By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Glynn

Here is a list of all the postings Glynn has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replica Spitfire MKix
16/07/2019 20:31:40

3.jpg

16/07/2019 20:31:07

This is a friends of both Richard and myself, Richard is going to test fly it hopefully next week.5.jpg

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
16/07/2019 11:51:06

That looked great Paul, did you take a picture of Richard sweating, never seen him sweat when flying.

15/03/2019 00:05:36

Paul

Many thanks for all your input at our club last night, There has been lots of posts on our facebook page on how the lads really enjoyed the evening. I was at Richards today getting the 190's legs sorted out in hope to stopping it nosing over, so I will be continuing your excellent work on ageing the Fokker. Once again many thanks to you and Richard from the lads at CMFA.

Glynn

06/03/2019 22:31:47
Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 06/03/2019 18:18:26:
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 06/03/2019 15:40:43:

Paul , did you say Clam Day ?

Clam Day ?

Is that an episode of Sponge Bob that I've missed ?

Watch it you... my I remind you of a exhaust with no hole in it...!cheeky

Did Richard tell you he has weaned the boy's off the MOAMS and onto something else which he won't tell us. I can see a bloodbath next time we go round or having to spend a fortune on every sweet in the supermarket. crying

Edited By Glynn on 06/03/2019 22:32:22

06/03/2019 13:47:00
Posted by gillyg1 on 06/03/2019 12:49:50:

Glynn, are these AS3X units , (excuse my ignorance), stand alone gyros, if so would they work with futaba? I know speccy recievers some have it built in gyros, guess this would be away of eliminating ""fish tailing" ?? Being an old fashioned modeller don't do new fangled electronics very well.i

They are 3 axis gyro's with accelerometers so work on the elevator, aileron and rudder and work in heading hold mode or Rate. So they help when the weather interferes with the model. They go between the receiver and servo's and you need an extra channel to switch between HH & Rate and gain, I used it with a Futaba 14SG with one of the rotary knobs so centre was off, CW HH gain and CCW Rate gain. When off the servo signal passed straight thru. several times on my high wing trainer I shut the motor down and with no input from me it was putting elevator in for a perfect glide slope, and a couple of times it was so perfect I let it land on it's own. Spectrum build them into some of their Rx's, not cheap they were £100 plus but very good, much better than the cheap ones from HK. They don't stop you from crashing but do stop fish tailing.

06/03/2019 11:59:52

Paul

I have two AS3X standalone units, your more than welcome to use one. I had one in Tigger and it was better at flying than I was, they are just sat on my shelf doing nothing.

18/01/2019 19:44:37

I went round to Richard's today to see Paul's 109, this time I took MOAMS instead of Haribo's so the lads didn't savage me. I wish they would go back to smoking the wacky baccy. I have come back home GREEN with envy, you should feel as proud as punch Paul, a brilliant looking model, I loved the weathering and the oil stains just add to the realism. It looked as though it had just returned from a dog fight. The sound system, well what can I say, it sounded just like the real thing. I'm now looking forward to seeing it fly. I only hope my Spitfire looks as good as your model when I finish it.

15/01/2019 21:03:54

Didn't want to correct you Paul, I just thought it was due to you looking up high in the sky trying to spot that glider, and not looking at the keyboard.

15/01/2019 19:16:10

All I can say is Wow Paul, That looks stunning, I missed out on the kits, so if the dark lord Wills decides to make more I will be first in line.

17/02/2018 14:24:02

Now I know why they savaged me as soon as I came through the door, It was like a sharks feeding frenzy. I'm diabetic so don't have sweets on me. Looks like I will have to buy some so I can go to Richards without being torn to pieces, my nerves were shot to hell. I thought they had been snorting sherbert dip again.

01/02/2018 22:11:14

OK Ade, I'll do the artwork and then just email when your ready for them. I will be able to get some better pics off the interweb. Paul, you redeemed yourself with calling me a Wizard.

Glynn

01/02/2018 21:58:57

Ade

I can do the decals off those pictures, are you anywhere near needing them or do I have a bit of time ?

Glynn

16/01/2018 22:03:27

As Paul said I have been playing with Spectrum's standalone AS3X Stab unit, I picked up two of these £100+ units and have fitted one in my high wing trainer, it made me look like a fantastic smooth flyer. The damn thing was auto landing, as you throttled back it would feed elevator in so that the glide path was perfect. We are going to try it in one of Richards planes when the weather is better. They are great for when the wind is above your skill level as the plane behaves as its a calm day. P.S. It was totally disconnected when I took my "A" test, that was all me.

Glynn

15/01/2018 15:14:11

If you guy's know of anyone who missed out on the original list, who wants a kit, then we have a very limited number available. First come first served, and one of them is mine. contact us through info@warbirdreplicas.co.uk.

Glynn

30/12/2017 16:32:32

Thanks for the compliment Roger, don't forget chaps if you have a picture of a particular aircraft insignia you want

we will try our best to supply them.

Glynn

Thread: Warbird Replica Spitfire MKix
15/12/2017 22:53:14

I've Just started my Spitfire that I got from Richard at WarbirdReplicas. He told me he would still be producing this Kit for at least another year, I started with the fuselage and I'm still working on the tail. So I will be watching this build for all the tips that I can get. So keep up the good work.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
14/12/2017 14:43:57

Don't forget lad's if you have a specific insignia in mind for your model send me a picture and we will see what we can do. info@warbirdreplicas.co.uk

Never shout at Richard, his two little helpers are still having therapy on Wednesday's from the last time he "Stared" at them. Remember he is a Wizard.

Edited By Glynn on 14/12/2017 14:44:35

04/12/2017 14:30:05

Richard

Mine is The electric powered F/G model.

Have they eaten all of the Chocolate fingers ?

Glynn

02/12/2017 12:18:02

262.jpg261.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us