By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tomtom39

Here is a list of all the postings Tomtom39 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ripmax Acro.Wot Mk2 XL
13/07/2015 18:33:29

I have just bought one. I will be fitting some Savox 0254 all round (I managed to get a good deal at Wings and Wheels).

Cymaz - agree with that point. Best to fit a Dubro. Found that one out by experience!

Thread: This quarter's BMFA news
13/07/2015 18:06:10

Hope its not bottled water - went for lunch today in a "Gastro -pub" and was charged £3.50 for a small bottle of still water (I'm sure I said tap water !)

13/07/2015 18:04:31

I'm assuming it means a de thermaliser (in this case radio controlled one?). My Free flight is limited to my old Keil Kraft rubber models (I bought a couple of old kits at a bring and buy sale a few years back).

I rather enjoyed this quarters news (quite a wide variety!) . I rather fancy having a try at the Wakefields , however our strip and the surrounding area (built up!) does not lend itself to FF.

Can I also point out that the magazine does pay for articles (I was happily surprised when I submitted an article some years ago). I'd love to see some detailed builds there - along the lines of Jez Harris's builds.

Thread: 1/3rd Classic Scale Tiger Moth -
10/07/2015 18:42:06

Excellent same here

Thread: Crescent Bullet Owners
10/07/2015 11:48:19

Sorry can't make it. I have PM'd you Martyn

09/07/2015 18:33:12

Martyn , Many thanks.I'm sending you a PM

09/07/2015 14:00:25

Whats happening and where. My Bullet had its first flight after a 25 year plus lay up! (need to put a new engine in it as the one existing one is pretty loud!)

Thread: Fuel proofer over acrylic paint
08/07/2015 17:36:40

I had similar problems until a club member advised that after brushing on the poly c to wipe off any excess between coats. Leave for a minimum 30 mins at room temp. (In my case between 17 and 18C)

08/07/2015 12:30:01

Sorry should have mentioned a minimum of two coats for the Spectra/Flair proofer with at least 48hrs between coats (I left it my shed which is a bit of a hot house!!). It does go tacky if it hasn't hardened properly or reacted with the paint underneath.

07/07/2015 22:39:05

I ve used Poly C (which I understand is a water based varnish). I ended putting on four coats on acrylic paint purchased from Halfords and so far its working fine.

With regards to the Spectra (Flair) Fuel proofer (gloss) I had issues using just one coat but seem to have no problems now with two coats (I allowed a few days between each coat .)

Best of luck!

Thread: BMFA National Flying Centre
07/07/2015 10:59:05

Thank you for clarifying that Keith. Hope a suitable site becomes available quickly.

Thread: BMFA Country Members
05/07/2015 23:11:46

Be great to see some more representation at area level. Last one I went to only had three other people apart from area committee members and the leading topic was the NMFC!

04/07/2015 20:06:40

I agree on that.

04/07/2015 19:50:33

In response to John's earlier post. I only voted yes at my "lead" club ie where I'm registered for my BMFA membership. I did push the secretaries and committee to get a vote (regardless of which way) with a view to getting members to show some interest. Approx 70% of members of two clubs voted with a similar split to today's vote (the third had an 90% vote in favour of the motion).

Personally I would like to see a national site and I had hoped that the debate surrounding the reason for EGM would get more members to be involved in what could be a very major decision within our association. (The 10/11 % vote is pretty low - having said that the existing structure within the terms of the Articles of Association offered members an opportunity to do so regardless of the time span that has been debated here )

I share some views here and on other forums that country members should be given the opportunity to vote. ( I understand that this is going to be case) . I hope to be at the AGM this year and will table a motion if its not already been done. A one member/one vote system would also be a move in the right direction.

The Euro lottery didn't work out for me again so will have to shelve the idea of buying my own airfield! Any offers out there! On the plus side I have managed to find some old Greek Drachma's and a holiday out there could be in the offing depending on tomorrows referendum (feel very sorry for the ordinary folk out there)

Thread: Soda Blasting
03/07/2015 17:03:11

Many thanks for the idea

03/07/2015 17:02:57

Hello Steve, I gave it a try this afternoon with excellent results on an old trashed motor (as a test piece). I shall try again in the next couple of days.

03/07/2015 16:59:03

The three clubs that I belong to will be voting YES to the proposal (we are approx 140 miles away from the area where the site could be situated)

John , I could be wrong but I have a feeling that a new member's vote can only be counted at the EGM providing he has been a member for than one month.

Thread: 1/3rd Classic Scale Tiger Moth -
01/07/2015 17:51:43

Gary many thanks for that. The side view is the one I really wanted.

01/07/2015 10:27:09

Gary/Jez.

Do either of you have any decent photos of the crash pads for both front and rear cockpits. (I'm about to make mine up from blue foam and then trim it with bits of very thin soft leather form the wife's handbag!

Edited By Tomtom39 on 01/07/2015 10:29:17

Thread: Model Technics Trim Line (how do you get it to stay on?)
25/06/2015 11:39:36

Good point. I was debating spraying a coat of gloss fuel proofer before I re attached the trimline.

What do you polish the laquer with ? (I usually just buff it)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us