By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Terry Whiting 1

Here is a list of all the postings Terry Whiting 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Building the Nijhuis Lysander
18/03/2010 09:30:14
Well the iron was a nice thought  KiwiG.
I know what you mean a postage. I have a  daughter, grandchildren, and great grandchilden in Melbourne, Aus.

I'm glad I do not have that worry for space. I have a barn/shed  10mX 8m and in there many years ago I built a room as a dedicated model den.
I think I'm one of the lucky few 
18/03/2010 07:14:29
He you guys,stop talking about things packing up as my damn covering iron has come out in sympathy,.... is  now  kaput. .... still shouldn't complain, it gave years of service.

Before my iron failed I did manage to cover the fuselage, and a lower wing panel.
I'm using Black Satin tex (Old Warden Lyzander colour) which seems to gives the
 Lizzee an agressive look..
The letter and figure work, and roundel I hand painted, but not directly onto the fuselage,
Before  someone asks why paint. ..... I have always enjoyed sign writing.

I cut a strip of tex an inch wider than the lettering, and with the aid of a rule and compass
I pencil in the letters, and in the matter of a hour I have my letters and roundels.
Well the roundels take longer as I do the white first, let that dry then compass in the lines for Red and Blue. ,..

I cut the letters in squares giving a 5mm border. The border is for sealing to the fuselage by ironing, then carefully shrinking with the heat gun.

Hard work ?.... no way.......  I call it job satisfaction   
17/03/2010 17:53:37
Cutting out as soon as you remove your glow start is usually because the plug is naff.

As long as the element is whole, a naff plug will still glow when attached to your glow start,  but with out the platinum coating on the element there will be no catalytic action with the methanol under pressure, hence it stops when removing your glow start.

To my mind a 13X6 on a 48 is over propped, and I'm sure a  3 blade 12X6 is OTT also. 
17/03/2010 06:52:51

MT,

That section of the fuselage directly under the undercarriage I made as a hatch, this houses my servo powered switch and 2 AA batteries for my landing lights. It  makes covering that much easier too.   

Mario will be kindly adding some pictures for me very soon. .                            

Edited By Terry Whiting 1 on 17/03/2010 07:00:09

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us