By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Balaam

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Balaam has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: edf tube
03/12/2019 09:38:07

I've used this program successfully to produce a thrust tube template, very useful.

**LINK**

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
22/11/2019 19:04:58

After a lot of effort and frustration I think I've managed to recover my Horus X12S back to OpenTX successfully, just have to put my Models, custom sounds and Model Images back on. To cut a long story short I flashed FRSKY OS back to the Transmitter then installed the last known good OpenTX version V2.2.4 again.

I would like to thank everybody who contributed their help and advise it was very much appreciated.

Thread: How do you attached to those solid inners on snakes?
22/11/2019 15:37:46

I've used one of these for years I believe metric ones used to be available

**LINK**

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
21/11/2019 15:49:30

After many hours a small success today. Managed to revert back to the Original FROS.

Bound it an X8R Receiver and once again no PWM outputs.

Re flashed the Rx with a slightly older Firmware and the system now looks like it's operating normally

Next step is to update to OpenTX 2.3.2 as I had before I'll steer clear of the 2.3.2 update for now as I'm convinced this is the cause of the original problem

20/11/2019 20:22:46

Hi Bob

I've done everything you have described above checking and double checking each move.

I hooked a Rx Output checker to my X8R and found the Tx is outputting SBUS signals but there is nothing on the PWM pins. I also bound to an S6R and got it to work from the PWM outputs so the plot thickens.

I thought I would try reverting to FROS but this process doesn't work either.

If you have a normal X series Receiver could I ask if you could see if it outputting fro the PWM pins ?

I'm still thinking something happened on the Rf Board

20/11/2019 15:30:57

Latest update.

Took the CMOS battery out of the X12s for several minutes to hopefully clear memory.

Reverted back to OpenTx V2.2.4 on the Tx and re flashed an X8R Rx with latest firmware.

Companion Profile Settings = Horus X12S, No Heli, Lua, EU, Default Stick =2, Channel Order = TAER, RF=XJT(D16)

Transmitter seems to be doing everything it should do

I manged to bind with an X8R I'm getting RSSI and Rx Battery Telemetry but no drive to the servo's, I put a Rx tester on the Rx and found there is SBUS output but absolutely nothing on the PWM outputs. I also bound to an S6R Rx and there are outputs on the PWM pins the S6R doesn't have an SBUS connection.

Next step would be to revert back to the FROS to see if that helps then back to OpenTX I'd welcome members thoughts on that. I'm really just wandering if the 2.3.2 update has somehow been affected the RF board? maybe a reversion to FROS may help in this respect

20/11/2019 11:06:00

I agree with Ron the update notes say 2.3.2 suitable for both Access and non Access Tx's. On the X10s the RF board needs replacing to get Access I'm not aware of any X12S upgrade being available yet. I use mainly X8R, X6R, S6R and S8R Rx's non of which can be updated to Access yet as far as I'm aware.

20/11/2019 09:16:04

All my X Series RX's are kept to the latest firmware . It also seems that after trying to bind with the updated Tx the Rx swill not go back in to bind mode. Very puzzling at the moment.

Today I'm going to try two things, first remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes from the main board and try again, if that fails revert back to Frsky OS and then back to a known good OpenTx version.

19/11/2019 20:23:04

Hi Chris

Yes done everything you suggested.

I have also noted in system settings on first switch on, Country code = USA and Tx mode is Mode 1 even though EU box is checked in Companion and Mode 2 TAER.

19/11/2019 19:55:04

Hi Barry, Yes I've done OpenTx updates many times in the past with no problems.

I've cross checked and done the update several times today with the same results

19/11/2019 19:15:33

HELP I THINK I'VE Bricked MY HORUS

Tried to Update my X12S firmware today from V2.2.4 to 2.3.2.

The Tx will now not bind to my X Series Receivers, the channel mappings are incorrect and will not recognise a change to Mode 2 from Mode 1.

I reverted back to V2.2.4 which was working perfectly and the Tx is still showing the same issues as above.

Can anybody help and advise I've spent hours trying to fix with no luck.

Steve B

Thread: Looking for servo tester with current measurement
17/11/2019 12:15:59

I looked at the ST8 very closely in my humble opinion it won't give you any more functionality than a standard cheap tester, it's got lots of bells and whistles but doesn't provide a current reading. I have however ordered one of their M8 chargers, it has a built in Servo Tester ( no current readout) and a variable output power supply as well.

15/11/2019 11:16:10

There is one available here on Ebay at **LINK** if your quick

13/11/2019 11:31:25

I don't know of a combined servo tester with current draw measurement but I use the following which I find indispensable. **LINK**

Thread: Catapult Build for Ducted Fan Models
10/11/2019 19:47:57

Have a look here **LINK**

Thread: LUA script
04/11/2019 10:39:59

I've been flying with a Neuron 80 for a while successfully with no problems

I did have a problem (probably me) with setting the throttle end points up though

If someone could write how to set up the throttle for fixed wing in BLHeli it would be of great help ad benefit.

Thread: Kings Lynn Model Shop
15/10/2019 14:45:45

I will give the same response as I gave in March last year.

"Great service unless you live in Northern Ireland were they refuse to make the effort to post or courier items."

In response to Denis Watkins post of 12 March 2018.

I purchased an aerobatic kit from them a few years ago they refused to ship to Northern Ireland, in the end they posted the kit to a friend in West Sussex who then posted it to me in NI. At a later date I wanted to purchase an OS Brushless Motor they flat out refused to ship to Northern Ireland hense my post above. I no longer bother with them as a Hobby supplier, there are also a couple of other UK based suppliers who I will not deal with for similar reasons but are not the subject of this post.

Thread: VQ Models Cap 10 60 Size
23/09/2019 17:25:40

Thank you to everybody who posted to my thread, appreciated.

Looking more closely at the diagrams there has to be access to the fuselage to install the wing bolts, so the decision is to buy one. I just hope there is space available for a decent LiPo.

23/09/2019 12:55:06

Hi Denis

Thanks for your input appreciated. The picture you post is the TopModel item and I've just had an email from them confirming the top doesn't remove. However when you look at the VQ models version which is a different colour scheme it's looks like it does. The only place that has the VQ item is in Germany so I don't want to order then find out afterwards I can't fit and remove the batteries.

23/09/2019 10:51:29

Does anyone know if the VQ Models Cap 10 1500 mm Wingspan models hav a removable Canopy/ Top hatch so as to enable battery change of LiPo batteries.

I'm thinking of purchasing one for electric conversion but details are difficult to find

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us