By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Balaam

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Balaam has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Computer help saving onto another drive help please
22/04/2016 20:14:09

I have a network enabled hard drive, they are sub £100 now for 1TB or even 2TB at PCworld, Tesco etc. I plug mine into my Wi-Fi Router and put all of my Documents, PDFs, Photo's Video's etc. on the drive . I can access the files from my PC, Laptop, Tablet and Phone from anywhere and works a treat.

Steve B

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
22/04/2016 11:57:56

English Electric Lightning and Hawker Hunter like the old Flair kits for 40 size moitors

Thread: FrSky Taranis - user chat
20/04/2016 15:42:03

At the moment you could reprogram the LBT Rx to the same firmware as your other RXs.

I have been informed recently (but can't verify) that after June of this year there will be a firmware block on all new Rxs which will not allow you to go back to the EU standard firmware, which means new Rxs will be only operable on LBT standard firmware.

20/04/2016 12:46:08

Hi

Unfortunately yes, the TX and Rx have to have compatible firmware.

I don't know if using an external plug in RF module may be a work around.

It's not a difficult job to change the firmware on the TX or RX. Feedback from the LBT firmware seems positive.

Thread: Documentation for OpenTX 2.1
17/04/2016 10:47:57

Excellent piece of work, many thanks for this.

Just what the Taranis Users have been waiting for.

Steve B

Thread: EPP Foam Kit of a Avro Vulcan B2
12/04/2016 09:11:55

I've been on the waiting list for the best part of a year, I've not had any communication for several months so have given up hope I'll get one.

Steve B

Thread: NGH GT17cc petrol engine starting issues
19/02/2016 18:20:53

I bought an NGH 25cc Petrol engine which was difficult to start and wouldn't run properly.

Just Engines diagnosed the timing was out 12 Deg since timing has been reset it runs and starts nicely.

I purchased a timing set up kit and now check every engine before running for first time.

Might be worth checking timing is set I believe 28Deg before TDC

Thread: Multi bolt prop what do you do?
05/10/2015 21:07:29

I'm not a big fan of multibolt fitting so have modified my DLE30 with one of these, not yet tested yet though

**LINK**

Steve B

Thread: Dusty Cropsprayer
25/09/2015 08:35:42

I came across this website a while ago might be of use

**LINK**

Thread: Recommend me a covering material
08/06/2015 22:50:18

Profilm every time, I use cover grip to seal edges as well

Thread: New Tony Nijhuis BAe Hawk EDF
16/05/2015 08:40:24

With respect to the hook position for bungee launch. I have built several EDFs for bungee launch in the past. My rule of thumb was to mount the hook 2/3rds. of the way between the nose and the CG. That way models come off the ramp in a nice flat attitude to pick up flying speed. The hook attachment area need to be substantially strong to take the loads I use to inlay a substantial ply or wood plate in the desired area

Hope this helps

Steve B

Thread: Maddog Designs UK
04/03/2015 11:35:53

Hi

Yes Maddog Designs are still in business.

I spoke to Richie on the phone recently and he said that the web site had suffered a technical malfunction and crashed and should be up and running again soon after a rebuild

Hope this helps

Steve B

Thread: current draw
27/02/2015 12:21:03

Get yourself one of these works very well

**LINK**

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
19/10/2014 13:08:26

I have used the program cone layout before to calculate the template required, I believe it will also add construction tabs to aide assembly, please look at **LINK**

Another idea, when you have the template cut out would be to cut two ply/balsa discs separated the correct distant by a dowel and use this as a forming tool to construct your efflux tube around

Steve B

15/10/2014 12:22:37

Hi Vulcan builders

To form a template for the jet efflux pipes look on the internet for a "Truncated Cone Calculator"

There are many one example is depicted at **LINK**

Hope this helps

Steve B

Thread: Rotoflow fuel tanks
06/10/2014 12:37:58

Hi Jon

These tanks are no longer available in UK, I've just sold one through BMFA as did another flyer.

I got mine from **LINK** only took a week to arrive.

Hope this helps

Steve B

Thread: Folland Gnat Build
23/09/2014 07:11:13

Hi Steve

I'm looking to build one of these but am considering installing a brushless motor

Could I ask if there is a canopy moulding available or are you going to shape one out of foam

Regards

Steve B

Thread: Have I killed my Taranis?
19/09/2014 20:17:53

I think this item will provide an elegant solution for your problem

**LINK**

Steve B

Thread: SEBART importers/distributers
20/07/2014 12:54:08

From what I understand Area 51 had to close because of the ill health of the owner, all their stock was sold to Kings Lynn Models. I don't know if Kings Lynn will now become the main distributor of Seb Art. Unfortunately Kings Lynn absolutely refuse to ship goods to me in N. Ireland and other Northern parts of UK which is a bit of a pain, I will be going to Bill at Dumfries for future Seb Art purchases.

Steve B

20/07/2014 10:51:56

Hi Ben

Give **LINK** a call. I bought a Seb Art PC-21 from him he was very helpful

Regards

Steve B

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us