace the engine .

loss of coolant due to head gasket problems is a possibility but we were working on a multi layer gasket ( similar to the KV6 engine ) just before the plug was pulled in 2005 which cured the problem which I believe is now available as an aftermarket replacement .

however having painted the worst possible scenario if the engine is OK and the car is the right price go for it as it is a good drive and comfortable and most parts are stilll available .

Thread: Free to good home
29/05/2012 01:15:44

Many thanks Andy,its looking well with its replacement engine.

Eric

26/05/2012 01:33:52

I live in Catshill not far from you and i`ve got an O.S. 20 going spare which should fit ,P.M. me if you still want it out of your way

regards

Eric

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us