By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Any BT or similar engineers out there
18/01/2019 14:09:35

Hi Peter, it worked !!!! Plus net have agreed to connect us up Mon. They would have done it on next day but they do not work w/e. Cheers

18/01/2019 13:35:38

Hi Peter. the last line of your post says it all. We went for them partly due to thier positive to adverts. Lol. The positive side of this is that there seems to be good news re their reliability when up and running. Cheers

18/01/2019 11:49:28

At last we have the phone line reconnected. Plus net informed us that bb will be up and running in 7 days time. We have told them that after waiting 10 weeks from original request for bb this is not acceptable. Cheers

16/01/2019 16:47:18

Hi Peter, polite but strong email sent to CEO of Plusnet today. I agree ranting and raving will get you nowhere. Problem is that it is Openreach/BT seem to be causing the delay, and all we wanted was a phone line re connected.Thanks for your reply. Cheers

16/01/2019 12:46:41

Update, as Rich too said above BT/Openreach are a joke. After waiting another 10days, they sent an engineer 35 miles to the house this morning. He told my daughter he had found the fault, but did not have the tools to do the job and left. She may have someone to do it today. Any bets lads. Cheers. As. I said before this now will be the eighth visit and we are into third month.

Thread: Flying Aces Sportster
14/01/2019 23:06:25

Apologies for late reply lads. Caveman thanks for the offer , but I will take up Piers offer. Reason is that if you do decide to build this model you will still have the files, and I have a copy of the plans if needed for you. Thanks. Piers.will send you pm Sorry for bold print, old iPad playing up. Thanks Ian, found out the hard way re balsa spacer lol Sorted now Cheers all.

10/01/2019 17:18:04

Thanks KC, thread and pics. very useful indeed. Had a bit of bother with the wings, now sorted, so prepared for a bit more work when I start on the fus lol. The model in the thread was electric and I must say the lines looked very clean without a lump of metal in the front, but it was designed for a 32four stroke . Cheers

10/01/2019 12:07:54

Thanks for the tip Piers. You are correct re the plan, but with the help of people like you and other forumites I am progressing slowly. Cheers

10/01/2019 09:21:31

Hi KC. You are correct, I can now see things as the build progresses. I have built numerous models from plans, but this one is a challenge only because of issues on the plan lol. Ian I do not have the article but will try Sarick  today. Thanks both.

Edited By fly boy3 on 10/01/2019 09:24:32

Thread: Priory Models Silhouette
09/01/2019 19:35:05

Lovely looking model , I was told years ago it's a slippery ship. Just some info. Cheers. Do they have a web site ?

09/01/2019 17:28:31

Update, unbelievable, we have had an email which they are now grovelling and blaming some random number generator for the cock up. All previous negotiations are null and void and a new application is to be used, and a date set for Jan 16. This will take us into the third month and seven attempts to re connect my phone line. Bob Burton give me the link to BT CEO, I have a good mind to forward the email to him. Cheers,  got to laugh or we will cry lol. We have also ben told that when (ha ha) we get connected our number will be  ...... and this turns out to be a code of an exchange in another town 20 miles away.   Words fail me.

Edited By fly boy3 on 09/01/2019 17:40:50

09/01/2019 08:55:59

Hi Piers, I am about to cut free the ailerons, but the plan does not show that the ribs need facing. After cutting the smaller riblets will need facing with a tapered piece of balsa as well. Can you confirm this please. Cheers ps what with laminated wings tips this build has been a challenge for me. Cheers

08/01/2019 23:01:47

Thanks Martin.,I have seen their wagons around here for a while. Cheers

08/01/2019 22:06:27

Hi all, wondered if any one has built this model from plan, and run into problems. I have a problem and I think it has beaten me. Cheers

08/01/2019 16:54:32

Hi all, all we wanted to have done is fit new socket (done on first visit) and re connect the disconnected phone line. The third visit seemed to be a third party, not BT or Openreach! Hi Martin I can assure you that all will be done in a gentlemanly fashion.lol. Fingers crossed. Cheers ps I think the 3rd party was called Kelly Communications.

Edited By fly boy3 on 08/01/2019 16:57:55

08/01/2019 11:30:53

Update. Eng to attend tomorrow, Wed. As this will be the sixth attempt we are not holding our breath lol. Cheers

08/01/2019 11:11:01

Hi Mark, it seems to be a communication problem between plus net and Open reach. We have had 4 lads turning up with various excuses, but have nor explaned a thing to us. We have been promised a £75 voucher plus a free month ,but we would like to be connected. Thanks Bob for ceo link, could be next move. Cheers

07/01/2019 20:48:02

Think you are right Nigel, what a shower lol. Cheers

07/01/2019 13:56:29

Thanks lads. I think the problem is whoever bb you sign up to it is Openreach that does the work, and I am assume ing they have a monopoly. Ps there is no fibre in her area at the moment.  Just wondered how much work is involved.  Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 07/01/2019 13:58:29

07/01/2019 13:11:26

Hi all, I am attempting to get my daughters land line re connected to enable her to have broad band. The firms in volved are Plusnet and Openreach. It was disconnected years ago when she started using a mobile. Hard to believe but after 5 attempts she still has no connection. Can any one tell me what physical work is involved in re connection. Is it only a switch in PO sub station ? The firms involved are blaming each other. I have paid plusnet £74 six weeks ago for the re connection and have been waiting seven weeks in all !!! Bad show. Could be my fault for picking cheapest option.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
CML
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Revoc
Airtek Hobbies
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us