By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tomtom39

Here is a list of all the postings Tomtom39 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wing tube suppliers in the UK?
23/03/2015 10:43:00

Hello Jez,

I had a similar issue last season and bought my replacement at Falcon Aviation (Aluminium) . I found them very helpful.

Thread: This quarter's BMFA news
21/03/2015 16:16:42

Not necessarily true. I arrange for read copies of the BMFA magazine to be dropped of at two of our local ATC Squadrons ,from which we have had a small number of cadets coming up to our club to try out model flying -yes including free flight ie the Darts that were obtained from BMFA HQ . We now have three new members as a consequence of this. Another club member who is a Design and Technology teacher at a local school also makes a point of circulating the bi-monthly BMFA news to his pupils (I understand that they may be considering putting a team in for the BMFA challenge - so not all doom and gloom) .

As a magazine aimed at a minority hobby with all its diverse interests , I think it does a reasonable job. It is very reliant on contributions in the form of articles and reports from its own members.

Sorry Andy. My copy also had a staple malfunction!

Thread: new member
20/03/2015 11:33:33

Hello Vic,

Good morning and welcome to the forum.

Thread: RCM&E Springfield Bulldog
10/03/2015 17:57:11

Some very good points there Erfolg. I hope that RCME are able to review their pricing as I'm sure at the "right" price it will attract a larger number of modellers to build this beautiful aircraft.

Thread: Wots Wot ARTF
10/03/2015 12:36:31

Hello Tom,

Same issue here but it seems to fly fine.

Thread: RCM&E Springfield Bulldog
10/03/2015 10:58:20

Hello Scottrik,

There is me being envious about the availability of some excellent American kits and wishing I was the other side of the pond. I have in the past ordered ones from Proctor and gliders from Aerosente. Price to buy is great but shipping, Customs Tax etc makes it rather eye watering. Last one was nearly 40% of the kit. (Price of kit and bits was close on $1000 !!!!!).

The grass is always greener etc etc.

Many thanks for the Youtube link which has offered me a solution to another problem.

10/03/2015 10:50:39

Hello David,

Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

I love the design but felt that the cost for a woodpack and additional woodpack was rather high! ( it would be great to see a detailed list for this and any other packs offered , rather than having to make an assumption of its contents).

05/03/2015 16:23:10

Just seen the prices on MyHobbystores. Regret I will not be building this (plan now consigned to bottom of pile) .

I'd be very interested to see what is included in the "woodpack" and additional "woodpack". Seems rather expensive! David?

Thread: Peterf's 1/4 scale Falcon Models Tiger Moth
24/02/2015 09:53:47

Mick Reeves does a nice range

Thread: How far would you travel for your Hobby?
21/02/2015 09:23:08

Hello Mr B . Many thanks for your comment . I suspect you are right re Brockenhurst . I have just checked the Mag and suspect it was a typo error .

20/02/2015 12:45:35

Following on from another thread. I was perusing through an old collection of Aero Modeller (given to me back in the 70's by my Teacher) and came across the club news in the May 1958 edition. This is a notice from the Lancing and D.M.A.C and reads as follows:-" The club walking record has gone to one member and his sister who missed the bus at Brocklehurst and walked to Beaulieu. Leaving Shorehamat 6.30am arriving on the airfield 7 1/2 hours later!) - note I suspect that the bus was leaving for Shoreham at 6.30 am (anyone know who that is and does the club still exist?

Cost of Mag was 1'6

Thread: How far do you travel to the nearest decent model shop?
20/02/2015 12:34:39

I remember having to cycle six and half miles (each way) to buy my first "commercial" R/C combo (It had taken me just over two years of Saturday jobs / birthday cash etc to save up). When I got there the price (1970's inflation) had gone up by approx £1 and the shop manager was not prepared to budge (Harry Brooks) . So had to cycle all the way back and borrow from some mates and ride back again. Not sure if I'd be able to do it now! (I was 14 years 9 months 3 days old at the time!!)

Thread: Building a 1940's Wakefield
19/02/2015 15:18:48

Hello John,

Your thread has inspired me to build another Wakefield. My last one was 38 years ago when my craft and science teacher handed me the August 1961 edition of the Aero Modeller. In it was a design of the Sylvesteri X11 by Seppo Takko of Finland (I still have the magazine). An unfortunate problem with DT meant I never saw the model after several excellent flights in the Ashdown Forest (last seen heading in general direction of the coast).

Something to look forward to on those long cold nights (once I get my current backlog out of the way)

Thread: Hanger 9 30cc Spitfire
17/02/2015 11:01:12

Hi Al

I have sent you a PM

Thread: Peterf's 1/4 scale Falcon Models Tiger Moth
17/02/2015 10:54:14

For PeterF- I have sent you an email

Thread: Saito FG21
15/02/2015 17:14:01

It's a great motor. just make sure you run it in right. There was a very good article in an old copy of the RCME (regret i have got rid of my old mags!)

Edited By Tomtom39 on 15/02/2015 17:23:37

15/02/2015 16:00:11

Hello John,

I had mine on the H9 Thunderbolt 60 . You don't have to worry about the noise! Standard set up worked just fine .

Thread: This quarter's BMFA news
11/02/2015 12:59:54

The matter of having an electronic issue was raised some two/three years ago at the BMFA AGM . I think it was voted down (I got there a bit late so wasn't there to find out reason). I hate waste and would be happy to have an electronic copy.

11/02/2015 11:38:28

Did it mention how much revenue this generated via advertising?

Thread: TJD models
10/02/2015 10:04:14

Me too . Best if you give John or Nigel a ring there.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!