By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for TonyS

Here is a list of all the postings TonyS has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: No throttle on binding
27/07/2013 21:39:32

Update.

It all works perfectly now I've set the throttle range.

Thanks everyone - Now I've finished the assembly just in time for the rain to set in.. typical.

Never mind, the lawn could use it.

T

27/07/2013 19:53:31

Oooops! blush

I forgot all about setting the throttle range......I've only been flying for about 5 years and I am a slow learner so......

Thanks Pete.

I hope that this works. Funny though. In the interim I've swapped the ESC from an old (err, for old read crashed beyond repair...) model and it worked fine. Maybe the ESC and Tx remembered one another... teeth 2

T

27/07/2013 18:29:40

Hmmm. I'm afraid that didn't work.

I reversed the throttle channel and set the throttle trim to minimum. When I bound it this time all I got was continuous beeping. Previously everything worked fine then when I moved the throttle I got a series of rapid beeps.

27/07/2013 18:22:51

Thanks chaps - off to the workshop. I'll let you know how I get on!!

27/07/2013 18:17:11

Hi Chaps,

Hope you're all well - it's been a while (don't ask)

Quick question. I've been trying to bind a DX7 to various receivers (Spektrum and Orange) with similar results - the control surfaces work but when I move the throttle all I get is a series of quick beeps. I've bound dozens of planes but never had this. Problem is I've tried it on two different planes with similar results. Anyone come across this?

Thanks

T

Thread: West Wing - the TV series
08/01/2013 20:14:04

Beats me chaps. It's a pic from my first model build The Condor 40. I didnt want it here but it was what I had open when I added the thread.....odd.....

lets just call it misdirection.....wink

08/01/2013 09:49:16

smiley

Thanks chaps.

Why has it been bugging me?...... Because I like planes of this era, I kind of recognised it but couldn't put my finger on it and probably because that's just the way my head works...

smiley

07/01/2013 22:55:56

Hi to any West Wing fans out there,

this has been driving me bonkers for months....

Anyone know what the aeroplane (sorry, airplane) is in the opening title sequence just before Janel Maloneys name appears? It's American and, so far as I can see a naval aircraft of the 70's ish I guess.

anyone able to put me out of my misery?

thanks

Tony

Thread: High wing twin
11/12/2012 22:33:45

Thanks chaps. Got to be worth investigating. smiley

11/12/2012 12:38:01

Having finally succeeded in getting all my FPV kit in working order I'm looking for a plane into which I can fit my growing weight of equipment.

The ideal plane for me would be a large electric high wing twin motor with plenty of lifting capacity and most importantly enough space in the easy access fuselage to carry all the batteries and electronics without me having to sit on the hatch to close it!!

Any ideas?

Thread: Gloster G40 RBC Kits
24/09/2012 12:37:45

Hi Christian,

strange coincidence you asking but after a year of inactivity I actually got around to painting the fuselage last week. I'm away now for two weeks so no progress until I return but all that's left is to finish the painting ( I really hate that bit and wish I could submit out!) then fit a launching hook and it'll be done.

its quite heavy with the 8s set up and 2s x4 battery set-up so I reckon without flaps this will come in very very hot!!surprise

Are you building one?

T

Thread: Multiplex prices
11/08/2012 16:56:42

Just been told that Multiplex are about to hike all their prices. A good example is the Easystar 2 RR which is going from c £130 to c £170 !! Apparently it's a hike across the board so if you were thinking of buying anything Mpx then now might be the time....

Thread: BH Chipmunk
11/08/2012 13:49:36

Thanks chaps.

I see some keyhole surgery on the cards for the weekend!

crook

11/08/2012 08:29:23

One of the problems with buying an ARTF is that you don't know how the thing was constructed and I have a small problem with my 64" Chippy.

after hitting a rather bad bump on the runway my fixed undercarriage now swings backwards about two inches at the wheel.

I'd rather not start chopping into the wing but I think it be unavoidable. I had thought of pouring thin cyano into the u/c wire hole to solidify the wood then putting lots of epoxy down before returning th u/c.

Not sure though. Anyone taken the wing apart on one of tese? Can you describe the u/c block?

thanks

tony

Thread: And you thought the gyro was quite a clever piece of kitů.!
01/08/2012 18:50:02

Also check out the links to 3D printed plane and other techie ideas such as the single rotor helicopter!

01/08/2012 18:42:55

**LINK**

I thought you might be interested in this little bit of technology. First 2.4 then FPV, telemetry but in the future........

Thread: Paint recommendations please
28/07/2012 10:06:17

Thanks Andy and Bob,

I'll have a dig around and see what looks the best / most economical solution.

T

Thread: Seized strimmer engine
27/07/2012 22:40:56

Pain in the bum but I mixed up some 1:50 thinking the new bottle of oil was fully synthetic and it turned out it was mineral oil and should have been 1:25. Guess how I found out the mix was wrong...crying 2

Anyone think it's going to be worth trying to take it apart or should I throw the solid lump in the nearest skip...?

Thread: If your wife/husband or other was a plane?
27/07/2012 22:38:00

Think mine would be a Piper Cub or a Chippy or similar. Nice and simple, reliable, good looking in a friendly and familiar sort of way....smiley

Thread: The Olympics
27/07/2012 22:33:26

Turby,

It's because french is the international language of diplomacy. Slowly being superseded by english but it's still the recognised first language in most international situations...

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us