By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roger in Dubai

Here is a list of all the postings Roger in Dubai has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Veron BeeBug
27/04/2016 03:47:29

Very nice Darryl and looking forward to seeing this fly on Saturday when we meet at the field. Travelling up from Muscat on Thursday and will be at the field at about 05:30 on Saturday and will bring the camera and video.

No wonder there is bags of thrust from that size prop.

Thread: Bob Palmers Mars
16/04/2016 10:11:04

Hi Darryl

Excellent, well done. Having seen your other "conversions" fly i am really looking forward to seeing the Mars when i am up in Dubai at the end of this month.

Cheers from a very windy Muscat.

Roger

Thread: Any recommendations...fiction
06/03/2016 11:16:11

Dale Brown, great books and lots of flying in them as well. He also co-wrote many books with Jim DeFelice and they are also well worth a read.

Also just finished a great read entitled "The man who broke in Auschwitz" by Denis Avey. Although non-fiction it really is a great read about the life a foot soldier in the Rifle Brigade in the desert and then being captured and ending up in a camp next to Auschwitz and how he hatched a plan to spend a night in the concentration camp.

Just started the autobiography of Steve Fossett.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
09/02/2016 09:13:33

Hi Beth

I received a mail from Holly Wykes (Customer Service) saying that the January issue would be posted to me and will be with me in Dubai within 7 to 10 days (that was 10 days ago today), still not arrived but will hang on a while longer. In the meantime I have been informed that the February mag has arrived (I am in Muscat, Oman at the moment) and will collect that upon my return to Dubai later this month.

Seems as though things go awry on renewing subscriptions as I also had "issues" with the website renewal process and was fortunately in the UK towards the end of October and renewed by phone.

Best wishes and hope the renewal process is easier later this year, keep up the good work on the magazine, it is the best out there in my opinion.

24/01/2016 06:27:34

Thanks Steven I will send them a mail shortly requesting information as I fear I may have the same issue as you have experienced. As i have been getting the magazines for many years more than I care to remember I do not want to miss a single issue.

23/01/2016 12:16:08

Still haven't received my January issue yet. Renewed my subscription in November by phone whilst on holiday in the UK, despite only expiring in January and still no mag. Please investigate and let me know when I can expect the January magazine. Seeing adverts for the February mag makes me worried it has somehow gone missing. sad

Thread: RCM&E January 2016 magazine
13/01/2016 12:12:54

Still waiting for mine as well. Hopefully will be here very soon a I see the February edition being advertised on the site already.

Thread: Canopy Glue
11/04/2015 18:14:46

Top class product and in my opinion, the only glue to use for canopies. It does what is "says on the tin" and does this very well. Have never had any issues with exhaust residue loosening / weakening the bond to a canopy.

Safe landings

Thread: Pete Lowe, RCM&E columnist
11/04/2015 18:11:20

Just read the tragic news that Pete Lowe is no longer with us. My condolences to the family and may Pete be blessed with many happy days flying in greener pastures. You will be missed.

Thread: RCM&E March 2015
10/02/2015 11:03:09

Received my February mag a few days ago (long way to get the mag to Dubai) and now already looking forward to another great read in the March issue. Keep up the good work and safe landings to all.

Thread: Christmas wishes
26/12/2014 18:45:41

Greetings for the rest of the festive season from Cape Town (on holiday here) to all at RCM&E and the "forumites"

Safe landings

Roger

Thread: Turbine sound from EDF
25/05/2014 12:45:26

Flying the Taft Hobby Viperjet 90 at the moment. It has a 90mm fan with 11 blades.

Only downside is the 5000mah 6S packs last about 4.5 minutes max !!! That is if you wish to leave about 25% capacity. The sound is great though. Enjoy whatever you decide to use.

Thread: Free Glue Grab Weekend
25/05/2014 12:40:04

Yes please, count me in

Thread: Editing software
12/05/2014 13:57:05

Nothing at all wrong with the GoPro Studio software and it's free !!

When I incorporate my GoPro footage into other videos I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 17 (latest version upgrade from Version 15 a few weeks ago), this is not free sad.

Enjoy your editing as it adds a whole new dimension to the hobby.

Safe landings

Roger

Thread: RCM&E May 2014 issue
27/04/2014 07:09:57

Did anyone else spot that the Kamco Kalypso was about to lose its left wing strut ?

BTW, I learned to fly on the Kamco Kadet in 1975 and a few years later also had the Kamco Kossack. The Kossack flew great with a .40 up front and different to look at with the small lower wing (ailerons on top wing only).

Safe landings

Roger

Edited By Roger in Dubai on 27/04/2014 07:10:21

Thread: Patternship suggestions?
08/04/2014 14:09:11

Sebart Angel 50 with components (motor, ESC etc) as described on the box lid is a great flying aeroplane, very precise and so smooth. 10 / 10 from me.

Thread: omg...
19/02/2014 10:15:26

So glad I "don't do e-bay" as could well be tempted...................NOT. I did note the LCD has some figures on it, so not a complete waste wink.

Seriously, the seller has some major cahunas to try and sell that. The scary part is that somebody who does not know anything about RC Flying may buy it and attempt to fly it. Good job I live far enough away not to witness that flight.

Safe landings to all forumites (and to the purchaser of the "thing" in the photos).

Thread: my first own design
24/01/2014 13:47:36

Well done Darryl and was a pleasure to witness the test flight and put in the bit of trim you requested. Great landing and will attempt to put the video taken with my DSLR on here when I find out how to post videos. Looking forward to seeing it again next Friday at the field.

Thread: Transmitter neck straps ...
22/12/2013 15:24:46

Could not imagine not having the neck strap. Have tried without and also with a tray and just didn't feel right. I suppose after just 2 months shy of 39 years of RC flying and all but 6 months of those with a neck strap could be the reason ?

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
22/12/2013 15:20:00

Wow, now I know what Santa feels like !! Thanks RCM&E.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us