By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Receiver question
20/10/2019 17:22:52

Thanks Chris and Allan for the info,quite interesting indeed. Hi Allan, I have very many years of flying in rc Sometimes I get a thought in my mind,and Ineed an explanation if possible lol. Thanks.

19/10/2019 18:00:56

Thanks for the info. Geoff, I thought as much. As an extra question, does the Xc just put a voltage on the servo, or is the signal a bit more complicated ? Cheers

18/10/2019 22:28:01

Just a thought. I need to replace an Xc with another of a different make. 35Mhz. Can I be sure all servos will move in same direction as with the original reciever. Is the signal to the servo just a voltage ? Thanks

Thread: Trouble contacting Laser engines
11/10/2019 20:54:54

Thanks for the info Martin, I,m behind the times as usual. Cheers

11/10/2019 20:09:32

Hi Jon, wonder if MrTidy reads this thread. If not perhaps he can be shown it. Enjoy the rest of your hols, best wishes to your mum. Cheers

Thread: Shedly Protection
10/10/2019 22:07:50

Sorry cannot form a link on my iPad, but if you Google Creosotesales, you may get some info. Cheers

10/10/2019 22:07:49

Sorry cannot form a link on my iPad, but if you Google Creosotesales, you may get some info. Cheers

Thread: Crashed my Spitfire now i will repair it
30/09/2019 23:37:49

Great re build Steve. It's a fact, models fly better after repairs lol. Cheers

Thread: Take off problems
30/09/2019 18:46:20

Hi,most tail draggers yaw to the left on take off easily cured by right rudder. I had a model that had exessive left yaw. I put this question to the forum many years ago for an answer. It turned out that due to use, my 8 swg piano wire u/c legs had bent backwards by half inch from original position on plan. Moved forward to right position underneath l/e of wing sorted out the problem. Why ? Pass lol. Worked for me. Cheers

29/09/2019 16:08:17

Nice one Stephen, as the old saying goes " if you can build em, you can repair them" and you have done a first class job on it I must say. Cheers. " modelling at its best"

Edited By fly boy3 on 29/09/2019 16:09:05

Thread: indestructible slow flyer....
28/09/2019 19:19:10

Hi Paul, yes you can have light models to fly slow, but a few years ago a flier flew a glider (soarer) using the dynamic soaring method at over 540 mph lol. Check it out on you tube. Other forum members more up on your subject will probably have a lot to say re your questions. Cheers

Thread: A newbie trying to save some money
28/09/2019 18:49:09

Hi Chris, re mode 1 and mode 2. As a club we have been historically mode 1, a few members have joined and fly mode 2, no probs. The problem arises when a newby arrives all stocked up with mode 2 stuff wanting to learn how to fly, and perhaps the only mode 2 guy is not at the field. I think at the moment we are over 90% mode 1, so he would definitely have a better chance of getting time on the sticks if he decided to go with the majority mode of the club he joins. Cheers ps, kc,s comment also brings another problem to light that I had not realised.

Edited By fly boy3 on 28/09/2019 18:51:38

Thread: Buying cheap new or (slightly) cheaper s/h?
27/09/2019 12:27:04

I second Piers on that. Cheers

27/09/2019 12:11:01

Hi Fox fan, it can be done. Been flying for 30 years bought only 2 Tx.s. I still fly on 35mhz as its pointless buying 2.4ghs. Xcs, and a Dx6i with Orange gear. Club members have vastly more expensive gear, but the flying enjoyment is the same. LoL. Cheers

27/09/2019 10:32:32

Hi Foxfan, you can drive a Rolls or a Fiesta, at the end of the day they both do the same thing, gets you from A to B lol. The choice is ours. I am with you, I run my hobby on a shoe string, so I do not have to stint on family. Re your question on TurnigyTx and Orange recievers, best bet is to get on Hobby King chat line, they are very helpful. Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 27/09/2019 10:34:10

Thread: TN Concorde
26/09/2019 18:58:47

Hi dad_flier,

It certainly puts me off until I think I won't break it first flight. But then, most of the expensive bits would probably survive. I doubt if any part will survive on our concrete runway. LoL

25/09/2019 10:37:24

A very nice flier Stephen, and well flown and in my opinion not quite scale lol. Did you ever find the cause of the crash ? I could well be wrong here, but could it have been a high speed stall or possibly run out of fuel ? Cheers

Thread: KK Pixie with my landing tips
21/09/2019 16:04:51

Hi Cliff, landing tips yes we always need them. I too use the correct height idea on the downwind leg and make it a long one to enable the correct stick movements on the decending into wind turn. I was taught the secret of a good landing is a good approach. Cheers

Thread: What kit
21/09/2019 11:15:12

Hi all, years ago I built a model called Twin Boom, designed by much missed Tom Wright. This was a model to learn as much as possible the black art of electrics. It was a great flier. I want to move on now to use the power train on a conventional vintage model. There's are no details on the motor for a start. The model was around 41/2 lbs in weight' 12 x6 prop and a 60 amp esc. Any suggestions as to what model I can put this gear into ? Thanks

Thread: 2019 Loch Insh Splash In
21/09/2019 10:33:25

Hi Marc, yes you can be sure that someone in the club or even fellow clubs will read this thread. Modellers on the whole are a friendly bunch, but take it from me Scottish folk are extra friendly, and no doubt would have made you and your wife very welcome. It's all to do with the water they drink up there, they call it whiskey I think lol. Cheers. ps I am Welsh with Scottish relatives so I know. Great pics by the way.

Edited By fly boy3 on 21/09/2019 10:35:58

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us