By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Steve Balaam

Here is a list of all the postings Steve Balaam has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: These Ads Are Driving Me Mad!
18/07/2014 10:27:31

Hi Percy

I'm sorry ABP didn't work have you checked it's installed ok?

There should be a Red stop sign labelled ABP in the lower right of the browser screen

Click on the stop sign and then check for updates

In Settings check Language = ABPindo+easylist

I also selected Disable everywhere and haven't seen an Ad since

Regards

Steve B

17/07/2014 21:50:41

Hi Percy

Try ADBlock Plus **LINK**

Since using this I don't get pestered with unwanted Ads

I have a very small performance hit using it but it's worth it to not get ads popping up all the time

Regards

Steve B

Thread: Desperately seeking M3 Ball links - Quick release ones
14/07/2014 15:19:31

Hi Jez

Are these what your looking for ?

**LINK**

Don't know where to get them in UK I was living in Canada last time I purchased some

Steve B

Thread: Taranis Tx with Spektrum/Orange Rx's
27/05/2014 19:36:38

Hi Andy

I've used this module and bound and flown it to Spectrum RX's no problem havn't tried it with Orange RX's.

The Taranis TX needs to be set to work with the External Module this is found within the individual model memory you wish to use the module with. Only downside is the second aerial sticking out of the back it.

Hope this helps

Steve B

Thread: Free Glue Grab Weekend
23/05/2014 12:39:05

Could you add my name please

Thread: CAA prosecutes flyer
05/04/2014 11:41:29

Dear Fellow Modellers

It's is not often I get drawn into any forum debate about inappropriate behaviour in our hobby but here is my two pence worth. I have been concerned for some years now that individuals with no knowledge or experience in our hobby can go to any shop retailer or online store and purchase cheap Chinese rubbish that in many cases even experienced flyers find difficult to operate. Indeed anybody can purchase some very sophisticated equipment now by just opening their wallet.

I wander how many individuals up and down the country are attempting to operate various types of model aircraft, FPV and UAVs untrained, unsupervised and uninsured I'm surprised that there have been so few reports of injuries and property damage and it's my view that it's only a matter of time before we see a fatality. I have personally approached our governing body a few times over the years and asked for advise and help with dealing with particular safety issues within the confines of a club and find them to be fence sitters and of no particular value, I treat them purely as my insurance provider through my club now. It's a huge worry to me that in the near future I will no longer be able to participate in my chosen pastime because of the actions of these individuals effectively closing our hobby down.

This thread is discussing one particular incident that has been acted upon by the authorities, but in my opinion this incident is probably only the tip of a rather large iceberg. Many of us know that this country as we once knew it is broken, we just have to browse through these threads to read about forum members discussing their interactions with other so called modellers and the public and the change in attitudes that have occurred in our society. It seems to me the country is full of individuals participating in many sports and hobbies who have the attitude of “I can do what I want, when I want and bear no responsible for my actions” I apologise to those people who do behave in a responsible way of which I count myself as one, but we will be the losers in the near future when eventually we will have no hobby left to participate in as it will be banned because of the individuals who fall into the “irresponsible” category.

Thread: Cutting a YT Spitfire fibreglass cowl
31/03/2014 15:50:16

many thanks to everyone that responded

Makes me appreciate the workmanship I see in some airplanes.

Must admit I'm not looking forward to doing this part of the construction

Steve B

30/03/2014 15:50:09

Hi

I have a 72" YT Spitfire which I'm considering converting to electric.

I would like to make the top half of the cowl above the exhaust stubs removable to get access to batteries etc.

Anybody got any hot tips or sources on how to neatly separate a cowl and how to make it removable without blowing off in flight.

Many thanks

Steve B

Thread: plans wanted
17/03/2014 21:49:25

Tony Nijuis will be releasing some Avro Vulcan plans in the near future.

**LINK**

Steve B

Thread: It's the grand pre-Xmas (better stuff than normal) giveaway!
20/12/2013 11:51:12

Add me to the list please.

Merry Christmas to all

Steve B

Thread: Petrol (Gas)Tanks
26/11/2013 11:07:13

Hi Gerd

This product is no longer available in the UK.

I had to purchase one from the USA, the combined purchase price, postage and import tax made it an expensive purchase. Took about three weeks to arrive, I haven't used it yet I hope it's as good as it says on the web site.

**LINK**

All the best

Steve B

Thread: Free stuff weekend
04/10/2013 08:35:22

The building jig would come in handy for my winter build project, a retro f3A plane

Thread: Won't supply to Scotland - Kings Lynn for a start, but who else?
18/01/2013 10:12:21

Kings Lynn models wouldn't deliver to my post code address in Northern Ireland either. In my opinion If they can't provide the same service as most other suppliers in these difficult economic times they don't deserve our custom.

Steve B

Thread: Photo copying
01/02/2011 18:18:17
I recently built a Graham Dorshell Kyten from plans.

I used a very small amount of parrafin lamp oil on a rag and it worked a treat.

The lamp oil didn't affect the plan in any way, I was able to build the second half wing easily, after a couple of weeks the parrifin oil dissapears and the plan looks normal with no damage.

Steve B
nova Scotia
Canada
Thread: Bungee launch
10/01/2011 13:44:51
Hi Jez

I've been using this stuff from Hobby King to launch my EDF's with success. I use one length doubled with appropriate fittings works great and is very cheap. I bought two and made a spare.

Steve B
Halifax
Nova Scotia
Canada
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CADMA
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us