By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for steve 1

Here is a list of all the postings steve 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat
22/08/2019 21:13:34

Today I managed do the maiden on my jet provost, a little windy but no problems, just need a couple of pilots now.

T.N provost

Thanks Tony.

Steve

Thread: Modelflying.co.uk Christmas Advent Competition updates!
09/01/2019 21:10:11

Hi Beth

Had the airbrush that I won (day 11) delivered today, thank you and RCM&E, I will "have a go" at weathering my next warbird once I have finished building it.

Steve Fish

Thread: Government Consultation on Drone Flying in the UK.
23/08/2018 16:13:27

All done.thumbs up

Thread: Lidl XL Glider
18/08/2017 19:11:56

Hi, i have managed to get some video of the piggy back/Carry and departure from the tug.

We could of done with more wind really (don't say that very often) we did try some more towing using Velcro and it did work but we found it more fun and less hassle with the carry method.
Steve
06/08/2017 20:33:02

Thanks Steve

I just made a cradle out of lite ply and ended up with four adjustable steel plates in each corner and an adjustable magnet in the Centre, the one in the Centre is so you can get the tail plane at the correct angle/incidence and you want to make the cradle so you have a negative incidence on the main wings then using flight modes you can keep the servos happy whilst on the cradle and when ready for departure flick switch to normal flight trim and pull up elevator and away the glider comes. The trick to keep the glider attached is to not get the carrying plane going to fast you can have a high angle of attack but not to much speed so adjust climb rate with throttle and before you turn to do a circuit reduce power push down elevator and then turn to keep speed low when in to wind again up the climb rate and add power, great fun. The other photos are in my album.

I will try and get someone to video it next time.

img_3898.jpg

Steve

06/08/2017 18:50:42

HI, i have never tried anything like this before so I followed speedster (soren) with the pitcheron and as i fly from a flat field i tried towing which did happen just needed a swivel on the towing rope then it was suggested to piggy back it but i didn't want to use a servo for release (had to be different) I thought i would have a go at holding it with magnets and after several weekends/modifications am glad to say it is reliable up to approximately 500' before release/break free (the glider get small) i take it up on my little "ace 20" trainer with a super tigre 29 glow, we have had great fun in getting this to work. More photos of it in my album. Steve

img_3827.jpg

Thread: Classic Aerobatic Model Photo Thread
23/05/2017 18:16:08

Thanks Philflyer. I use fine line tape which is like a vinyl tape I have used masking tape before and had the same problems with creeping though I have never tried what Martin has said, the fine line tape I can really recommend it not only gives a great edge but using the 1/4" I was able to go around corners fairly easily the taping around the canopy at the front was done in one continuous piece of tape no joins and no bleed through at all I have some more pictures of it in my album though your not allowed to zoom in to close lol.

2017-05-23 15.06.44.jpg

Steve

21/05/2017 21:07:25

Hi all, well I received my canopy last Wednesday from Vortex and after some cutting and trimming I think it looks ok, I have now finished the model and maiden will be in around two weeks so the paint can harden off before I run the old HP 61.

img_3761.jpg Steve

03/05/2017 19:44:59

Hi Chaps, thanks for all the replies/suggestions. As I said before I had E mailed Vortex Vacforms yesterday and this morning I had a reply complete with photos with measurements on, they do have one which is very close so I am going to order one from them and see how we go.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Steve

02/05/2017 22:16:26

Thanks Kevin I will have a look.

Steve

Just looked and I think you are correct Kevin it will fit/do with some trimming next problem finding some one with one  a quick search say from the states is £41 that will not be happening.

Edited By steve 1 on 02/05/2017 22:28:06

Edited By steve 1 on 02/05/2017 22:29:02

02/05/2017 22:05:01

This is my Slik Fli I have nearly finished I have sprayed it in the same colour scheme my dad did his in years ago I just have the gold strip between the white and red left to do then the painting is finished. I am struggling a little with the canopy I have e mailed vortex vacforms to see if they have anything that may be suitable any body have any other ideas please.

img_3750.jpg

img_3757.jpg

I have more photos in my album with dimensions of the canopy on.

Steve

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
25/12/2016 09:13:04

Yes looks a very nice finish well done Dave. You will notice a big difference in flying it at the new weight.

11/12/2016 21:16:46

Thanks iqon I put the sixth flight on it today just about got the CG where I want it now.

Steve

12/11/2016 12:20:26

HI Redex I was lucky enough to find an brand new unstarted kit it has fibre glass fuz and foam core balsa covered wings and tail plane which I then fibre glassed, it is my first attempt at spraying and am fairly pleased with it but did learn a lot in doing It (my typhoon I painted with a brush) it was also a first in me using paint masks (from flight line graphics) certainly easier than making my own as I did on my typhoon. The power comes from a Jets Munt 140XBL turbine which produces 140N (31.5lbs) of thrust, lights are from braincube.

A link to the maiden its a bit boring being as it was tail heavy I just wanted it to be a safe flight. **LINK**

Steve

11/11/2016 20:51:30

Something a little different this is my provost 20161022_100704.jpgtook me about a year to get to this stage I done the maiden on the 30th November happy to say it went well just a little tail heavy. steve

Thread: Urgent and important petition - Please sign
27/08/2015 21:38:09

Signed

Steve

Thread: jr r1222 powersafe rx
25/02/2015 21:21:43

Just checked the manual and it says the dx7s is compatible with DSM2 so like JL says it will work.

25/02/2015 21:07:41

HI John, as long as the spektrum TX is DSM2 it will be compatible.

Steve

Thread: Powerbox question?
19/08/2014 08:56:46

Hi Scott, i have been using jr 8411, 8511 & 8915 through a powerbox cockpit srs regulated at 5.9v for the last two years without any problems in my hawk (and other planes) but can't say about gyro's as i dont use them. Couple of hawk pics in me album.

Steve

Thread: What shows are peeps planning on going to in 2014?
19/01/2014 19:49:33
Posted by Phil Winks on 19/01/2014 17:37:07:

" I believe theres one at RNAS Yeovilton in feb"

Yes there is it is on the 15th Feb.

Steve

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us