By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: HobbyKing Bixler v2 setup
14/01/2020 07:24:21

Hi, can you explain what the "dual wing servo mode " mentioned by the OP actually does ? Tony,I too can be dim as I am just getting started with 2.4ghz lol. Cheers

Thread: AR 410 Spektrum reciever
12/01/2020 15:59:14

Thanks Den. Cheers

12/01/2020 15:05:08

I have connected the servos,and there I'd a slight anomaly to quoted pin connections. Instead of 1,2,3,4 T,E,A,R. I have 1,2,3,4. TAER. IS this ok ? My Tx is mode 1. Cheers

11/01/2020 21:44:48

Thanks Dennis. Sorry for bad spelling "tongues". lol

11/01/2020 20:41:30

Easily bound following your instructions. As I am using Futaba servos, it looks like I have to remove the toungs on the servo plugs as they will not fit the Spektrum Xr. Is this normal practice or is there a work around ? Thanks

11/01/2020 11:04:11

Thanks Denis, a lot to take in at my age, but I,m getting there lol. Cheers all.

10/01/2020 20:12:25

Thanks guys I think I have got it lol. It asks to rebind to the model as well, to set the fail safe. Is this done once only or every model ? Cheers

10/01/2020 17:30:14

I need some more info on this Xr please. No info on pin connectors in package. Ok,it says batt, then 1 data, 2,3,4. I assume these are as my old Fut. Xr, ail.ele,throttle, rudder. Also no info as how to bind, just says it has a bind button. As this is my first ever 2.4ghz job, I would like to know how to bind. Is it similar to bind plug operation as per manual ? Thanks

09/01/2020 16:24:08

Cheers Don, that would have caught me out I,m sure. Thanks

09/01/2020 15:38:21

Thanks all again, I am now a happy bunny. All I need to do now is to get my head around Spektrum programming with its two sections ie "set up" and "adjust"lists. Always been a Futaba man, but pension restraints did not allow me to buy Futaba 2.4 ghz radio. Cheers

09/01/2020 13:36:08

Thanks all for the info. For Denis, yes it has a large X positioned bottom r/h of screen. The Tx was bought 4years ago but never used. On the manual it states DMXS. Apologies for seemingly daft questions, but I still use 35mhz, and after thirty years of flying with this marvellous system I have decided to give 2.4ghz a go lol. Cheers

09/01/2020 12:01:29

Hi all, I have purchased the above Xr from a well known on line supplier. I want to use it in my DX6i tranny. As the Xr is a modern one, and my Xt is relatively old, the supplier said, when asked re compatability that he was 99.9% certain that it would be fine. Can any one confirm this. Thanks

Thread: Lightweight foam pilots, any suppliers?
07/01/2020 20:46:16

Hi Martin, I have always obtained my pilots from Slec. They used to supply many different types as well sizes and gender. Not foam, but very light indeed. Cheers

Thread: Uploading pics. to album
05/01/2020 21:02:44

Test using laptop windows 10 instead of ipad. Flying Aces Sportster it works!!!! this is not my model or picture, so if I have broken any rules, mods feel free to delete. Hope my covering is as good as this. One up for the mods lol. Cheersimage.jpeg

05/01/2020 14:13:51

Thanks Cymaz, I only use thejpeg format, and have had no problems over the years until recently. I have taken a screenshot of the offending screen picture, but then It will not let me put it into an album so as I can upload to forum to show problem. Is it possible for the mods to look at my albums in any way ? Cheers, and thanks for your kind words.

04/01/2020 13:29:12

Thanks both for your help. I still have a small problem as I am using iPad. When I get into the page where my albums are, it is more or less "grayed" out with adverts and when clicking on any album nothing happens. May have to try my laptop. Cheers

03/01/2020 12:19:04

Hi all , can anyone tell me where I can find the information to enter pics to album and then upload to forum. Old age does not come alone lol. Cheers

Thread: Lost mojo
02/01/2020 23:24:24

Hi all, thank you for all the help you have given to me in this thread, and I have saved it all, as it will be read and re read many times in the future. The info has been given from the heart as it seems you have all been through it, and managed it in many different ways. My apologies if I have upset anyone by bringing back precious but emotional memories. It has given me the kick start I needed, and I have actually made a start on the covering. As mentioned a little at a time, so I have given myself four months to complete covering to coincide with a special birthday. The model is called Flying Aces Sportster. If I can remember how to load pics I can show you the naked model. Thank you all my friends. FB3

31/12/2019 16:59:49

Due to a devastating bereavement, I cannot make a start on covering my latest model. Any tips on regaining my mojo. The worst part of this is that I promised my late wife that I would complete and rename the model in my her honour. I love building and have completed many many Winter builds. I,m trying hard but I just need a kick start. Cheers

Thread: Maricardo - tank size
30/12/2019 07:47:27

Hi Jerry, great flier, and a good looking model. Without checking, I believe I am using a Slec yellow tank with my 52 4stroke. Will check later and report if I got it wrong. Cheers. 2004, got to be a record lol. ps, if started in 2004 it must be the original plan, not the updated one.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us