By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for martin collins 1

Here is a list of all the postings martin collins 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Return of the SMA
24/09/2020 17:42:03

Big Thumbs up to Wayne`s lazer cut kits, plan downloaded from outerzone, he cut me the parts for my Jodel, 38" span on a small motor and a 3s 1250mah battery, i can get 3 6 minute flights out of one pack.yes

img_20200705_103200_resized_20200705_105031314.jpg

Thread: Best interference free 2.4 tx under ?350?
24/09/2020 17:34:38

I don`t want a manufacturer bashing thread, i have heard of problems on at least 3 different makes and seen planes lost to some form outside signal on different gear. Only interested in hearing what people would spend their money on that works with the most reliable channel switching set up.

Thread: Return of the SMA
22/09/2020 15:01:45

Yep i would be interested if it coincided with my day off that week (some of us have to work during the week sad 

Martin

Thread: Old Warden.....URGENT!
19/09/2020 20:30:43

About the same as normal but spread into groups as the ff, rc and bring and buy areas are all moved apart to keep contact to a minimum. Not much flying going on as v windy...........

19/09/2020 19:41:15

Big thanks to the organisers and Old Warden for putting the event on in such a safe and well thought out manner, hope they do ok financially out of it...........M

Thread: Petrol or Glow?
17/09/2020 16:15:48

Gave up on glow years ago, i cannot stand getting my models covered in the oily slime then having to clean it all off............

Petrol or electric for me cheeky

Thread: Farm vehicle interference on 2.4?
04/09/2020 11:35:29

There is no housing close by so wifi boosters should not be a problem, we have a chicken farm with a couple of wind turbines on it up one end which is about 1/2 mile away, some have reported issues if flying too far out from the strip at that end. The other end has the farm track which has a shipping container placed alongside it for club storage, most problems have been reported at this end. I haven`t had any issues yet, my gear is Spektrum but as i mentioned the problem seems to be across all different makes of equipment..........

04/09/2020 09:10:27

One of the sites i fly at is in among various fields of crops which at this time of the year are being harvested, there also seems to be a surprising number of `loss of control` incidents at the patch at this time. Before all the Spektrum bashers get going it is spread among several different makes, including Hitec, Futaba and Spektrum. I witnessed one a couple of days ago, we have a farm track at one end of the strip and a large nicely built scale model was banking over the track as a large tractor and two cars drove under it. The plane then turned over on it`s back and dove into the field just beyond the vehicles, not a stall, there was plenty of airspeed but it was as the convoy passed underneath, the radio gear was Hitec in this case. Has anyone else found interference problems with large farm vehicles in the area?

Thread: Harold J Towner plans, has anyone here built from them?
21/08/2020 18:21:04

I am looking at some of the more unusual scale planes that Harold J Towner did plans for many years ago, they can be found on the Outerzone website. I would like to try building some of them including the Bristol Beaufort which was for twin .049 glow engines at 37" span. Has anyone on here built one of his designs, i believe the plans or kits were sold by Astral.........Martin

Thread: Who is building what?
19/08/2020 05:18:57

Just starting this...............

GeeBee Model D

Thread: Cambrian ME109 Funfighter electric build
02/08/2020 22:08:25

I realised that i started this nearly a year ago now and that various other models had jumped the queue ahead of finishing the 109 Funfighter off. I`ve spent a few hours covering it, having used some Polyspan on my last build (see my 7 day challenge Jodel thread), i thought it would be ideal for the 109 as well, it is now covered and ready for paint. Hopefully that will get done in the next couple of days, i will post some pics up once it is finished...........

Thread: Rx !!!!!!!!!!!
27/07/2020 17:59:56

Yawn..........

Thread: AR620 Loses Connection on Lower Power Range Check
21/07/2020 22:12:45

Had EXACTLY the same problem with two 6 channel Lemon rx`s, one single and one duel diversity, as soon as the range check button is operated the signal to the rx is lost, only way to get power back is recycle the tx and rx. I think it is a compatibility issue, Lemon asked for a WattsApp video showing the issue which i sent them yesterday, still waiting for a response............Ended up putting in a Spektrum AR500 and also tried an Orange rx, both range checked fine, my TX is a gen1 DX8 as well...............M

Thread: How to make scale exhausts?
21/07/2020 17:09:40

1/4" outside diameter.........

21/07/2020 16:24:19

I have made a couple of VW like cylinders for the side of my jodel but want to make the dummy exhausts, the front one of which has quite a tight curve as it goes round the cylinder head to then face in the opposite direction from where it came. I tried a bit of black wiring but it won`t stay bent to the radius, any suggestions?

Thread: DX8 gen 1 and Lemon rx compatibility issue?
14/07/2020 21:21:38

I have sent all the information to the Lemon customer service dept and also to the service dept at Als Hobbies who deal with Spektrum tx servicing. Let`s see if they blame the others equipment ! wink 2 I personally think there is some sort of compatibility issue, to resolve it i guess change receivers or buy a new tx, happy with the DX8, i don`t need all the extra gizmos on the later ones.........

14/07/2020 20:34:50

My TX is DSM 2, how do you select which it binds on?

14/07/2020 19:58:18

I have a gen 1 DX8, it range tests fine on Orange and Spektrum receivers but i have just bought two Lemon 6ch rx`s and both bind ok but as soon as i use the reduce power range check button on the tx the receivers drop out. The light goes out and the signal is lost, it does not return when the button is released. The tx and rx have to be turned off and on again to get a signal. I have tried the rx`s on a different plane and get the same result, is there a compatibility issue between the DX8 gen 1 and these lemon receivers? I have a larger Lemon rx that appears to work ok. I have tried a full power distance check and at 100 paces with the tx on full power i still have all controls working..............M

Thread: Aeromaster
10/07/2020 18:31:58

Very nice, you`ve done a good job there, no wing struts?

Thread: Painting/masking a doped Polyspan covered model.
10/07/2020 18:04:03

Ok, the Jodel is ready for some paint, the full size i am modelling it on is white with a blue cowl area which then curves, runs along the front of the wing and also into a stripe which runs down to the tail. Undecided whether to airbrush the whole airframe white then add the blue or leave the frame `oh natural` and just ad the blue, it is supposed to be a vintage build so maybe just the blue, opinions? I will be using Tamiya acrylic paint, the model is electric.

Also, will the masking (frog tape and a thin automotive mask tape) pull the finish off the surface? Final question, airbrush or good quality hand brush, what have you guys done with good results? Sorry for all the questions, very pleased with the model so far so want the finished item to look good. Decided against coloured tissue for the trim. This forum is great, had so much good advice during my last couple of builds yes img_20200705_103200_resized_20200705_105031314.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 10/07/2020 18:11:46

Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!