By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ron Wylie

Here is a list of all the postings Ron Wylie has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Air Retracts and how to store in a raised position
01/08/2018 15:51:19

Thanks for the reply. Sorry but I don't think I made it clear what I want to do. I have used rubber bands in the past but this for when the wings (and therefore air supply) have been removed from the plane. Thanks

01/08/2018 12:11:14

I have several models with Air retracts (Spring down, air up) so when I disconnect the air supply the wheels spring down, which makes it difficult to transport. I need some "gadgets" to keep the wheels in the up postion. Can this be done using a sparklet bulb or are there otherways ?.

Cheap and cheerful would be good as I have several models with this issue.

Many thanks

Thread: Paper Aviation Regal Eagle
23/07/2018 13:33:47

Just had a chance to examine the Regal Eagle kit. It appears that some work has been done on the kit and some of the paper is stained, but think the kit maybe complete. Willing to sell it, cheaply, if anyone wants it???

08/07/2018 13:37:14

Thanks for the replies, good people. Can anyone say what the "New" price was please? Don't think it will go on eBay, even in September.

08/07/2018 13:13:46

Hi Folks,

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have acquired a boxed Paper Aviaition Regal Eagle kit. Not had a chance to examine it yet but think it maybe complete. The problem is, I have no idea what this "vintage" kit is worth. Any advice please? Thanks

Thread: RARE LARGE SCALE RC Dornier Do 335 (Engine front and back)
28/06/2018 05:15:54

335 has now got a new owner - thanks for the interest

19/03/2018 14:33:51

Just acquired a 335 with a wingspan of about 48" and a four servo wing with brushed motors front and rear. It appears to be some kind of "plastic" construction. Does anyone know of which manufacturer this is please? Will get some pictures whn the wind dies down !

Thread: Binding FrSky8 (again?)
03/01/2018 13:24:08

Top man - top tips, many thanks

03/01/2018 12:33:05

Wow, Many thanks to PatMC for the advice. It worked with both V8FT modules and the one V8FR receiver. It does not, however, appear to work with a FrSKY TFR8S receiver, although not really concerned as I know have a working set up. Is there a different method for the TFR8S.

great forum, great people. Thank you

02/01/2018 19:32:22

thanks again Denis... will get a third hand tomorrow and update results

02/01/2018 17:33:11

Hi Denis, thanks for your reply. Tried that with same result

02/01/2018 16:18:33

frsky 2.jpgGot a Futaba T9CP Tx with a FrSky V8FT 2.4 module and trying to bind to a FrSky V8FR Rx. So far tried

Switch on TX whilst holding down bind button on model, wait for the beep and release button. red light flashes (fast)

Hold down bind button on RX, switch on - red and green light flash (fast)

NO BIND

What am I doing wrong please? frsky 1.jpg

Thread: DeAgostini Radio Controlled Spitfire
07/07/2017 16:39:14

Sorry to all of the unsucessful enquiries, decals went to Martin, the first one to respond. Thanks for all the interest

28/06/2017 06:12:53

As part of a "shed find" I have the decals, (issue No 52) if anyone would like them (for cost of postage)

Thread: Priory Models Silhouette
18/12/2016 11:56:36

I have a Silhouette for sale . It's about 3/4 built and has all of the "extra's" (cowl, u/c legs, tail wheel etc.) and the wood parts to complete it. The wings are in need of some attention as some areas of the veneer has come loose but other than that it's well built and in good condition. Offers ?

Thread: Can anyone ID this motor please ?
06/05/2015 14:49:09

Thanks to all the replies and it looks like PatMc has got it right (thanks). I have wired up an Rx and when I turn on all I get is a Dar Dit sound and as soon as I move the throttle forward I get what can only be described as an alarm (or a very fast Police Siren) and the motor vibrates a little. Any Clues please ? This is it

Cyclon Plug and Fly 40 moteur brushless electronic model

05/05/2015 19:54:16

Has anyone ever seen an electric motor with built in ESCdcp04365.jpg as per the attached pic ? The 3 core control wire goes to the throttle on the Rx and the 2 thick wires go straight to the lipo. No BEC. Seems strange to me so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Thread: RealityCraft PlaneMaster CD Required
16/12/2012 15:29:20

I have the RealityCraft PlaneMaster (and expansion CD) but unfortunately have misleaid the original CD so the simulator won't work. Does anyone have a CD (with code) please?

Thread: Servo replacement for acro wot foam e?
20/11/2012 17:44:17

I damaged mine on my AcroWot (tripped and knocked the aileron, not crashed). I removed the servo, just enough so that I could get to the screws underneath and removed the top. (that way there was no danger of disconnecting the extension lead). It was obvious which gear was damaged and so I replaced the gears with some from a servo from a previous damaged (crashed this time) Wot4 foamie. Job done.

Thread: Wot 4 Foamie - New Motor Required
15/11/2012 17:32:45

I fitted one of the XYH35x36 and a new 40A ESC to my Wot4 and on a well used 3S 2200mAh it flew OK but not any better than the original motor. The next time I flew it I used a new 2200mAh 3S nano-tech battery and cooked the motor after about 4 minutes (it smells burnt !). GS state that this motor is not suitable for the Wot4 Foamie and definitely not 11" props so be careful before you spend your money.

reply (edited) from GS

I think motor is rather small in terms of power output for a Wot 4. it's current rating of 25 amps equates to around just 262 watts. (25amps running current X an ON LOAD lipo voltage of about 10.5 volts)

What size prop was fitted? Its possibly been running far too hot, magnets may have become detached as a result, or the windings may be cooked. It's possible to use a larger diameter prop when operated with 2S lipo.

Did you measure the motor current with an all in one meter and the prop you fitted? I've seen the incredibly optimistic reviews regarding the use of 11 inch props for this small motor...they are wrong.

You may also find that your ESC has been damaged as a result of the motor drawing excessive current.(speculation)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us