By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for MaxG

Here is a list of all the postings MaxG has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cutting PC Board
06/02/2014 14:53:05

I use a tungsten carbide rod saw blade in a hacksaw frame.

Search on this site and you will find one.

http://www.tizaro.com/

HTH

Max

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
20/12/2013 16:47:50

Count me in please.

Max

Thread: Servo connector in the wing.
13/12/2013 15:50:01

I have used the Multiplex connectors on several models and they have been very good for me.

Where I have two wing halves either side of a fuselage I wire it up so the two connectors are opposite, i.e. plug on one wing half and socket on the other wing half. That way I cannot plug it together incorrectly.

Yes I know we should carefully test the setup before flying but this is just one thing that is impossible to get wrong during the setup at the field.

HTH

Max

Thread: Bunching wires together
06/12/2013 14:37:45

Rather than using insulating tape you may wish to consider spiral wrap such as this from Maplins

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/3mm-spiral-cable-wrap-sj26d

The 3mm stuff takes two servo wires with ease and there are other sizes available. It makes for a neater installation.

One slight snag I have found is that it stiffens the wire collection a bit so you need to consider where you need flexibility and where you do not.

Google will show lots of other suppliers I am sure but the Maplins one is just to demonstrate the item.

HTH

Max

Thread: Crash resistant model box
24/09/2013 16:56:02

This may also help

http://www.modelflight.regheath.com/mf153/workshop.htm

Max

Thread: Modelflight online magazine
31/07/2013 15:42:55

It was a super site + magazine. I really used to enjoy it and was very sorry when Reg died.

I got much useful info from the site and still go back occasionally to look for things.

By the way I also contributed something to the site and had it published.

Max

Thread: Revalidating A & B Certificates (and examiners certificates)
17/07/2013 07:51:38

This is a continuing issue with a lot of the competence schemes throughout the world. I am involved with some in industry which have similar issues.

They are moving with the times and gradually tightening up as they learn how the scheme should work over a long period and how people's competence should be maintained.

Not everything is tightening up however some systems are getting easier, those in education spring to mind.

One issue you have to consider is how you would administer any retest situation, who would do it and how it would be funded.

There could also be cases of the "old boys network" where some examiners may be more lenient with their flying buddies than with those they do not know.

The other question is whether the current situation is causing a problem from a safety viewpoint and in the end that is what this is about. If it is not the based on the old adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Just a thought

Max

Thread: WOT, another one?
11/07/2013 20:41:30

I used the centre cutout to route the tank tubes when using one of the square slec tanks.

Worked for me.

Max

Thread: Weekend Giveaway
01/03/2013 13:30:36

Count me in please.

Thread: Lipo battery instead of NiMH
20/12/2012 10:33:07

There was a very good article in the latest BMFA news on this topic. Worth a read.

Also if you put a LiPo in your TX are you sure you want to charge this in the house? In fact are you sure you want to charge it in the Tx as well.

Lots of issues and inconveniences there.

How does your Tx low battery alarm work with a LiPo in the system. Thje alarm voltage is likely to be wrong for a LiPo.

Stick with Eneloops and be safe.

Thread: Workbench surface to take pins?
09/04/2012 18:09:55

If you do go for the cork tiles one thing that is worth doing is to cover the cork tiles with a layer of wallpaper lining paper, the heaviest you can find, put on with wall paper paste. Then when it is all covered in glue and cut up you just lightly dampen it, peel it off and paste on another layer.

You can also draw on the paper for centrelines and the like.

I keep a biggish airtight jar of the wallpaper paste for the times when I need to replace the paper. Gives me a new building board surface anytime I start a new plane.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us