By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
29/11/2019 12:55:52

I have a B cert. Next week I will pay at my AGM, club fees, bmfa fees, and £9 registration. Will I have to wait until club treasurer sends off monies to bmfa to be forwarded to CAA, to get my operator number in order for me to fly ? Thanks

Edited By fly boy3 on 29/11/2019 12:57:54

24/11/2019 12:04:20

Please enlighten an OAP flier. Is it correct that the £9 can be paid together with bmfa subs ? Does the club then have to pass it on to CAA or does the bmfa do it. Thank you.

Thread: Scam or what ?
23/11/2019 10:37:58

Just received a text from my broad band provider TalkTalk that a parcel I ordered is on its way and please give my address and post code to the driver using his mobile number. Never ordered a thing, and T/T has never had my mob. number. Is this a scam ? Cheers

Thread: Ano,s and Caps
21/11/2019 16:37:10

Thanks John for the interesting info. Alan, yes you are right, but again what is a Notam ? Cheers

21/11/2019 15:08:36

Hi all,although relating to full size aviation, as a model flier I need some explanation please. Anos, which one is currently in operation, and do they change annually. Showing my ignorance again, what is a Cap. Are Ano,s automatically forwarded to full size pilots ? Thanks

21/11/2019 11:24:41

Just a thought. I am wondering if the test and the £9 is just the final reason to give up the hobby. Is it possible that the op has many more reasons, age, sickness, failing eye sight, transport problems etc, that they were on the brink of giving up this great hobby anyway by no fault of their own ? Cheers

Thread: Maricardo build
10/11/2019 23:24:32

Pity about crash Dave. It happens to all in this hobby. You made a superb job of the covering and a great colour and scheme too. Cheers

10/11/2019 16:41:58

Paul Strawsan has modified the plan, reduced dihedral etc. You may have the original plan. Google Maricardo model plane updates, there is an exellent article my Alex Whittekar, and a list of alterations by Paul. Great flier , well designed. Cheers

06/11/2019 16:15:26

Thanks for the info Dick, as a golden oldie, have i got it right. If I have A, B orC I am exempt from the test. If I belong to one of the associations like bmfa, I do not have to apply for operator certification. Do I have to register for pilot cert.? Cheers

Thread: Looking for a 1930s low wing racer plan
06/11/2019 11:36:31

Eflightray, that a lovelely looking model, does she fly well ? Cheers

Thread: Gas engineers
05/11/2019 17:20:47

Hi all, loved reading about all your experiences and stories regarding house hold heating. Never believed that such a mundane subject could be so entertaining. Thanks. i12fly is the engineer I was looking for. You diagnosed it, No1 on your list, the flame was very weak and yellow, and was the first thing he sorted during his service, Also adjustments made led to a much brighter spark on ignition. Thanks for you help, and I have saved your list for when it will be needed. Cheers

04/11/2019 15:09:07

Hi all, I have a heating boiler of 25year plus. (Thorn Emi Olympic 30/50B). When the wind blows pilot light out perhaps once may be twice a year, I am unable to light it again using the appropriate and safe method. My plumber has to visit to get it lit. He always re minds me I should get a new boiler, I do not agree, as boiler is fine bar the manual ignition system. Would there possibly be spares still out there, or an alternative. Main reason for not wanting to spend £2000 + on a new boiler is my age lol. Cheers ps my boiler is older than my plumber

Edited By fly boy3 on 04/11/2019 15:12:32

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019.
02/11/2019 17:27:16

Love it John, Cheers

02/11/2019 17:10:50

I am afraid it is not petulance or childish actions re silver medals saga, it's arrogance. This is why I,m sure the rivalry in the six nations is all about. It began with Haka challenge, before the NZ game. One player even refused to move back when asked by the referee ! England are a top world class rugby nation, they should not have to lower themselves to this nonsense. Cheers, gets ww2 helmet from shed.

Thread: New to model flying but not new to RC
01/11/2019 22:07:42

I agree with Andy here, the online test can be taken with all the answers at your side really, which seems a farce, and the £9 is a very small price to pay extra. If you really want to learn to fly , and enjoy this wonderful hobby give it a go, I am sure you will be hooked. If you want to learn to drive a car, you have to pass a theory and a driving test, when you pass you will be overjoyed, but you still had to pay good money to achieve this result. Our hobby is so enjoyable, I can see why Andy is asking you to percevere. Cheers and good luck.

Thread: Receiver question
20/10/2019 17:22:52

Thanks Chris and Allan for the info,quite interesting indeed. Hi Allan, I have very many years of flying in rc Sometimes I get a thought in my mind,and Ineed an explanation if possible lol. Thanks.

19/10/2019 18:00:56

Thanks for the info. Geoff, I thought as much. As an extra question, does the Xc just put a voltage on the servo, or is the signal a bit more complicated ? Cheers

18/10/2019 22:28:01

Just a thought. I need to replace an Xc with another of a different make. 35Mhz. Can I be sure all servos will move in same direction as with the original reciever. Is the signal to the servo just a voltage ? Thanks

Thread: Trouble contacting Laser engines
11/10/2019 20:54:54

Thanks for the info Martin, I,m behind the times as usual. Cheers

11/10/2019 20:09:32

Hi Jon, wonder if MrTidy reads this thread. If not perhaps he can be shown it. Enjoy the rest of your hols, best wishes to your mum. Cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us