By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graeme Poke

Here is a list of all the postings Graeme Poke has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Dennis Bryant Chipmunk
26/10/2012 07:49:49

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the tips. I have also bought the wood pack and it is very well done and saves a lot of tedious work. I have nearly finished the right wing panel and have made the aileron and flap hinge supports.I can line up the slots cut in the rear spar for the pushrod and the hinge support in the middle of the wing, and the wing tip. However, I presume the half slot in the rear spar at rib no.1 is also for a hinge support but it runs straight into the rear of the rib. Is the plan slightly out, is the rear spar wrong or have I misinterpreted what the is going on? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking further into the build I was intending to install a Saito115. Could be tight. Then if I use the motor beams as per plan I am going to have trouble fitting a suitable tank. How were you powering your model?

Also I thought I would modify the wing hold down bolt arrangement. Usually on my models I have two bolts.

I am also planning to put webbing between the spars. Maybe I am being too careful as I am sure Mr. Bryant would know what is needed better than me.

Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Graeme

25/10/2012 08:53:31

Has anyone scratchbuilt the Db Chipmunk? If so how did it turn out?

Graeme

Thread: Tim's Next Project
11/09/2012 09:52:05

Some suggestionsTim.

Supermarine Spiteful, DH Hornet, Supermarine S.6B or any Schneider trophy plane, Arrow Active.

Cheers Pokey

Thread: Which country is everyone from ?
24/07/2012 09:15:29

Burnie Tasmania, the Island state of Australia and the best, of course!

Cheers Graeme

Thread: Supermarine S6B
08/06/2012 10:23:58

Hugh is this project progressing? I have this plan and it will be my first scratch for more than ten years. Just about finished a YT Spitfire and then this will be next. Very interested to see how yours finishes up. Thanks Graeme

Thread: EDF Vampire T11
07/06/2012 05:43:52

Hi Robin and Frank,

Any progress on the Vampires. I have the same plan and would like to 'give it a bash".

Graeme

Thread: Blackburn Monoplane
27/05/2012 09:54:37

I am very interested in this plane. Has anyone flown one and would it be suitable for electric?

Graeme

Thread: Galaxy Models Chipmunk
16/05/2012 07:48:12

Thanks Andy,

I have looked at your web site and will continue to follow until you complete it. So it should be flying in a month or so or am I being a bit optimistic?

I should mention that I live in Tasmania. However I guess the only thing that will stop me buying a kit is cost. We will see.

Graeme

Thread: Pics from your free RCME plan build
16/05/2012 07:39:55

Enjoying the pictures but for many of them I am finding it frustrating.

I would like to know the names of the planes and if possible what issue they came from.

Have nothing to offer unfortunately but very much enjoying them nonr the less.

Graeme

Thread: Galaxy Models Chipmunk
14/05/2012 08:02:27

I am interested in building a Chipmunk. How did this one end up please?

Regards Graeme

Thread: A very good idea!!!
09/04/2012 10:01:47

Here in good old Tasmania, not that far from NZ, we have that "set up" as well with fire proof benches inside and out. The battery is charged by solar panel and we have our weather station. Vadalism is not a problem because our strip is remote and difficult to find unless you are in the know.

The only problem with the weather station I have noticed is that members often won't "risk it" and have become bit of sooks. The slightest hint of wind seems to put them off. I don't check myself as much now either since I was also wimpying it out at times.

regards Graeme

Thread: Blackhorse Chipmunk 64"
22/02/2012 23:29:15

Me again Simon,

I forgot the sevo query. Age & dementia again!

I am using standard JR servos. Nothing out of the ordinary is needed.

Magpie

22/02/2012 23:24:46

Hi again Simon,

This is one of my favourite models but there are two things I don't like about it.

First the rudder/tailwheel arrangement is not the best and I am still fighting with it.

And second the main undercarriage I found to be weak and constantly bent on landing. Of course, I am not the best pilot in the world so it could be just me. However, I changed to another set of main struts I had in my bin and that problem has been eliminated.

Otherwise it flys well and will do all the aerobatics that I throw at it. Hope yours goes as well.

Magpie

22/02/2012 05:14:43

I have this model powered with a Saito 80. More than enough power and it flies beautifully.

I have used synthetic for years and yes there is a little mess but much better than castor and I can live with it.

Magpie

Thread: Pick a Plane 2011
21/11/2010 07:25:16
DH Hornet
DH Chipmunk

Magpie

Edited By Graeme Poke on 21/11/2010 07:25:49

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us