By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for bert baker

Here is a list of all the postings bert baker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 1/4 scale Little Toot
05/08/2010 15:02:35
A box containing spats and cowl arrived today along with seperate envolope with the a plan

The ally templates I have been lent are a perfect match

Cowl and spats Vac formed from good sturdy palstic

When I get time I will put on some photos

Bert
03/08/2010 17:47:03
Well I will find out in 7~10 day
And post some photos
Belair has offered to scan plan and cut parts no exact price but I would gues it would be around the£100.00 bracket.
He said he would only charge for lasser cutting time and wood.

My fellow club member was given some verry nice 2mm thick ally wing rib templates with his secondhand Toot .

Dont know what plan they were cut from, but I have had a go with them and made 6 ribs just for fun,

Thay work verry well so Its fingers crossed that they will suit the DT plan
bert
03/08/2010 15:19:42
Hi Bob
Bad news today

Spoke to my hobbys today they got supplier to open a box and see what was inside

If you order the £99.00 toot parts you will get a cwol spats and a cone

No plan or wood

Its a rip off

The guy I spoke to agreed it was strange

So I have orded plan cowl spats seperatley and saved approx £50.00

How it can be justified is any one gues

I am sure there must be more to it than meets the eye

Bert

Edited By bert baker on 03/08/2010 15:21:00

02/08/2010 15:53:33
Hi to all

After a good phone call today it looks likley that for £99.00 I would get plans. cowl. spats and a cone.and assortment of wood parts.

Waighting for suppler to open up a box and confirm

If this is the case I will order the lot as this would make the wood parts more attractive.

Bert

Thread: Building the Little Toot
28/07/2010 10:44:00
Hi Alan

Please could you send a copy of the construction notes for the little toot

Bert 
Thread: 1/4 scale Little Toot
27/07/2010 13:06:22
Hi Bob

Ihave spoken to Phil Kent and he has said that the cowl supplied from my hobbyy is desighned to go wiyh dennis tapsfied toot but a guy he knows has fitted one to his 57" varriant.

I am still waighting to get any sence from my hobbys, most frustrating

Bert
27/07/2010 10:18:52
A club member arived at our feild with a Biplane that realy caught my eye

He informed me that it was called a Little Toot built years ago from a plan

I like ti so much I just had to find out more about it, I came across a plan in a plans book Ihad had for a short time.

So I did a bit more recearch and found that there was a few plans in existance drawn by different people.

One well known lasser cutting company also listed laser cut parts for one of the avalible plans.Then I found another that could supply plans spats and a cowl an some parts pre cut.

It is now time to decide where to place my order

Bert
Thread: Tony Major DH Mosquito
25/07/2010 19:29:15
I have a small selection of full size photos and some of a 96" mossi

I got the mossi bug and ended up getting a mega models 96" semi kit, glass fuz foam wings

Put in shed and thats as far as project went,One day I will have to decide to build her or sell her on

Bert
Thread: Building the Little Toot
25/07/2010 10:47:33
Hi Guys
Many thanks for you help

I am expecting a phone call early next week from my hobby store

Hopefully I will get to find out what it is that I would get for my money

Many thanks
Bert
24/07/2010 18:55:28
Hi Bob
yes I would agree

I had wondered as there are different plans avalible for same scale toot could it be possible that the guy I have mentioned in previous post had parts cut for say a phil kent toot but he may have had plan by Dennis T

As I was told that company who did cutting work do not suply plans so making it is possible to order parts for same size and scale plane but actualy tying to line them up against a diferent plan who knows

It is possible that if cutting company had an old plan scanned into cad and stored for many years things could go wrong if plan has been up revised and modified.

Also having dabbled a verry little in cnc milling some times strange things happen with programs when passing drawings through the different programs to build up the G code file that all cnc machines need to opperate from

One interesting point is that phil kent has told me that the cowl supplied from hobby stores is an exact fit to his vesion of toot

If I was going to have parts lasser cut I would send plans that I would use to build from and insist that my own plan was scanned in and used

this way parts cut would match my plan if they didnt I would lay blame at lasser cutting company 

I did ask hobby store what would happen if the pre cut parts they can supply didnt fit didnt get a good responce

Bert

23/07/2010 21:01:53
Hi Jim
thanks for swift repliy

spoke to hobby store earlyer today they could not give me the scale or size of plane the only referance is to the rc1266 on their website

I now know that this is the wrong one that I would like to build

So it will be the rm143 for me

Its a shame that hobby store could not give awnsers to my questions about what parts they can supply only a rough gues

I dont realy want to go the full hog of rib and former cuting as I would like to make swift progress when I get started

Paul

23/07/2010 19:55:36
Hi to all

I have a fellow club member who has bought a little toot secondhand
It flys so well I am thinking of building one

Confused about plan numbers

spoke to a laser cutting company who had recently cut from philip kents 57 " plan but custtomer complained that bitts were wrong size and gave up building it

Spoke to P Kent and did agree that if origional plan he built from was right then others built from his origional plans should also be ok

So whos plan should I purchase has any one purchase the RM143 with the pre cut parts

Look forward to any repliy
Bert 

23/07/2010 19:55:30
Hi to all

I have a fellow club member who has bought a little toot secondhand
It flys so well I am thinking of building one

Confused about plan numbers

spoke to a laser cutting company who had recently cut from philip kents 57 " plan but custtomer complained that bitts were wrong size and gave up building it

Spoke to P Kent and did agree that if origional plan he built from was right then others built from his origional plans should also be ok

So whos plan should I purchase has any one purchase the RM143 with the pre cut parts

Look forward to any repliy
Bert 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us