By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Dino Tagliero

Here is a list of all the postings Dino Tagliero has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
22/10/2013 08:09:43

Hello,

after a looong wait I finally have received the Taranis and X8R Rx. I had already downloaded the instructions manual and read it, but without the radio it really did not mean much .

Now after maybe 2 weeks I have only praise for this new system. I have been able to program some quite complex "mixes" partly from the Tx and partly from the "Companion" software. The logic becomes very clear after some experimenting and I find it very easy to understand and exploit.

In the meantime I have verified that the Taranis is a 2048 steps system, much like the JR X9303 but I still have not found if the Taranis sends all "pulses" concurrently, i.e. not in sequence.

I have still to explore the telemetry capabilities, but, again, I'll have to wait until I receive the sensors.

In summary I really like this radio, other opinions, suggestions, accomplishments?

Let us hear them.

Dino

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 22/10/2013 08:47:47

Thread: How many build projects (ARTF and trad') do you have running?
20/06/2013 09:48:06

I have answered that, currently, I have 2 projects underway, but they are not "new-builds" only crash repairs...One new build is on hold from some time ago, hopefully I shall return to it as soon as I have something flyable, until then it does not make any sense building something new and, by the time is completed I might have forgotten how to fly!

However I must say that rebuilding is as satisfactory as building from the beginning...certainly more difficult but, when the repaired model is back up in the air the satisfaction is many folds greater!

What is under repair? One Sbach 342 30 cc with a totally destroyed front section and a Dakota with some wing damage. The DC3 should be ready for this upcoming week-end for a very hot new test. Hot is referred to the 36°C we are feeling here in Roma this week.

Dino

Thread: When do you use exponential?
19/01/2013 08:45:54

I have a sensitivity problem in my left thumb - flying mode1 - which causes unwanted controls interference when using elevator or rudder...So I am using "full" deflections" on both controls with some more exponential on rudder, which I do not use as much as the elevator. This way I do not have to move the thumb a long distance, more thumb movement equals more unwanted commands!

Obviously I also use exponential on ailerons.

The result is smoother and more precise flying...my landings have become nearly always perfect.

Thread: step drills
15/12/2012 07:39:04

Hi everybody, I remember reading an article in RCM&E where suppliers of precision tools were indicated..."No can find the article, no more question" so please help.

Enjoy our sport!

Dino

Thread: Heeelp with spares
06/12/2012 07:55:10

Hello all, I have broken my Sbach 30cc CF main gear and cannot find a replacement.

Need a one-piece LG approximately 43cm wide and 18 cm high. Have tried all the sites I know of but no luck except for "Chief aircraft" in the USA but must order with a 3 to 4 weeks wait plus shipping time ( I live in Roma, Italy).

All help is greatly appreciated.

Dino

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 06/12/2012 08:36:43

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us