By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Attilio Rausse

Here is a list of all the postings Attilio Rausse has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Flight Controllers
11/11/2019 08:51:58

The Kopilot sounds great because it has the RTH feature as well as stabiliser, for trainer type aircraft I can see many advantages over conventional stabilisers. it seems you may need a receiver with sbus output.

Thread: hobbyeagle A3 V2 PPM setup?
04/11/2019 13:52:59

you need a receiver with sbus output.

Thread: How to convert an ic to electric?
15/10/2019 09:05:55

Hi Simon

Just seen this post, I also fly the HK Pt-19 with an electric setup, I use a 5065 236kv up front for weight and reach (the cowl is very narrow at the front). Again, for weight I used a 12S setup (2 x 6S 3300) HV ESC mounted right up front. Don't know which battery you've gone for but with 6S you'll be drawing 70A at full throttle which will be pushing the limits of the motor.

Please keep us up to date with progress, I can provide photo's if required.

Til

Thread: Closed loop.
13/10/2019 11:45:09

**LINK**

Thread: Cable tidy using sbus
29/08/2019 22:20:34

Darran your analysis is spot on, use same bec.

28/08/2019 22:41:54

Darran the x6r and x8r allow you to bind 9 to 14 and 9 to 16, don't think all receivers allow you to do that but you could use any receiver for the lower channels ie x4r 1 to 4 and x6r 9 to 14 (for wing). If you look at the manual for x8r/x6r it explains what jumpers you need to set then bind to access the higher channels. Both receivers need to use the d16 mode when binding.

28/08/2019 21:26:42

Hi Darran

You can use SBUS to reduce the number of connections as you quite rightly state but there is another option which you can use, put an additional receiver in the wing (I am assuming that it's a one piece wing) this would get over the problem regarding the type of servo. So one receiver covers channels 1 to 8 and the second receiver covers channels 9 to 16.

You may have confused S-Port (which is what you connect the sensors to) and SBUS, not that it matters if you use the 2 receiver method. if you need further help just ask.

Til

Thread: Using larger lipo to charge smaller one
04/08/2019 18:13:43

As long as your charger can take the input voltage can't see any problems. 2 charges max though.

Thread: 9XD+
10/07/2019 14:46:26

Nothing wrong with x9D+ on open tx. Stick with frsky receivers. Many new models have already come out depends how much you want to spend, opentx has the same functionality whatever the model of transmitter. Personally I would leave the Jumper alone as it uses an offshoot of opentx so not the same level of support.

Thread: Cordless - Dremel or Aldi special?
17/05/2019 18:05:40

i bought one from lidl so impressed i bought another, would agree with doc Marten buy it, not a lot to lose.

Thread: S6R receivers
27/04/2019 17:20:10

Just an addition test the stabiliser in flight first when you have control to see if it reacts the way you want it too.

Til

27/04/2019 17:16:22

Had a think about this and if it was me I would use the stabiliser in self levelling mode, but with a bit of a twist. Part of the initialisation is to set the model level, this is where you cheat a little by setting the model with a downward slope of say 15 degrees (i don't do slope soaring so adjust this figure to suit). I would probably use switch H (momentary switch) set up as a sticky switch (pull for on pull again for off) to enable self level mode. Enable self level mode at launch which will keep wings level and glider nose down. Grab the sticks pull on SH and your away.

Don't worry about mounting the stabiliser on the cofg it doesn't really matter. If you need any help with setting it up just PM me ( I use Horus and taranis with openTx)

Til

Thread: Where can I buy Profilm (Oracover) by the metre?
26/04/2019 08:03:36

Leeds Model Shopsmiley

Thread: Gyro settings
15/03/2019 16:55:50

Frank i have the a3s2 and a3 s3 and can say that whatever you send from the transmitter it will obey without question, so if a mix has outputs on multiple channels thats fine, it only acts when the aeroplane pitches, rolls or yaws without the corresponding transmitter output that it applies correction. However it needs to know the centre position of the servo, so if you apply trim you must let the FS know this as per instructions. You had me thinking about the aileron differential but with only one aileron channel the differential would have to be mechanical so no problem there. Also can't have flapperons or spoilerons with only one aileron channel.

Edited By Attilio Rausse on 15/03/2019 16:59:14

15/03/2019 11:37:39

i think the mixing it refers to is for delta wing or vtail. if your plane is normal wing then use mixes, trims, expo as normal just remember that after any trim changes, you must let the stabiliser know the new centre position of the servo, this is detailed in the instructions.

Thread: Lipo and FrSky SPort Telemetry
03/03/2019 18:42:02

Charlie 3.3V is too low, I have mine set at 3.5V when this is triggered there is then a readout every 20 seconds of lcel, if lcel stays at 3.5v you need to land pdq, I am speaking from experience. I would advise that for a new model you start at 3.6v for safety. its up to you of course.

02/03/2019 13:41:30

Voltage is the full picture, you cannot measure capacity only what has been used. Low cell voltage (not battery voltage) is the warning to land and always occurs as you use the battery. Also when a cell in a battery is nearing 'end of life' the voltage can drop very quickly no matter what the capacity is. Sorry but voltage measurement is always the best way.

02/03/2019 13:13:10

Hi Charlie

I would like to give a different viewpoint to what is suggested above.blush

I use a Frsky MLVSS voltage sensor which measures the voltage for each cell in the pack, I have the alarm set so that when the lowest cell reaches a voltage of 3.6v for 3 secs or more the alarm (voice readout) is activated and it works really well. I decided against measuring the amount used for various reasons the main one is that if one cell starts to play up (can happen any time even 3 mins into flight your calculated consumption will lead you to think all is well) you could end up in real trouble. At the end of the day voltage is the only reliable way to warn you when its time to land.

yes

Edited By Attilio Rausse on 02/03/2019 13:15:15

Thread: I Charger + blue smoke = bin
30/01/2019 16:31:22

HK - Turnigy reaktor 20A for about £52 incredible vfm. just just seen Nigelr post would agree

Edited By Attilio Rausse on 30/01/2019 16:35:15

30/01/2019 16:26:56

the ichargers and copies seem to have a fatal flaw in that you must not power up the charger with the batteries already plugged in, I did this twice, both times the charger was replaced f.o.c.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us