By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bill_B

Here is a list of all the postings Bill_B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is there a problem with the DX6
06/03/2017 12:40:18

Thanks for your support Denis, poor old Bill has obviously touched a nerve with the collective, but he has broad shoulders. wink

05/03/2017 21:07:26

Spot on Percy, and it was the 'single' rx version I was referring to, but I also use the standard and telemetry rx's.

I have also previously used the same brand on 35mhz without issue.

05/03/2017 13:48:57

It's widely known that Spektrum equipment has had issues from the beginnng of the 2.4 era and continues to do so as confirmed by reports on various forums, this one included. My view is that a manufacturer who relies on satellite receivers can't be too sure about the reliability of the radio link in the first place!

I own 2 German radio sets which I've had since the advent of 2.4 and neither use satellite receivers, nor have I experienced a model crashing due to signal loss, or even experienced from so called 'brown outs'.

Having said that, I do use Spektrum for small models due to the compatibility with a lot of Horizon Hobbies BNF models.

Thread: Sharkface
05/03/2017 12:03:43
Posted by David Davis on 05/03/2017 10:31:34:

Do you think that a Mills 75 would fly one?

Absolutely! The original Sharkface was designed for motors between .8cc - 1.5cc

Thread: Shoreham AAIB Report Published
04/03/2017 09:39:28
Posted by Geoff Jackson on 03/03/2017 23:04:22:

Everyone's forgetting that this pilot was criticised the year before for cavalier flying at the Southport airshow. Smoke and mirrors and I know the AAIB cant apportion blame but lets see what the coroner now reports at the inquest.

Geoff, I'm sure nobody is forgetting, but if he was deemed a serious liability he'd have been grounded without hesitation. He wasn't. Also, I don't like apportioning blame so easily when there are question marks over many issues.

03/03/2017 16:32:50
Posted by Peter Miller on 03/03/2017 14:33:09:

Basically too slow, too low.

I think that was determined early on Pete, but what amazes me is the very poor state of the compressor blades and stators. I.E., the surface corrosion (not damage due to the crash) that is quite apparent in the photos supplied by R-R.

Thread: Dynam Hurricane
28/02/2017 14:43:21

Hi Geoff, I lifted this off the RCGroups web site; "I added weight to the nose inside the plastic vent ..can't remember how much .. but I balanced at 60mm cause my pals one was real tail heavy at 70 . I'm using a 2200 ..gives good 7mins of flight .. watch out on take off for left torque ..she doesn't like to be rolled out on high power"

There is a lot more info over there on the Dynam Hurricane thread so it could be well worth a gander.

Edited By Bill_B on 28/02/2017 14:43:55

Thread: MPX Pico conversion
27/02/2017 21:56:34

Not being electronics minded It's still all double Dutch to me.

27/02/2017 14:58:29

Well done Pete, a good project well done. thumbs up

As António says, could you to post a simple 'how to do it' for others to emulate? Especially for those (like myself) that aren't too electronics savvy. smiley

Thread: Sharkface
24/02/2017 17:26:39

Here's an electric powered all Depron Sharkface I made a few years ago. The eyes and teeth were inlays of white Depron with the red lips simply painted on.

fullsizerender.jpg

Having built two original single channel (Macgregor) Cox .049 powered Sharkfaces back in the 70's, the 3 Channel leccy version was a bit bland by comparison!

Thread: Greenacres 2017
24/02/2017 08:08:19

Any thoughts on a mass launch yet? I enjoyed the Radjet event a couple of years ago. Maybe a Shark(face) fest?

Or the Hobbyking Tundra? There seem to be an aweful lot of these about and they'd make an ideal candidate for some low level antics. Just a thought.....

Thread: More Re-visited RCM&E Designs
18/02/2017 20:11:30

A very simple and quick build would be the 'Vertigo II' by Frank Van Den Bergh. It would be a good candidate for electric power too as the whole top decking could easily be made into a battery hatch. An Eflite Power 52 (590 KV) should be man enough to haul it about in a reasonably quick manner.

Thread: Mode 1 or Mode 2
10/02/2017 17:07:57

Which style/mode is best? Check out past and present aerobatic champions and you'll find all types represented. wink

Thread: EFX all around flyer
08/02/2017 13:39:48

I understand Andy, but the Chinese are well known for copying just about anything invented in the rest of the wide world, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, apart from vote with our wallets of course, and not many of us will do that if a bargain is to be had.

08/02/2017 13:35:49

Thanks for the heads-up Josip, it looks a respectably fast foamie at a fair price so I've ordered one to replace my long departed Multiplex Dogfighter. wink

08/02/2017 13:30:09

Agreed It does look similar, but when all said and done isn't imitation is the greatest form of flattery? Good designs often get copied and two that spring to my mind are the Jart and Dreamflight's Alula, but in the great scheme of things does it really matter? Maybe the the original EFX was marketed with full approval so why get annoyed?

08/02/2017 13:02:12

Really? Which particular design was copied?

Thread: Latest WOT 4
05/02/2017 15:56:56

Huh! No Leccy option. angry

Thread: What's the main radio brand you use 2017?
03/02/2017 18:23:45

Had a few makes in my time and in chronological order they are; Macgregor, Horizon, Acoms, Sanwa, Futaba, JR, Spektrum and currently Multiplex.

Thread: Diesel Crackdown
28/01/2017 20:46:27
Posted by john stones 1 on 28/01/2017 20:02:28:

They should triple your road tax, to fund NHS dealing with all the damage you've done to people through "passive " inhalation.

John

Hmm, then maybe the majority of the NHS ambulances shouldn't be diesel so they don't cause any further damage to the patients victims they're picking up? cheeky

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Subscribe now
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!