By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ross Clarkson

Here is a list of all the postings Ross Clarkson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Aircraft chock.
15/05/2009 17:02:56
Hi,

I have seen that you can hold your plane with a chock that has two long bits of dowel that go vertically around the fuselage and in front of the tail to stop your aircraft moving.
I also understand this may be a necessity at a club.

Has anybody got any links to somewhere that sells them or advice on how to make one, they can't be that hard surely?

Cheers,

Ross.
Thread: Engine RPM's?
15/05/2009 16:59:11
Ok, cheers Steve, much appreciated.
Thread: Ewe Farm, Nr RAF Benson, Oxon.
15/05/2009 00:12:42
Ha Ha, i am not sure they would appreciate the downdraft blowing thier models away Stephen!!!!
Thread: First solo flight with personal aircraft!
14/05/2009 22:40:33
That is a quality story Garry, loved it. Good way of looking at it.

Cheers.
14/05/2009 22:13:03
I am looking to complete my first solo in the next week or so.

I am sooo scared of breaking my new pride and joy and was just wondering, how did people find thier first ever flight with thier own aircraft and what is the success rate?  
Thread: Engine RPM's?
14/05/2009 22:03:34
I have the above engine on my Alpha 40 with an APC 11x5 prop and ally spinner.

Does anybody know what an ideal idle RPM and full power RPM is?

Or is it too individual to say for each engine? 
Thread: Hello from a much belated newbie!
14/05/2009 21:56:16
Cheers guys, feel welcome already.

Great forum.
Thread: Under-powered Boomerang
14/05/2009 21:07:18
Some great advice and tips in this thread for a newbie. The thought of the throttle sticking open scared the living daylights out of me until now.

Cheers guys.
Thread: Baggy skin
14/05/2009 20:56:53
My Hangar 9 Alpha 40 was the same, spent a whole day ironing her out with a sealing iron but thats because i have OCD when it comes to things like that!!
Thread: Engine Starting problems
14/05/2009 20:52:26
I have literally started my I/C engine about 4 times as i am such a newbie so i feel very unqualified to comment, but i am going to anyway.

The buzz (No pun intended) of starting a proper miniture engine and hearing it whirl away has given me quite an intense adrenalin rush. I considered going electric but opted for I/C for the realism effect and i am soooo glad i did.

Can't imagine electric being the same.

Plus, albeit it is only about 4 times but mine runs lovely and starts everytime.

Thread: Ewe Farm, Nr RAF Benson, Oxon.
14/05/2009 20:44:37
Vinno,

Do you mean St Clements Street down from the High Street?
14/05/2009 15:07:35
Hi,

I quite often fly overhead here and see a little square strip with people flying thier RC aircraft.

Thing is, i can not find any info on the internet regarding this site and as i work just down the road from here, i was wondering if anybody knows about this site, attends it or knows who runs it?

Cheers,

Ross.
Thread: Hello from a much belated newbie!
14/05/2009 12:18:20
Hi all,

Just a quick intro.
I am 31, from Oxfordshire and have been fascinated with RC flight since i was very little. Unfortunately, funds never allowed me to access the hobby but now things are different!!!

I have purchased an Hangar 9 Alpha 40 trainer as my first aircraft and she is still unflown as of yet although i have been tinkering with the engine, ground running and taxiing. I am learning to fly with Paul Heckles school of flight and apart from a little recent dabble with a RC Heli i am extremely new to the airborne world of RC although i have got a lot of real world aviation background.

Joined the forum today and it looks stunning. Can not wait to bug all you experienced guys already!!!

Cheers,

Ross.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
CML
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us