By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ben Buckle kits.
27/11/2020 17:12:24

Re the Junior 60 being used as a trainer. Years ago a gent in his sixties asked if he could fly on our site during a few days holidays. He turned up with a Junior 60 really looking worst for wear. His flying was good, but his take offs and landings were interesting. Apparently he had taught himself to fly with this model. Model on ground, throttle wide open t/o in a few feet. Landing in to wind was just throttle off, and model would land itself lol. Says a lot for this venerable old model.

Thread: Covering - how long does it take you?
26/11/2020 22:15:31

It has to be done. The more you do the better the finished article, and we do get it done a little quicker.

Thread: Super Scorpion
17/11/2020 17:25:35

Hi WW, I bought a second hand SS many years ago powered by MDS32 motor. The most enjoayable model I have flown. If you can wait, and I'd the rain stops I will put the wings on and measure it for you, unless you get a drawing spec. If you need tips on flying model please ask. These old timers need a different technique when taking off, otherwise the SS is a dream Summer flier.

Thread: Thrust line
16/11/2020 22:31:10

Thanks both, I did expect the answer would be beyond me any way. Thanks for book tip Peter will check it out.

16/11/2020 20:31:17

Hi all, I can understand and used side thrust and down thrust when building models. I have read about the position of the motor being above and rarely below this line in the vertical plane. Is it a fact this thrust line passes through the c/l of the wings or is it a design feature on the plan ? Is the centre line of the fus. a near enough substitute for design thrust line. In practice most of our fire walls are about the same size as our engine mounts so there is not a lot of room for vertical positioning. Thanks

Thread: Lone flying during Lockdown
07/11/2020 11:25:42

Also lone fishing is allowed in. England and Wales.

Thread: Microaces Airco DH2 Flying in the Park
07/11/2020 00:35:52

Nice video Cliff, also good piloting skills with such a tiny model. Your eyesight must like an eagle lol. Cheers

Thread: Modern domestic heating thermostats
28/10/2020 15:39:19

Thanks EB, what a relief. The Internet and this forum especially is wonderful. After all we are fliers lol. I have been flying for over 32 years and still am exept for Covid regulations. Take care and may your landings be like a butterfly with bad feet. FB3

28/10/2020 15:18:48

Early Bird and all the others who are helping this old gent, thank you very much. Due to lock down this help to another is hard as I cannot leave the house lol.I would like to sum up in laymans terms.

1, The thermostat is set for required temp. Then leave well alone.

2, The system is programmed to 2,on/off per day.

3, If I need to put heating on during an off period, could I use button No 5 (advance) on programmer ?

4, If I use button 5 will programmer revert to original setting next time ?

Thanks all for putting up with these daft questions as you are my only hope lol.

27/10/2020 21:53:21

Hi lads, the plumber did not tell the little old lady I am trying to help that the system was even timed twice as you say.Yes Early Bird that's the one. The sticking point is the wall mounted thermostat. This is reading 23C. So this is the room temp ? If during off period 8 30 to 16 30 can you put the heating back on using thermostat ? Thanks

27/10/2020 15:54:59

Thanks for all your input lads I appreciate it. Wondered if there is any one out there conversant with the Worcester boilers, and the Greenstar Comfort 1rf thermostat (wall mounted). Cheers and keep safe.

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
26/10/2020 12:51:38

I am very interested in this one Graham, are you going to do a blog ? Is foam board similar to Depron.

Thread: Get it off your chest.
24/10/2020 15:26:26

I,m with Jonathan M on this one. I,m loving this thread lol.

Thread: Modern domestic heating thermostats
24/10/2020 11:45:10

Thanks for all replies lads. I may be wrong here, but I am told some plumbers use electricians to wire up boiler and accessories. The plumber in this case may not be the correct man to make enquiries regarding programmers ?

22/10/2020 22:04:17

Hi all, new boiler fitted plus wireless remote thermostat and progammer. Ok, on /off easy, but trying to set it for timed settings are very difficult even with the manual. Do you think these are over complicated for the general public, or is it old age setting in lol.

Thread: Contrails
15/10/2020 17:28:15

Today I saw odd shaped (to me) contrails. Beautiful blue sky with contrails at a perfect 90 degrees shape. Wondered what sort of info was recieved by pilot to achieve such a drastic looking change of direction ? Or is this quite normal.

Edited By fly boy3 on 15/10/2020 17:29:34

Thread: Unfairly vilified engines.
13/10/2020 23:03:29

Strange to say I have an MDS 32 powering my Senior Scorpion. Starts faultlessly every time. Never cut on me. When in the air it is so quiet that I have been asked if it electric lol. I was informed by our resident engine guru,that an MDS smaller than a 40 is fine. After a 40 there was a different carb. fitted that was inclined to give trouble. True or not, or was I a lucky one. Cheers

Thread: What applications would I need on a lap top?
13/10/2020 12:34:45

Another one for Libre Office.

Thread: New scam alert!
12/10/2020 22:54:19

Can you explain again how to check senders email address ? Thanks.

Thread: Smoke & Heat alarms query
12/10/2020 22:37:09

Sorry John, carbon monoxide I meant. My apologies.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!