By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fly boy3

Here is a list of all the postings fly boy3 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The demise of. ASP/SC
07/07/2019 18:58:10

I must be a lucky one too. Bought a venerable Super scorpion (built in th 70s) for a song. It had an MDS 32 up front. Starts first time Summer or Winter. Never cut on me, and it's so quiet people think it's electric lol. Club ic expert tells me it the larger size carbs that give the most trouble. Cheers

Thread: Good news thread.
19/06/2019 17:55:11

A friend of mine knowing I am on medication sent me a birthday card wich said "have a drink on me". Inside was a tea bag lol. Cheers and thanks for the birthday greetings.

18/06/2019 21:03:05

I am 81 today, the good news is that I am half hour younger than my twin brother lol. Cheers

Thread: IT help required please
15/05/2019 22:11:01

ThanksPatmc, will do.

15/05/2019 22:11:00

ThanksPatmc, will do.

15/05/2019 17:35:01

Thanks all for your suggestions, as it happens slots all checked out ok, and in process of having drivers updated by a helpful ( as all you have been too) friend. Cheers

15/05/2019 10:02:32

Thanks Jon, and Wingman, have not tried either suggestions, but will do so. Forgot the mantra " try the simple things first " lol. Will keep in touch. Cheers

14/05/2019 19:00:50

Whoa, thanks for prompt replies. The faulty laptop is a Acer on Windows 7, the laptop that showed all the pics. is a Toshiba on Windows 10. Two slots on the Acer were tried but failed. As suggested we opened "my computer" but it failed to recognise the card, and no F drive showed up. Thanks

14/05/2019 16:30:24

Hi all, my friend inserted his camera card into his lap top and nothing at all showed up. We put it into another laptop and all pics showed up. We were informed it could be a graphics card, or graphics driver. Is it possible to determine which one of these it is. Thanks

Thread: CAA registration consulation
01/05/2019 18:11:16

I am of an age now that trying to make sense of all this is making me frustrated. The one thing I read some where in all this bumf was a mention of "age restriction" but I cannot find it again lol. We do not have to be reminded that most clubs have far more older members than younger members, that does not bode well. Having said that there are people driving cars who are over a hundred years old. Cheers

Thread: U/C fixing
26/04/2019 12:50:55

If the model is a trainer, and the pilot is a learner he/she may benifit from using banded on u/c until landing procedure improves. Cheers

Thread: Loss of trim due to moisture and temperature.
23/04/2019 10:46:45

Thanks for that Paul. You have a wonderful collection of engines too via your album.

22/04/2019 18:09:44

Hi Paul, is that the original exhaust ? I have same engine but it's a 40. Would it run ok without an exhaust. Cheers

Thread: Hi I'm Laura
13/04/2019 09:48:02

Hi Laura, welcome to the best flying forum around. Peter Miller is a renowned model plane designer, builder and flier. "The madhouse"is just an expression of all the great building and flying queries etc that goes on with this very freindly forum lol. The Chit chat section is also very informative on all subjects. Cheers

Thread: Disposing of modelling goods?
05/04/2019 21:22:31

Hi Stephen, what part of the world are you.? You have no profile so I cannot PM you. Sorry

05/04/2019 16:18:01

I have found it is quite difficult to pass on models even if the are given away. We keep stuff for a while and if it's still thereafter some time I,m afraid it's the skip. Cheers. Ps I have tried to give away a fully built and 99% Solartex covered EAA bipe to no avail.

Thread: 35 MHz RX
04/04/2019 11:02:54

Re crystals of 35mhz, I think you should have a matching pair for Tx and Rx. I have just purchased a synthasized Rx from a kind forum member, think this is the way to go as crystals are getting hard to find. Th OP mentioned "redundancy" but I believe there many fliers still on 35mhz for one reason or the other. Cheers

Thread: Square Rx 4.8v batts.
04/04/2019 00:07:24

Thanks lads for all suggestions sorted. Nice one Simon, will keep that tip in mind.

03/04/2019 10:47:03

Hi all, I am struggling to fit a normal flat shapedRx battery in my Winter build. I have looked at square 2x1x1 inch alternatives that might help. Wondered if this size is the smallest available (1'500ma) . I have seen on this forum pics of incredible narrow fuselages and wondered how they managed to shoehorn every thing in lol. Cheers

Thread: Paypal Charges - how are they calculated?
31/03/2019 21:27:41

Hi, slightly off topic (sorry) pay pal have asked me to verify my account after ten years of use. Has any one had this problem ? and I hope it's not a scam. Cheers

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us