By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for john davidson 1

Here is a list of all the postings john davidson 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: EPP Foam Availability
04/08/2020 19:07:55

Tosh you can skin depron with self adhesive vinyl from a sign shop, see Graham Dorschel on you tube on how to do it , it results in an immensely strong wing . £5 is enough for two 48 inch wings

regards John

Thread: Battery connectors
31/07/2020 21:51:12

No one has answered the question about small models, I believe JSTs are still widely fitted as original for up to 1000mh 2 to 3 cell .batteries with the advantage of small size which can be important in a cramped fuse, they seem to cope with currents well above their rating too. I changed to XTs for larger modeels when i had unreliable contacts with a deans and I also found them hard to disconnect

Thread: Rx !!!!!!!!!!!
27/07/2020 15:46:36

re backwards compatibity dsm2 and dsmx . Reading my manual for dx6 (well it is a wet day) on page 20 under modulation quote "when dsmx is active , the transmitter operates in DMSX with DSMX receivers and DSM2 with DSM2 receivers. The transmitter automatically detects DSM2 or DSMX during binding and changes the mode automatically to match the receiver type you are using. if you select DSM2 , the transmitter operates in DSM2regardless whether it is bound to a DSm2 or DSMXreceiver"

I have never manage to bind a DSMX tranny to a DSM2 receiver , has frame rate on page 20any bearing on this?

Edited By john davidson 1 on 27/07/2020 15:47:35

Thread: Masks
25/07/2020 18:34:58

Here in Scotland mask wearing has been one hundred per cent in the last week, mind you I wear my full face motor bike helmet in the shops , reckon that counts as a visor, have to stay away from banks though

Thread: My no. 4 Lidl Glider conversion - Twin Boom Version!
24/07/2020 22:57:10

tail heavy perhaps?

Thread: Back after 11 years - need advice
21/07/2020 16:57:51

A foamie is much more ding proof than a balsa built up ARTF and in a more severe crash a foamie breaks into glueable chunks unlike balsa which is usually matchwood , I would go for a Wot 4 e , great flyer

Thread: DX8 gen 1 and Lemon rx compatibility issue?
14/07/2020 20:33:52

I have a DX6 and recently realised an Orange receiver was short on range so range checked all the ones I had along with some Lemon ,including Lemon gyros . All were giving one third of the back to back range of Spektrum. Took them all out and bought some of the new antenna less Spektrum Sport which seem excellent My sons DSM2 orange receivers seem to be all right for range .I used to think compatibles were ok but now I think the extra money for Spektrum is well worth

Thread: Battery Hatch Query
03/07/2020 19:41:58

Having converted several models to electric , the firewall is always too far back and needs to be removed and a new one situated as to keep the prop in the same place and allowing the battery much further forward ,thus avoiding using ballast , a new hatch then can be made at the same time.

Thread: Receivers
03/07/2020 19:32:16

Just bought a couple of Spektrum AR410 4 channel sport receivers , the ones with no external aerials and a bind button insead of a bind plug. Range testing compared with lemon with satellite, and two aerial orange the Spektrums had 3 times the range, so i agree with the previous post , use original Spektrum for heavy models and others for foamies flown close

Thread: new to wash out
26/06/2020 21:21:44

Regarding Eurofightesr and such being unflyable without a computer, why do MODELS of them fly perfectly happily?

Thread: hobbywing quattro 20amp x4 ubec
26/06/2020 15:59:03

Just received the Quattro esc, I intend to use it for a four motor Sunderland and it comes with a separate throttle hub. I take it that in this use the four leads plug into the hub then into the throttle port of the receiver, If anyone has experience in this application I would welcome confirmation

Thread: I said goodbye to an old friend last Wednesday...
24/05/2020 20:06:02

Paul, that is the first trouble in many years of Orange use, I only used them in light models anyway and kept to original rxs in seriously heavy ones. Now using Lemon with satelllite in light models with no trouble at all so far

24/05/2020 17:26:10

had just the same symptoms with a whole batch of six Orange receivers, lost signal, even overhead after a few minutes of flying, changed the rx several times, could not believe a whole batch was faulty because they worked ok under test and blamed the transmitter. sent the transmitter for service but of course the same result, eventually claimed a refund from HK which was given without quibble but in the meantime I had about six planes totalled

Thread: Toying with selling up
13/05/2020 18:17:56

Triumph Tiger Cub on Historic Register so no tax, no MOT ,£40 insurance for a year, tyre wear negligible ,bright cothing and headlight on and slow enough to allow others to see you and not kill yourself if you fall off. Lucky that my son can carry my models to the field in his car ,so sorted except in Scotland so limited to flying quad in back garden.

Thread: New Poll - sticky situations.....
27/03/2020 19:37:40

My worst experience was unknowingly getting ca on the heel of my left hand and then using kicker . The ca started boiling and there was nothing I could do about it, Very hot for a few seconds until the glue set but no pemanent burn

Thread: Quick depron build plan needed for home flyer.
26/03/2020 19:33:51

google SEMFF -----southeast michigan foam flyers, hundreds of free plans

regards John

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
24/03/2020 18:27:19

I use a spray called FIRST DEFENCE as soon as I feel a cold coming on and it very effective in preventing the cold progressing further. It is a plant extract and works by coating nose and throat mucous surfaces. Wonder if this would work with covid virus as wel as the cold virus

Thread: Can I or can I not fly?
24/03/2020 17:33:17

Seeing the pictures of the commuters in the underground it is little surprise that the hot spot appears to be London area.. Groups of more than two persons are highly frowned on and model flying should be regarded as very low riskif sensible precautions are followed A visit to a supermarket must be far more risky

Thread: Aviation Funnies
21/03/2020 18:44:12

My old boss was a wireless operator at the end of WW2, one of his anecdotes was

A pilot was court martialled for chasing a WRAF in the nude round the accomodation block

He got off by pointing out that in Kings Regulations it said that an Officer could dress appropriate to the sport engaged in

Thread: Insanity seems to be setting in
13/03/2020 19:29:58

SWIMBO announced we were going into lockdown for two weeks and she was going out for essentials.

Came back with forty rolls of wallpaper!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!