By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Gilder

Here is a list of all the postings David Gilder has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2019
24/09/2016 20:27:01

Okay. Its bad news I'm afraid... sad

Work in their wisdom have given me Sunday 9th Oct off sad.

That means I can now make both days of the final flyin and will be attending the meal with SWMBO!! cheeky

Staying at the Afon Conwy as mum has kindly agreed to house / dog sit!

Tim, Add 2 more to the meal list please!!!

See you all soon!!

24/09/2016 09:21:13

Do mcD's do waffels?

Thread: Fantasy Formula 1
05/09/2016 02:05:55

Knew I would have done badly.... Due to a health issue, I was unable to get onto computer to do my predictions following practice (which coincidentally I didn't get to see either!)

C'est la Vie!!

Thread: FOOD CHOICE 10TH SEPT PSSA MEET.
28/08/2016 18:22:56

Jessica (SWMBO!) = Starter: Scotch Egg. Beer Battered Fish Burger (2nd Choice: Lasagne).

Dave (HWMO!) = Starter: Scotch Egg. Old Tom Beef Burger (2nd Choice: Tandoori Chicken Pizza Plank)

Nanook and Blue will welcome all the left overs!!!dogdog

Thread: Harry's A4 Scooter
22/08/2016 15:12:29

You can always bring it to mine to spray it Harry!

Thread: PSSA Gliding Events 2019
16/08/2016 22:49:32

Another 2 here Tim.

I'm assuming they don't allow badly behaved dogs !!!! hee hee!!!

Mixed reviews on trip advisor so be interesting to see!

11/08/2016 00:00:31

I'm sure we will Steve, Its the normal way!!

10/08/2016 23:28:40

Myself and Warren will be arriving in Llanbedrog around 5.

Once set up, might look for a fly or just go for some tea and some drinks!

Feel free to give us a shout also. We are on campsite just above the Ship Inn, so will probably be heading there for food! IF you need my number, PM me!

Dave

Thread: What's flying over your house
10/08/2016 19:26:54

Great pics Devcon 1

Its a C17 Globemaster!

Thread: Spektrum AR9350 receivers
09/08/2016 18:38:49

Hobbyking do the Orange Rx. Thats what I have used! Great without the case!

09/08/2016 18:06:20

I recently bought a DLG and fly Spektrum. I just bought an orange Rx and removed the hard plastic case.

A lot of the size is the case !

Hope that suits your needs.

Dave

Thread: PSS Models FOR SALE or WANTED
09/08/2016 00:24:33
Posted by Mark Kettle 1 on 08/08/2016 18:45:05:

Spitfire for sale -

**LINK**

I know Phil he had a Gazelle off me.

Passing near/rish to Mansfield tomorrow on my way to the Llyn. Anyone interested?

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 08/08/2016 18:46:42

SOLD!!

Thread: Middle Phase Glider
05/07/2016 16:20:48

Mike,

A friend of mine is just building a Middle Phase.

Could you possibly post a picture of your servo bay setup so he can see for his!

Many Thanks

05/07/2016 00:47:54
Posted by John Privett on 04/07/2016 20:07:50:
Posted by David Gilder on 04/07/2016 19:49:31:

Imagine how much better it would have been if I had remembered to do my predictions!!!!

And I even remind everybody on Friday evenings before each race... sad

What is it they say about leading a horse to water? wink 2

Alas, When the reminder came out, I was already on a train bound for London so no way to do them!!
Never mind!

Thread: Plane spotting
04/07/2016 22:57:44

It's defo an Airbus380 (A380-800)

We get the Emirates ones into Manchester twice a day!

Just had a weekend in London and was amazed to see so many of them flying onto Heathrow.......

Saw Emirates, B.A., Quantas & Qatar A380's

Dave

04/07/2016 19:49:31

5th scorer !! Wow!!!

Imagine how much better it would have been if I had remembered to do my predictions!!!!

Lesson learned!

Roll on the next race!!

Thread: New To Flying
26/06/2016 13:47:13

Welcome to the forum Warren.

There is nothing to stop you building whilst we get you on the sticks.

The foamy wing will get you going and help you to become proficient and safe ready for an own built model to take to the air.

The Cliffwacker linked above looks like a suitable starter for 10! I was thinking of something along the lines of a precedent Hi fly or a Ridge Runt, but having looked at the Cliffwacker - Might build one alongside you!

Dave

Thread: Not another A4! (Blue Angel!)
21/06/2016 18:20:37

I'm Back!!!!

So with the exception of the F9 at the rear (as I havn't decided on a pipe yet!), I have completed all the sheeting for the fuselage and have moved my attention to the intakes!

Now the real things have the intakes set off from the fuselage and I wanted to partially model this on my airframe!

So after a little think, I have the following.....

Considering that the bottom of the intake section will be flush and touching the side of the fuselage as per the plan, I am not going to infill the gap left at the top.

Instead I have inserted a bit of balsa dowel which will be trimmed down a tad to a better shape to support the top front of the intake!

With me? No!! Not surprised.. So a picture or 2 paint a thousand words!

dsc02088.jpg

dsc02089.jpg

This will mean that I will have to leave the intakes off the fuselage for the main shaping and then cover behind them a bit before attaching and final shaping for them! However, I think this will look really good!

Now I recently received quite a ribbing for not admitting to not owning a razor plane...

What I found I did own though is a small palm plane so it has had a clean and sharpen and is awaiting the mass of balsa removal that is immanent!

Also I have seen in action recently, atop the Orme, a Perma Grit sanding block. I was sold as soon as I saw how good they worked and the fact they don't wear out really is a huge bonus! So one was duly ordered and has now taken up residence in the workshop!!

dsc02092.jpg

That's all for now..

Stay tuned!!

Dave

15/06/2016 20:49:51

Not sure what you mean by clean workshop Bob..........

dsc02078.jpg

Defo not clean or tidy!!

Its also the garden shed!!!!

15/06/2016 17:14:24

With the front uppers pulled in it was time to add some extra strip infront of the cockpit to level off ready for sheeting.

dsc01614.jpg

dsc01620.jpg

This was all sanded down to leave a flat surface and the top sheet was added here and aft of the cockpit.

Unfortunately, I omitted to photograph of this part and the next part which compromised building up the nose!

Once this was done the nose was given a basic shape ready for further work!

A little more top decking was completed along the rear and the cutouts for the tail were done.

At the same time, the intake former's were glued into the pre-cut holes on the fuselage sides.

Now at this point I cut some length of sheet balsa and soaked them in warm water before wrapping them around a few spray laquer cans I had on a shelf and left them to dry ready for use for the intake ducting skins.

dsc01622.jpg

I already knew that I wasn't going to enjoy this part due to the complex curves just rear of the cockpit and boy was I right!!!!!

Having made a complete hash of trying to cut to fit, I reverted to a more tried and tested method of planking!!

Only a few parts on up to now but so much easier (albeit a little more time consuming!)

dsc02062.jpg

dsc02065.jpg

So that's where its currently at!

Once the paneling is done and sanded to shape, I will be fitting the snake outer and exhaust former at the rear!

Then it will be back to the air intakes and the lower rear sheeting before I start to big process of carving the beautiful curves of the fuselage!!

I will update as soon as able but please bear with me as its a busy time here!

Dave

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us