By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for TonyS

Here is a list of all the postings TonyS has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Battery chargers
08/06/2009 19:51:49
Hi Phil,
I'm the little leprechaun in the corner riding the small purple giraffe!
Thanks for the help. I've just been on the Aeroshack site and ordered an octopus charge lead - overkill but I don't want to be found wanting next time I need to charge a battery!
I'll read up on the battery bits.
I've just worked out what 'C' means and thanks to Timbos bit I now have an idea what the Delta V is.
I don't know about sanding sealer but all this is making my head spin...
Cheers.
08/06/2009 19:42:45
And here was me wanting to make and fly planes and now I've got to be an electrician too.  I'm pretty good with balsa and glue though.
There must be a market for someone to come up with an idiots guide to batteries, leads, chargers etc etc....  I still have no idea why you would need to put the voltage in as a parameter when you're discharging a battery - surely you want it  nearly empty (The clue for me was in the word discharge) ? (I realise you don't with LiPO's because it wrecks them).
Ho hum.
It's a good job you're around otherwise I think I would have thrown the charger through the window. £70 and I still can't charge my batteries!!
08/06/2009 19:34:02
oooops,
Hi Timbo,
me again....and you were quite right...
Just read the manual which says I may need to buy an adapter - why not supply one with the charger as I can't imagine any aicraft receiver packs etc come fitted with banana jack plugs ! This is madness and pretty disappointing... I mean they supply all manner of LiPo balance charger connectors..

08/06/2009 19:28:42
Hi Timbo,
IThanks for the warm welcome.
I know this sounds daft but how can I connest the little plastic plug on the batteries to the main banana outlets? Is there some kind of adapter?

08/06/2009 19:01:14
Hi Everyone,
(First post as a new member...)

I've recently returned to model building after a 20 some year break. Bought and built a kit and now have to get into the confusing world of chargers.
I've two battery packs - one is a NiMH pack (green with Sakura Ni-MH AA 1400mAh  9.6V written on it) and is for powering a small electric motor. The second is a NiCad pack (Lilac with Overlander 800mAh  - charge 80 mAh for 14 hours on it).
I bought a Fusion Elysium LX60B Pro charger thinking this would cover all my charging needs (inc LiPo) mainly because it takes 240V AC input as well as 12VDC and has a pretty comprehensive suite of balance charge connectors.
Now for the dim bit......
The instructions assume some knowledge that I don't have. When I finally found the JST-EHR socket and plugged in the battery it started asking for all kinds of info I don't have e.g. Discharge ampage and voltage ? Charge ampage ? Delta peak  in mV per cell ? !! Is there some idiots guide that I can turn to ....pleeeeese....
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
CADMA
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us