By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Cooper 1

Here is a list of all the postings John Cooper 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Brushless replacement for 400 geared
17/08/2016 19:39:56

Hi. Well I have been slightly caught out! The plan is in the post!

It is a Fokker E111 span 1120mm, & weighs 560grms & no prop size is given in the spec but I want to make sure I can get the correct motor before cutting Balsa.

I have another Eindekker 1/8th scale plan by David Boddington 48ins span for .15-.19cu.in with 10x3.5 prop taken off the web but can't get it enlarged to full size & would also need it "electrifying". This is why I have purchased the already electrified plan but then found the specified motor was obsolete.

17/08/2016 00:08:49

Hi plan I have of a Fokker E111 shows "geared 400". What is the Brushless replacement please.

Thread: 400 geared motor
10/07/2015 20:27:13

OK Guys problem solved--Dawn Flyer has been crashed! So as long as everything is re usable I will use the Axi motor etc for the Eindecker. & will let you know how we get on.

10/07/2015 20:27:12

OK Guys problem solved--Dawn Flyer has been crashed! So as long as everything is re usable I will use the Axi motor etc for the Eindecker. & will let you know how we get on.

07/07/2015 15:59:22

David you are quite correct-- I have never flown RC only control line over 50 years ago. I will never fly now due to eyes but I have others to do that for me-- I build-- they crash!

I should also mention I live in rural Spain.

I have built from plans the last was Dawn Flier but the Eindecker has been requested with a Neiuport to fight with.

The problem with the Eindecker is it is an old plan & uses old electrics hence my question.

I have used your links & think I will go for a 250-300w at under 1000kv props will be a guess but the wattmeter should stop a conflagration!

Thank you all for your help. I am off to the strip now-- a newly surfaced stretch of Camino!

PS the thermometer is reading nearly 44!

06/07/2015 17:59:23

I haven't a clue about batteries-- 3s?? nor props but I do have a watt meter ( which I believe I need).

We have no "club" but the other guys fly for 15-20mins with their shop boughts so I would like to be in this area.

06/07/2015 07:57:32

Thanks, it´s Fokker Eindecker 1120mm span, weight 560 gm. Plan by Dale Tattam for 3ch.

It says it is for the Novice Builder-- It is the first I have attempted!

05/07/2015 15:00:23

Hi. The plan calls for a 400 geared motor what is this in modern brushless terms please.

Thread: Soldering, Where Am I Going Wrong?
24/02/2015 21:06:04

That's fine if you have all the expensive kit & are a member of Green Piece! but for those of us in the real world cleanliness added by the correct flux & in iron with good heat retention will give as good results.( I am retired & living in rural Spain with solar power & 120mile round trip to buy a hacksaw blade!) But learnt to solder at school many moons ago & those skills still work using what I can buy locally--what they are I don't know but they still stick things together!

24/02/2015 20:09:25

All this talk about problems with flux, solder ,irons is a red herring get the preparation right & the joint will be right.

I agree using the correct flux is important, tallow for lead wiped joints ( not common now),witches ( Bakers for those under 40!) for steel & Fluxite for all others.

23/02/2015 22:42:04

Good joints require 3 things:-cleanliness- clean then clean & clean again! Heat & plenty of it (I use a 6oz. solid copper iron) Tin everything before attempting to join. Job done! Never had a failed joint in 60 years.

Thread: What wattage soldering iron ???
19/08/2014 22:00:42

Hi. Can we not go back to basics with an 8oz solid copper iron heated over a gas ring, dipped in Bakers fluid& tinned works a treat! (My old plumbing master used to scream at us " well hot, well cleaned, well tinned, well soldered--well done" it still works after 60 years.

Thread: Depron - what is it- how to buy?
15/07/2014 15:10:14
Thanks yes I now know it is some form of foam sheet as is the blue stuff from Weeks but unabtainable here in Spain so I will be unable to build the Bronko.
Sorry about the errors in thisss note but Im useing my wifes ipad! Nt
14/07/2014 15:08:51

Hi Tim no I'm not confused. The plan talks about Depron & foam from Wicks. I asked the question "what is Depron I have never worked with foam (other than aerosol used to fill holes in walls)

I have now managed to put 2 & 2 together from the not very helpful replies & conclude that I should forget about trying to build from plan & go & buy yet another RTF foamy!

13/07/2014 15:15:27

All the listings are for thin stuff. The plan calls for 50mm which Cyril got from Wicks in 4ftX4ft sheets.

I live in rural southern Spain 11/2hrs from Almeria. I am not keen on buying non Spanish--this is my home!

11/07/2014 14:47:42

Hi my solo learning curve progresses.

I am interested in building the Bonco from the free plan. I live in Spain What is Depron ? It is mentioned that it is obtainable from Wicks My builders merchant has never heard of it & only has huge blocks of white foam--poly styrene?

My local model shop only stocks balsa

Thread: Aeromodler Junior Club GOLDEN WINGS
13/10/2013 14:21:28

Any body have the plans for the tow line glider that you got when you joined this club in the mid late 50's?

I want mi grandson-10 to have a go at building it.

Thread: Dawn Flyer
15/09/2013 20:44:18

Yes Dawn Flyer is just what I'm looking for BUT I'm in rural Spain how can I get the bits for this or any plan build? I am only interested in the build side of RC flight & get others to do the flying.

Thread: Transmitters...
30/07/2010 14:19:29
Just getting round to buying my first transmitter & am "confused.com"! Must be economical €50 ish (I might give up!), be 2.4, 4ch. & have rechargable batteries. I am finding it very difficult to get info(I live in Spain)  Any thoughts?
Thread: Starting Again
17/09/2009 22:06:15
Hi I think I know the answer BUT I will tell the tale all the same. I last flew an RCM 50 years ago (Ithink it was a Keil Kraft ) 20 years ago I had thoughts of starting again and purchased a 35cc OS engine together with a Futarba transmiter wich have never been used. These where to be used in a Fokker Ein decker built from an Arther Searl plan No. RM158. which I still have- unused. I am now retired and live in Spain. The Question is- is it practical to have another go? If not I need a complete kit to build NOT ARTF! Any idears?
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!