By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Hogster

Here is a list of all the postings Hogster has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Rx switch
09/02/2010 15:43:34
Wow, thanks for the quick replies.
Thread: Newbie looking for a good scale kit
09/02/2010 15:13:01
I like your determination  Paul. I did exactly what you want to do. This was 12 years ago and advice that has been offered here wasn`t available to me.  Roger Adams post  reminds me of when I first dipped a toe into r/c model flying.

For my first model I built a scale Citabria. I was advised that it would make a good trainer. In fact it was it flew very well. However, after putting so many hours of loving attention during the building process I was so scared of trashing it that it really hampered my training. I got so nervous that I had to give it up and buy myself an ARTF trainer. Unfortunately I had to stop flying for other reasons and have just started up again. But  I still have my Citabria and when I`m confident enough I will get it out of mothballs and enjoy flying it rather than be scared of crashing it.
Thread: Rx switch
09/02/2010 14:52:36
Hi all,

I`ve just replaced the electronics on my 12 year old trainer and when it came to replacing the on/off switch in the fuselage I remembered my instructor advising that there was a right way and a wrong way. If I remember rightly it was correct to have the on position towards the tail end. This reduced the possibility of it being inadvertantly switcjed off. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Thread: Return of the newbie
16/01/2010 08:35:16
Thanks for the welcome guys. Its much appreciated.
Thread: I was married!!!
15/01/2010 20:26:33
My experience tells me to avoid solicitors if you possibly can. They will promise you the earth and after months/years of expensive advice and proceedings you end up giving away the same amount that was asked for in the begining. If you can put aside your feelings of injustice and hurt and accept what is reasonable I bet it would be cheaper in the long run.  I know every case is different but this advice was given to me 12 years ago by someone who had gone through a divorce also and I took absolutely no notice of it.  But oh how I wished I had.

Whatever path you choose there is light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you well.
Thread: Return of the newbie
15/01/2010 13:01:44
Hi all, I have been having a look around the forum before I signed up and I must say I`m very impressed

I started and finished model flying about 1997. I only lasted a few months. I was getting to close to taking my A cert test and then life got in the way and I had to stop.   I kept my trainer, an Aero40 with a SC40 2stroke, I even have some old fuel, (not sure if its still usuable) and I was recently inspired to get it out of the cupboard and see if I could resurrect it. There was a little bit of what I understand is known as "hangar rash". But easily repaired. The Tx and/or Rx  weren`t working properly and despite new batteries I couldn`t get the radio gear working beyond 2 feet range. However, that was a blessing in disguise because I then discovered the wonderful world of 2.4Ghz technology. No more waiting for a free frequency . Anyway, the aero is now kitted out with new gear and although I`ve managed to run the engine for a short while the other day I`m hoping to fine tune it and make it more reliable this weekend.

I`m going to rejoin my local club and start my training from scratch but this time I hope I can last a bit longer
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us