By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Olly P

Here is a list of all the postings Olly P has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Aviation Funnies
22/05/2009 12:51:57
From the australian national airlines flight maintenance log:

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Pilot: Something Loose in Cockpit

Engineer: Something tightened in cockpit

Pilot: Mouse in Cockpit

Engineer: Cat installed

Pilot: 3rd engine missing

Engineer: 3rd engine located after short search, its on the starboard wing.

There are more, but I can't remember them from the top of my head....
Thread: Super glue in eye!!!
22/05/2009 11:26:37
Shaun, Gurkha's I guess?
Which Telic's and Herrick's?
20/05/2009 17:32:36
superglue was developed during the vietnam war to save time in US army field hospitals, glue 'em not stitch 'em.....

This is why is has always worked better on my fingers than when fixing the broken china...
Thread: Hornet? Whats that then?
19/05/2009 09:32:36
Martin,
The name reflects the fact that while I used to fly I haven't done so for a while and am therefore a little rusty. I intend to join a local club in the near future, as soon as i finish unpacking stuff into the new house!

The wingtips are missing a few bits, but will probably be enough to give me a profile. I'll have a proper look at it shortly and carry on from there.
18/05/2009 15:45:44
Nope. No spares.

Right now to find plans so I can repair the wing, along with a charger for the radio gear and manual for the engine!
18/05/2009 15:42:25
Many Thanks. Was a real bargin, came with a Futaba 6ex, 4 servos Rx and OS .46 engine for £69.

Will give Macgregor a ring.
18/05/2009 14:34:04
   I have just bought up a bargin on Ebay (picture attached). The only problem with it is that I can't find any refences to it anywhere, and it has some damage to both wingtips, so i need to make some new bits and fix them before i can fly.

Does anyone know what this model is, who manufactured it or any details at all?

Many thanks for your help

Olly

Thread: Guillows Piper Super Cub 95
11/05/2009 16:00:04
Hmm. Have had a thought. in a model of this size, weight is obviosly at a premium. would a co2 motor be lighter? I have never ventured into CO2 before so don't know the weights involved....
04/05/2009 21:44:50
Going to try something similar with one of the Cessna kits. However I am moving house this coming week and so will not be starting until then. apparently this can be powered by a .02 'gas' engine, just need to find a stockest. and get all the radio gear!
Thread: Getting back into
06/04/2009 08:39:08
Eric, While it was a few years ago I was quite young at the time....having said that I already wear milk bottle bottoms!

As regards how far I got I started with a slopesoar trainer and never finished building my second model...but did get good at flying the first. I have flown 'real things' as well as models, and am quite a good pilot, however I need to brush up, but would like to have somethingthat takes me a bit further, eventually perhaps going to scale models, depending on budget and where Her Maj sends me!

I'll have a look at arising stars and kits then Ken and see how I get on price wise.
05/04/2009 15:51:53
Hello All,
I'm just looking at restarting model flying after a long absence (several years) and a lot has changed since I was into modelling, such as electric being introduced and so on. I am now looking at starting again with a trainer type aircraft and having to buy all new radio gear.
What would be a sensible combination?

I'm looking at joining a couple of clubs (living in 2 places at once), but due to the nature of my employment at the moment may not be able to fly exclusivly with others so would also be looking at solo flight.

Any help/advice given would be appreciated.
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!