By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robert Parker

Here is a list of all the postings Robert Parker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What camera are you using?
26/09/2012 17:33:36

Hi all,

I have been using a Sony A77 SLT since January this year and before that a Sony A350 with lenses from a sigma 10 -20mm up to my Sigma 150 - 500mm. I take static shots og my mew byuilt aircraft in the garden either with the 10 - 20 or either my Carl Zeiss 16 - 80 or my Sony 16 - 50mm sst.

A few of my fleet

dsc02529 (1280x853).jpg

All Revved Up

Galaxy Jet Provost

I don't have any flying shots yet. I will one day.

I also enjoy full size photography at the Swansea Airshow and below are a couple of shots from the last couple of shows

Sorry I cannot seem to download direct from my PC I do not understand how to do it. Pity i had some nice shots. I'll have to make an album and then get back.

Regards

Robert

Thread: Would you ever bid on an ad like this?
26/09/2012 16:51:40

No, I would not buy this.

If the seller can't be bothered to show you the product clearly they why should you buy it..

Thread: B25 Mitchell. Can anybody Help Me
25/09/2012 02:55:31

'thank you for the advice, I have located and bought a set of plans / instructions (my plans are very yellow and faint).

Also i have found a lot and of info and photos from RCU a big help to see a build as well as some tips.

As for the building board I'll check out the forum as well as the instructions when they arrive.

Thanks again for the advice

Robert

24/09/2012 21:58:58

Thanks both for getting back to me so promptly.

I have spent time today going through the plans and parts and generally for the most of the build I think I've got it sorted in my head but the building of the wings is a bit of a puzzle, being a gull wing something I had not realised until I looked at the plans.

In my mind I thought I would make the individual panels and then fit the dihedral braces.

However, after looking at Alan's suggestion of the RCMF forum, although they had no threads, there I tried a general search on the web and found some photos from a modeller from Spain who appeared to have made the wing in one go, supporting the wing as required. I'm not too sure about this method being balanced on various items.

wingspan 1800mm (6 feet)

Length 1370mm ( 4 feet 8 inches)

Weight 4.5 - 4.8 kg (8-10lbs)

According to the plans upto 12 functions!!! 6 or 7 will do me.

I must admit that this was not my first choice, but as it is in kit form all I need to get is the retracts and servos. My first choice was a Bristol Beaufighter by Tony Nijhuis again 6 feet in span but all I have is the plan, canopies and cowls and of course the same engines will fit.

24/09/2012 10:23:25

Hi all.

I have recently purchased on e-bay a Marutaka B25 an aircraft I want to build soon. On opening the box and checking all the contents were present along with the plans, I noticed that there were no building instructions. I contacted the seller who was a very helpful gentleman who came back to me saying that this kit did not have any building instructions as all the information is on the plans, which is true. He went onto say that when Royal took over Marutaka they included building instructions.

My intensions are to fit retracts and flaps, power is by a pair of MkIV Irvine 46's. Is there anybody outhere with any experience of this kit as I cannot find any thrteads.

This will be my first IC twin

Regards

Robert

Thread: Flair Kite MK4
24/09/2012 09:54:44

I'd just like to say that the KIte is an excellent choice of trainer. I passed my "A" cert with my MK1 Kite then made by ATS. Before buying the kite I had gone through several trainers, none gave me more confidence than the Kite, it goes where you put it and it can take a knock or two and is easly repairable. I put 4" wheels on mine due to the ground conditions at my patch.

I hope you enjoy building and flying yours as much as I did. I would'nt mind getting another one.

Regards

Robert

Thread: Be honest! How many unstarted kits do you have?
31/03/2012 22:03:18

Am the only one toadmit to be addicted to ebay. I have a flair Black Magic, a flair Patriot, flair Bristol fighter (the build frightens me a bit), flair DV!II, flair SE5a, flair Astro Hog (next to be built will start in the next month) flair Legionaire (parts missing) flair Cub in covering stage does this count), topflite P40 warhawk, topflite corsair gold edition, Carl Goldberg gentle lady, Cambrian Mig 15, Cambrian Hawker Hunter, Cambrian ME109 funfighter, Cambrian Spitfire funfighter plus the larger Mk 9, Galaxy models Chipmunk, CAP Beaver, Bristol Beaufighter 72" 9 maybe later this year. Global Cessna 172 skylane

Also I have the following built but unflown kits / plan built plans; flair Harvard, flair patriot, Cambrian Mk 24 spitfire (just finished this one), 72" Lancaster, Premier / Aerotech 66" Tiger Moth, Cambrian Hawker Hunter. flair puppeteer (must be 15 years old now since built, buried in the cupboard)

I must admit I haven't flown for a least 4 years and not stopped building. i now need to fly again to make space for more, I mean to clear the backlog.

Thread: Cambrian MK 22/24 Spitfire
05/02/2012 09:00:53
Thanks Alan, that's a good idea with the weight on the prop.
04/02/2012 22:30:02
Hi All,
I have all but finished the Spitfire, covered, painted weathered and finally balanced AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. I NEED TO ADD 900g to the nose (almost 2lbs in old money).

Having had concerns about the current draw of the retracts I have upgraded the Rx battery from 4.8V 2500mAh to 6.0v 5000mAh and strapped this beast to the most foreward point of the tank bay. I have added the lead from the church roof and bolted it to the front of the engine mount ( I have never added so much weight to a plane before in the last 20 years) but it does now balance.

Do I change the OS 61FX for a 91FX, same weight but an extra horse. The instructions claim that the prototype weighed in at 8lbs 8oz mine tips the balance with the extra lead at just over 10lbs.

Has anyone built one of these planes?
How did yours turn out?

I'd love to hear your comments

Regards
Robert
Thread: Flair Scout Series.
04/02/2012 22:16:34
Hi Max,

I have built several of the Flair kits, the first of which was a Magnatilla, which i built on a piece of plywood 12" x 48" on my parents setee back in 1993. I still fly it today. The Magnatilla has a two piece wing and is joined after both wing panels have been built this is due to the dihederal which applies to most of the flair kits with the exception of the Barronette which has three flat wings, I can assume that the same applies to the DR1.

The SE5a which you want to build as stated above is built in three sections per wing two outer panels and a centre section.

I can understand a lack of space for building and experienced first hand.

I love the Flair kits and find them a joy to build and fly. To date i have built the following, Magnatilla, Puppeteer, Barronette, Astro Hog, Patriot and Harvard. I have waiting to be built, Bristol Fighter, Astro Hog, Patriot, DVII, SE5a and an just about to start building with my daughter a Cub

Hope I have been of some help
Regards
Robert

Thread: OS 61FX
07/11/2011 20:54:19
Thanks Martin for a very prompt reply.

Regards
Robert
07/11/2011 18:19:33
Hi All,
Can anyone help me.

I have bought an "New" OS 61FX on Ebay. It has arrived without instructions and the seller did not have them.

I want to install it in my Cambrian MK24 Spitfire, now at painting stage.

Can anyone tell me what size prop to use.

Regards
Robert
Thread: Fournier plan error - July Issue 2011
05/06/2011 17:01:18
Yep me too, two fuselage sides
Thread: Cambrian MK 22/24 Spitfire
05/06/2011 16:25:49
Hi All,
I have started building the Cambrian MK 22/24 Spitfire, which I bought on Ebay a few years ago, and all is going well so far.

Has anyone out there built one and flown one, I cannot find any kit reviews and would welcome any comments and advice from fellow builders.

I am fitting E-flights electric retracts (60 size) and modifying the wing with split flaps and putting an SC61 up front.

Thread: Pick a Plane 2011
17/11/2010 21:52:45
Yep a VC10 would be fantastic, even better with those massive flaps!

or

how about a Lockheed Constellation, 4 motors, triple fins, and a banana shaped fus

or

a Short Stirling if you want a warbird
Thread: The Nijhuis 72" Lancaster
08/07/2010 17:55:26
Thanks Tim, I must add that I do have one large battery, to be positioned as per drawing, and four ESc's which i have "Y" leaded together, plus UBEC.
I have looked at the link that you kindly provided although only twins are shown, I assume it would be just a case of mirror imaging the other two.

I just wanted to make sure before connecting the battery and somthing starting to smoke.

Regards
Robert
07/07/2010 22:05:44
Can anyone help me?
I'm building Tony's first lanc with some mods from his latest version.
I have bought the brushless setup as reccommended. Could anyone please tell me the correct way to wire the motors. When I originally built the airframe back in 2002 I wired it for speed 400's the then setup. I have not yet covered the model. This is my first attempt at brushless.

Robert
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us