By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for chris larkins

Here is a list of all the postings chris larkins has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Anyone for a Tiffie?
08/10/2013 05:15:33

I haven't seen the plan but I am sure that the idea would be to sheet over the inner L/E. Check the plan, it should be illustrated by the side profile of the wing on the plan.

16/09/2013 18:08:31

Great build thread, a typhoon is on my list of 'to do' projects. On the subject of reading material have you ever read 'Typhoon Pilot' by Desmond Scott, this fantastic book describes not only the flying qualitites of the Typhoon but also the modifications made to make it a bearable place to go to war in. You can get a copy fairly cheap on eBay and Amazon (see link) **LINK**

typhoon pilot.jpg

Thread: New Spektrum DX9
06/09/2013 13:25:41

Apart from the voice telemetry which will be a great upgrade from the DX8 surely the best feature is the inbuilt Sequencer which will enable you to programme gear doors and retracts to work in the correct order, or flaps/landing lights etc with variable time delays built in.

see the tutorial below for how this is set-up on the DX18, it should be the same on the DX9.

Thread: Piper Twin Apache PA23 -150 74"
14/07/2013 23:31:06

Any progress updates Danny?

I'm eagerly waiting for this build to start

Thread: Covering cost
19/11/2012 20:33:30

Try Giantshark, they sell the same covering as Hobbyking but as its from the UK the postage is cheap. The covering is as far as I can tell exactly the same as profilm but at a fraction of the cost, its £10.50 for a 5metre roll

**LINK**

Thread: Orange receiver
06/11/2012 17:39:27

Just checked and these are once again available and in stock from the Hobbyking UK site (and at just $5.99), therefore as these have already been imported by a major supplier there should be no worries about any CE regulations yes

19/10/2012 22:34:32

I have 6 models (mostly foam) that are fitted with the 6CH Orange RX's, the only time I had any range issues was on a multi engine foam model, this was cured by fitting the optional Orange Satellite RX and I have now fitted these to all of my models. For some strange reason these Satellite RX's are more expensive than the main unit, however you can still get both for around £15 inc postage from Hobbyking. All in all they get a massive thumbs up from me. yes

Thread: Piper Twin Apache PA23 -150 74"
14/10/2012 16:30:38
Thread: New Spektrum DX18
26/02/2012 11:24:03

I think Spektrum need to concentrate on releasing previous transmitter first before advertising the DX18 !. My flying buddy placed an deposit on the DX10 almost a year ago now after all the advertising they did, first the delivery date slipped to July, Then November, then the New Year, then February, and guess what?....they still haven't arrived. I have a DX8 and I think it's a great TX for the money and so much easier to programme than my old FF8. I just wish they could get their act in order and get stuff delivered.......based on what is going on with the DX10 you might get your hands on a DX18 in 2014!

Thread: Pick a Plane 2011
14/12/2010 20:37:18
Number 1 - YAK 11
Number 2 - Avro Anson
Number 3 - Blackburn Beverley
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us