By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for kc

Here is a list of all the postings kc has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Introduction and Engines query
30/09/2020 09:15:11

Note that the original OS 40 FP benefits from a large diameter prop such as 11 x7 as it won't rev but does much the same revs on an 11 x 7 as on a 10 x 6 ( see engine tests of the time it was first sold) Later OS40FP had different piston and liner I think so it may not apply to them but worth a try.

So when you need more power try an 11 x7 - if the u/c gives enough clearance for the prop

Thread: Enya SS40.....fuel
29/09/2020 14:00:09

I dont agree about the comment " they were no ball of fire" I found my 2 Enya 40SS plain bearing were up around the same power as OS40 ball bearing engines. That is to say much more powerful than OS 40 FP. The Enya 30SS plain bearing was as powerful as the average 40 too. And the plain bearing Enyas last forever!

I always used straight castor - no nitro. Still running OK last time I used them before I switched to electric. I won't sell them but would sell the OS though.

Thread: What folding prop
24/09/2020 16:24:20

A 3.175 prop adaptor might seem as though it clamps onto a 3mm shaft but it won't hold and will not stop the prop flying off dangerously.

Lets hope the motor ordered has a shaft that suits the prop adaptor.

Thread: Return of the SMA
24/09/2020 13:58:05

The Ohmen pullout plan from RCME actually measures 47.5 inches, so you would need to build a clipped wing version to get to 45........ Maybe leave off the wing tips?

Thread: Ofcom trace interference to a lightbulb
24/09/2020 13:33:46

That 'vintage' lightbulb might have been a modern one made to look vintage! But ES bulbs were common back in the 1950.s and 60's - they were used in things such as photoflood lights, photographic enlargers & projectors. Probably used in industrial stuff too where more accurate location of the bulb was needed . Lots of items now use ES bulbs if they come from places like Ikea etc.

Thread: Glues
23/09/2020 17:13:38

Well nobody has replied yet! Somebody here must have a view about this glue surely.......

Thread: Return of the SMA
22/09/2020 17:42:58

It seems to me that the original idea of the SMA was small models you built yourself and that ARTF foam models would not therefore be in the spirit of the thing in 2021. Or am I wrong?

What would Graunchet have said?

22/09/2020 17:11:17

I recall the SMA stand at Plumpton which was non manned by non members! Had a logo of a magnifying glass viewing a tiny model if my memory is non incorrect.

A keen non member of the SMA and perhaps founder non member was journalist Roland Graunchet who used the details of the non members endlessly in the back pages of Radio Modeller. I don't think anybody actually admitted to being Roland Graunchet but there were the usual suspects suggested.

Thread: Rans S-9 Chaos. Peter Miller's new design blog
22/09/2020 16:15:12

The plan is a free plan in the October 2020 RCME. Subscribers have the issue now so probably in the newsagents next week. Much cheaper to buy the RCME than to buy the plan alone later!

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
20/09/2020 19:28:54

What attitudes are you referring to? Is there something wrong with building your own models from balsa?

Thread: Spektrum Tx and Rx compatability, or binding trouble
19/09/2020 11:45:15

In the long run buying an AR620 ( at about 33 pounds ) will prove a better buy as you can then use it for models that need 6 channels. The advice is always buy Spektrum from a reliable source as there are some fake Spektrum Rx sold online cheaply.

19/09/2020 11:06:28

Transmitters imported before the crucial date are legal to use.

Note that the DX6i came in 3 types - DSM2 only, DSM2 and DSMX, and later DSMX only. So you would need to know which model if you did decide to go that route. ( DSMX have an X on the case and might or might not be DSM2 as well depending on when imported )

AR 410 is excellent with internal aerial instead of outside but it it's only 4 channel. Good for some models but not as versatile. If you will need separate aileron servos, retracts, flaps etc then buy a 6 channel.

19/09/2020 08:57:32

DSM2 transmitters have not been allowed to be imported into UK or any EC country for about 3 years now. So any modern Spektrum TRANSMITTERS will be DSMX only.  Modern Spektrum RECEIVERS will be both DSM2 and DSMX but older ones may not.

Edited By kc on 19/09/2020 08:59:27

Thread: DX6 Battery Drain
17/09/2020 10:26:22

Lots of models of DX6...

DX6 DSM2

DX6i DSM2

DX6i DSM2 & DSMX

DX6I DSMXonly

DX6 black case with built in wireless buddy system and more memories

why they didnt give each model another number is a mystery....

Thread: Old Warden.....URGENT!
16/09/2020 19:12:24

Nobody has commented since 11 am so it's better to give this a chance to be seen by more people........

16/09/2020 09:19:08

Does this mean we cannot just turn up on the day if we decide to go at the last minute?

Or will it be possible to just register before leaving home on Saturday / Sunday?

Edited By kc on 16/09/2020 09:23:11

Thread: Nearly that time of year again... AGMs
14/09/2020 10:37:10

Anybody else actually have experience of a Zoom AGM with over 25 members?

Thread: Building board
13/09/2020 12:05:41

Plasterboard is the thing. Several loose pieces that just suit the job in hand - some larger for wings and several smaller for tailplanes or very small models. Cna be moved to one side to get on with another item.

Thread: Newbie from Newton Abbot, Devon
12/09/2020 19:15:24

Welcome to the forum Brian.

The Lazy Bee plan and instructions are on Outerzone together with other variations of the design and of course loads of other plans too.

Whether the Lazy Bee is the best model to learn to fly on is another thing. Could be better to start with a kit such as Coyote from SLEC

or any of the recognised plan built trainer models.

Thread: Nearly that time of year again... AGMs
12/09/2020 18:54:14

My club has suggested we use Zoom to conduct the AGM. On the face of it a good idea but I wonder if the Chairman will be able to cope with around 30 members all talking at once! My view would be that e-mail would be better for proposing new rules and election of officers and just use Zoom as a formality to present reports & thank the officers for their work etc.

Anybody actually had an AGM on Zoom? ( probably for some other type of club at this early time)

Edited By kc on 12/09/2020 18:58:11

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!