By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for MikeS

Here is a list of all the postings MikeS has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: precedent T240
25/01/2014 22:02:52

I do like the colour WF. To honest I said mine was covered in pick but I think it is more mauve it is not too bad. I have have not had it that long and need to go over it as I do seem to recall the snakes needed looking at as well. Here are some photos taken when I brought it. I do have the wing struts.

dsc_0033.jpg

dsc_0032.jpg

Edited By MikeS on 25/01/2014 22:05:49

Thread: Building Tony's Beaufighter
19/01/2014 20:05:04

Very good work, one of my top five aircraft the beaufighter. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Mike

Thread: What shows are peeps planning on going to in 2014?
19/01/2014 19:56:58

Defo Wings n Wheels for me this year to stock up on fuel and maybe a new model and maybe southern model show.

Mike

19/01/2014 09:44:22

SWMBO will tolerate me having a project on the dinning table for few days at most. Balsa dust is a no but you must have your ways around these things.

Well my X240 is covered in pink. It came with lots of spare covering, in pink. It has never flown and the cowl needs to be finished off. I may put a Patten of white Sun ray effect on it. The control snakes also need to be sorted out on my one.

Mike

Thread: Advice needed on tablet choice.
18/01/2014 21:26:58

Well I brought a Asus Memo Pad HD and I am very happy with it. The Memo pad just slighty out performs the Nexus 7 and has better features than the Samung Tab 7, plus it is cheaper than both. it also has a memory card slot to increase on the 16gb installed.

Mike

16/01/2014 23:19:46

I picked up a T240 a while back fitted with a ASP 1.20. It has never been flown but I intend to finish it off and get it airborne.

Edited By MikeS on 16/01/2014 23:28:43

Thread: RCM&E February 2014 Issue.
11/01/2014 19:01:42

Mine came through the door today. Happy days.

Thread: Brrrrrr, winter's here, how much flying are you getting in?
11/01/2014 18:56:40

Well I have been twice to the club since October. Apart from being busy at work and family commitments, of course wind and rain had been the main issues. I have seen other members out flying on the good days which of course are when I am on the way to work.

I should get on with the TF P47 build but seem to have to much to do.

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 11/01/2014 18:57:59

Thread: Why do I support my LMS
07/01/2014 13:28:22
Posted by Michael Wright on 07/01/2014 10:24:02:

This is an interesting thread. When I lived in the Heathrow area I had three model shops within easy reach, one in Harlington,one in Slough, and one in Brentford, all competing with each other, mind you ,I am talking a good 10 years ago now!

The first shop mentioned refused to order a speed controller for me, the second was very rude, I needed a female green plug for my twinstar but at the time had a senior moment and said " just let me think a mo" at witch point the owner of the shop thrust a female and a male plug across the counter and literally sneered.."YOU CHOOSE!". The last shop was visited with a friend to help him buy a second hand trainer. We discussed this with the shop owner and it was obvious from what we said and my friends body language that he was on the point of commiting...HE REFUSED TO GET THE MODEL DOWN FOR FINAL INSPECTION saying we probably would not buy it anyway!. If the shop had been full of customers I could understand and would have been happy to have gone back, but it was only us there!

Since then the shop in Brentford has changed hands and is now "Brentford RC" where I have enjoyed the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER HAD ANYWHERE IN ENY TYPE OF SHOP EVER!!!.

Why this 'grumpy attitude' exists I've never been able to work out...from the look of this thread I am not alone!

regards

mike

I live in the Heathrow area and these there shops are still around including a fourth shop, Addlestone models. So yes I am lucky that I have four shops in driving distance. However I order most of my stuff from Leeds model shop because the are very helpful on the phone and things like Fuel and new models I wait for the shows.

All of the above stores (except Leeds models) I have found to be the same unless you spend a fortune every week you will not get the time of day from the staff when you go in or call. If I really need something that cannot wait then I go normally to slough rc as they have more stock then the others.

Mike

Thread: December 25th New Models?
26/12/2013 08:10:17

No new model for Xmas but as I have had a few new ones this year I cannot complain. However I did get a nice new tablet which I had been eyeing up.

Happy Days.

Mike

Thread: Seagull Grob Tutor G115
20/12/2013 17:54:43

Nev.

As you have to dremal a slot for the nose u/c leg in the cowl, I would try 110mm if you can or just stay with 125mm and fit the cowl to suit. You may need to add a little weight to the nose as my 91 gets the CofG just right. The 91 weighs 640g.

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 20/12/2013 17:55:28

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
20/12/2013 16:27:03

Seems rude not too. I'm in people!!!.

Thread: Seasons Greetings
18/12/2013 05:23:49

Season greetings and Merry Christmas to you all. Lets hope that next years summer will be as good or better than this year.

Mike

Thread: Can-Doo - the new design from Nigel Hawes
30/11/2013 08:55:44

I have agree with most that Can Doo caught my attention when I saw the mag on my door step. Nigel mentioned a EDF verson which might worth a wait but still plan to buld this one asap.

Mike

07/10/2013 12:41:01
Tim. I pretty much destroyed the supplied spinner on the first few starts.

I replaced mine with one from MSL. I ordered two sizes but the 2-1/2" or 63mm was the best match that would also fit the prop. Great to hear the maiden went well. Mike

Edited By MikeS on 07/10/2013 12:44:06

Thread: Free stuff weekend
05/10/2013 22:01:28
I'm in don't mind anything but will pass on the German book. Mike
Thread: Martins i/c Mustang
02/10/2013 16:42:11
I have been tempted by TN plans in last few specials but this one on a B to go with my P47 Razorback is a must. Keep up the good work Martin.
Thread: Ready for battle again
26/09/2013 20:58:51

My P40 and Dougs FW190 ready to fight again.

dsc_0492.jpg

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 26/09/2013 20:59:17

26/09/2013 20:28:21

At my club we fly off a grass strip and I have found it takes it toll on the front nose leg on the Tutor. Today we had a strong changeable cross wind which kept changing direction.

Landing was a challenge for all flying as the wind direction dictated that we should be coming over a large tree which grounded most and damaged some who tried.

Of the three flights with the Tutor two ended up with it on its back and each time it was the nose gear/spat that caught and flipped the model.

I also have found I have to straighten the the nose leg after each session, of course it is better that this gives rather than something else.

Mike

20/09/2013 08:38:30

Tim. The performance was much better. Most of the time I was flying at half throttle unlike of course with the .70 I was flying at full thottle most of the time. With the engine being new the power is down until it is fully run in. Both engines are fitted with a 13x8.5 prop.

With the mixture set at 1 1/4 turns I am getting five minute flight times which leaves 1/4 tank of fuel. However I can only fill the tank 3/4 due to the plastic exhaust line not keeping its shape. I am thinking of replacing the stock tank as I feel its a little small for a .91 size engine.

Mike

Edited By MikeS on 20/09/2013 08:39:21

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!