By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tomtom39

Here is a list of all the postings Tomtom39 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: My Hermes
12/10/2017 16:46:36

Hooray. Its here and in one piece. All forgiven (just drooling over my latest purchase a Proctor DVa in 1/4 scale)

Edited By Tomtom39 on 12/10/2017 16:47:21

Edited By Tomtom39 on 12/10/2017 16:47:43

Thread: Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?
12/10/2017 16:44:34

Same here Beth . Mine would be started with plans, built kits before moving to ARTF

Thread: My Hermes
12/10/2017 13:19:57

I have a friend who was made redundant a few years ago and the only work that he was able to get was to be either a Mini cab driver or a Courier . I was disgusted to find out how much he got for delivery per parcel and how many he had to do in a day. Fortunately he was able to re-train and is now a manager of our local garden centre.

Still waiting!

12/10/2017 11:46:48

Im in the bunker (front room ) Steel helmet , gas mask, Bino's and broomstick at the ready . Waiting to coral My Hermes delivery man . I was informed that they turned up yesterday , rang door bell but had no response so left card. Strange as I was in all day! Awaiting re delivery.

Thread: named brand motors vs budget motors
08/10/2017 00:43:42

Alan,

Ive used this company in the past. http://www.redhillbearings.co.uk/bearings.htm.

I primarily use Scorpion motors , however I was unable to get any response from the UK distributor for spares and it would appear from a Companies House check that the business was dissolved early in the year! Trying to get anything from the manufacturers works out rather expensive in terms of postage, VAT , Courier admin charge etc . I have therefore switched over to AXI for the time being.

Spotted this some on ebay which will fit your motor . Postage looks horrendous! (£7.48 for bearings and £14.98 for postage) site is www_rc-multistore_de

Best of luck!

Thread: NEW 50" Hawk (90mm fan) RCME Special
08/10/2017 00:06:14

Tony. Will this EDF suffice:- DR MAd Thrust 1000KV , Max Power 3500W's on 8s Lipo , 3200W continuous ,110 Amps. Max thrust 4.6kg?

Hawk looks very nice.

06/10/2017 23:41:08

A friend of mine bought it direct from Germany (Think with motor it was a shade under £350 inc P/P). I swapped it for a NIB Hacker A60 V2 that he was after plus a few pounds !

The Schubeler unit was unused . The website is http://www.schuebeler-jets.de/de/

06/10/2017 23:07:53

I think the kv on the one I have is lower ie 1000KV. Quoted thrust is 4.6kg . Think its about .1kg more than the one Tony has . The spec I have quoted was from the original DR Mad Thrust ad. Best ask Tony for advice.

I decided not to use the DR MAD unit as I had the opportunity to buy a Schubeler HDS unit for the right money.(Quality of this is just amazing - but a bit more money)

06/10/2017 12:38:21

For those of you considering building Tony's Hawk . I have an unopened 12 blade 90 mm Dr Mad Thrust Fan for sale that I bought from HK (presale - approx four months ago!).

Specs are 1000KV , Max Power 3500W's on 8s Lipo , 3200W continuous ,110 Amps., Max thrust 4.6kg. This cost me approx £105 plus postage at the time. I'll accept £75 plus P/P. Please PM if this of interest.

Edited By Tomtom39 on 06/10/2017 12:39:23

Thread: Wills and Model Goods
14/09/2017 09:04:36

Not sure whether to be buried or cremated with them all!

Thread: New generation of Fake Spektrum Receivers
05/09/2017 15:38:46

With you on that Martin. Another reason for switching to Jeti! (I had far too many issues with my old Spektrum gear , although would advise these were primarily using the old DSM2 system and not the later DSM X)

Thread: First climb, and next flight.
27/08/2017 15:31:26

Beautiful Pierre.

I was the other side of you a few weeks ago on the Italian side enjoying some very warm weather!

Thread: Traplet statement
03/08/2017 11:46:01

If it was only that simple! I'd have done the same years ago! However in my case Its been 35 years years of pain and sweat not to mention a huge amount of investment!

I don't think that the Directors of Traplet would have taken the decisions lightly. As an unsecured creditor I'm waiting to find out the full measure of the problem .

The statement on the Australian Magazine sums it up very well as this a World wide issue for the retail industry. Magazines rely on both its Subscribers and advertisers (and that appears to be a somewhat diminishing number! - apologies I'm also generalising) .

Best of luck to the chaps at Sarik . I look forward to seeing what they will be offering to the hobby.

Thread: Horizon Hobbies
13/07/2017 09:52:58

The repaired DX6 (under warranty) took just over six weeks (one day shy of seven). Not sure if the email and subsequent phone call to America speeded things up! (I couldn't get through to a human being at the German operations) . I assume that they must be very busy having rationalised various locations.

03/07/2017 17:31:22

Hello Pete W . I cant accept that "not receiving a response from HH for 10 days",could be deemed to be a good level of service - especially compared to what it was like when they had a repair outlet in the UK. I have just fired off an email to both Germany (again and for the seventh time) and also to the CEO in the States . I'm hoping that this will illicit a reaction!

Regretfully the shop where the radio was purchased is no longer in business (bought five months ago!).

03/07/2017 11:51:27

Has anyone on the forum had any contact with Horizon Hobbies UK (in Germany) in the last few weeks? We had an issue with our club DX6 ie screen went blank . This was sent off to HH in Germany some five weeks ago (having received a return number from them) . We have emailed them several times as well as ringing them up (on last occasion we were told that it was being looked at and that someone would ring back within the hour - no one has!). Ive tried a couple of times today but all I get on connection is music - I held on for nine mins first time and eleven on the second)

Thread: Allergic reaction
03/05/2017 10:46:31

I have real problems with both Aliphatic and Ca (which makes building in winter an issue with having to open windows to disperse fumes) . I've started to use a modified extractor unit from a small "hobby" spray booth . Its not brilliant but seems to do the job .

Thread: Horizon Hobbies
10/04/2017 10:46:09

This by the way is in the last eight days. So if anyone has managed to get through to them since then please let me know. (Orders go through fine with automated emails confirming these).

10/04/2017 10:44:12

I seem to have a similar problem getting any form of response from Horizon/Staufenbeil . Ive written to them on three ocassions (no response) and have rung them up on similar number of times . I keep being put on hold with music (last call 6 mins) . Ive now raised a Paypal dispute and hope that this will get them to contact me! Not a happy bunny!

Thread: Jonathon Livingston Seagull
09/04/2017 16:56:19

Ive just dusted out my old copy from a very long time ago. Thank you for reminding me . Now where did I put that copy of Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us