By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for gliggsy

Here is a list of all the postings gliggsy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The final straw.Spectrum doubts
06/03/2016 22:30:52

Hi guys, I do have a dx6i as a back-up,my first tx, which I haven't had any signal issues with, this is what prompted me to buy the 7 which is a dangerous piece of kit or at least mine is, also had a totally reliable Tom-Tom for 8years, never lost signal until it got stolen but don't get me started on the garmin which merely gets me lost on a regular basis......grrrrrrr

06/03/2016 20:16:18

or it could be me that's jinxed......Jonah

06/03/2016 20:14:54

Hi guys, thought at first it may have been a tx battery problem (lipo alternative) but voltage good at 7.4 . genuine rx's,both installed on small ie30" w/span foam models, nothing binding and no brown out flashing from rx. Checked on deck after event and only about 20' or less range. Motors went dead, into failsafe and both planes turned turtle from about 30' up and 100' out..........Garmin loses signal about 3 times per hour for anything up to 15 mins totally useless........Glyn

06/03/2016 18:51:10

Hi guys, just back from the field having 2 planes 'go in', not best pleased. Now, when I started flying about ten years ago, most of my crashes I could attribute to myself, either poor flying, loss of orientation, poor installation etc etc but as I have progressed there have been times when the reasons for crashing haven't been as clear, quite a few of ' what happened there' unexplained crashes. Today I lost signal on two planes with no obvious reason, both ended in tears, I have read other threads on here berating Spectrum equipment and have suspected mine for the last two years. I am now of the opinion that my dx7 is as reliable as my garmin sat-nav which is equally as useless, both of them constantly losing signal, what a load of junk. anyway, rant over, what are the suggestions for a reliable new transmitter because the dx7 will be sent for repair (its two years old) and then it will be consigned to E bay otherwise I can't carry on building or buying planes just to have Spectrum destroy them.......Glyn

Thread: Going to Poundland tomorrow anything i should snap up?
11/02/2016 19:55:16

Not sure if this is where the 'tommy Walsh ' c a with activator but it bonds.depron fine......glyn

Thread: What cheap foam like material can i get in the UK?
10/02/2016 18:35:13

Phil, that looks a handsome job you have made with the correx, you maybe ought to do a build log and share the methods.....glyn

Thread: Scratchbuild 84" Depron Vulcan Pusher
08/02/2016 22:25:52

looking good and getting closer Roy, keep up the good work....g

Thread: Baby Ballerina
21/01/2016 04:20:21

Got to admire the dedication and attention to detail of some fellow modellers, stunning work john.

Thread: Scratchbuild 84" Depron Vulcan Pusher
06/12/2015 19:21:51

Don't matter what it is you build Roy, it'll be a work of art and extremely inspirational as have been all the builds, looking forward to following another legendary build.....glyn

Thread: Bixler 3 PNP or kit
18/06/2015 19:17:03

Pnp and save money....simple...glyn

Thread: Beginner Flight Modes
28/05/2015 17:32:19

Hi Dom, my opinion, the best beginners plane by far, personally, I think that you may be over complicating things but that's not a bad thing as it helps you understand the tx and how it works. For me, I would set dual rates at 80 and 100 with 50 percent expo,set throttle to 90percent and launch in to the wind pretty much level and don't stir the sticks too much until you have gained some height. Plan the landing beforehand, try to keep the sun at your back and relax and enjoy. Ps welcome to the forum.......glyn

Thread: Multiplex Easy Star 2 Setup
19/02/2015 22:05:20

Another vote for the bix here and I have both.....g

Thread: Bagshot !! anyone??
14/02/2015 19:07:36

had a few days down there last week and had a bit of a look round, found a couple of promising places but could be better, will be returning in 2-3 months for maybe up to a 12 month period so will have another look then, will try Chobham as well, sure I'll find somewhere suitable. Looking at some of the properties down that way it would be possible to fly in some of the gardens without the owners realisingwink.....G

01/02/2015 00:29:40

Hi guys, I am looking for suitable flying fields in the Bagshot /Windlesham area for small electric park flier planes, nothing more than 22" wing span. Have yet to do a club search but that's the next thing to do. I am being posted by my employer into the area for what could be a few months and it would be nice to have something to do with my spare time once the weather picks up, ......G

Thread: How do i loop a Helicopter
13/01/2015 20:39:07

Hi Scott, it is possible to loop without being in I/up, what you need is forward speed and plenty of height, if your heli is set up correctly you give it some fast forward speed and pull back on the cyclic, right stick mode 2, when the heli hits the top of the loop your throttle/pitch needs to be at about 40% which will give you slight negative pitch with the blades still spinning but what you mustn't do is drop the throttle any less otherwise the heli will fall out of the sky and you would be very lucky to retrieve. This supposes that you have a decent understanding of pitch and throttle curves etc. Practice on a sim is priceless and I/up is a lot easier as the heli will virtually roll or flip on its own axis, good luck if you decide to go for it and don't forget, the higher the better.......G

Thread: Circlip for Exel brushless outrunner
30/07/2014 20:31:22

Another quick solution is to roll a few strands of copper wire together, enough to be proud of the shaft and then tie them into the circlip groove then finish off by touching with the soldering iron.....g

Thread: uhu por
20/07/2014 23:35:47

yep, I could use a bucketful of impact glue!!!!!!!smiley

Thread: xtal question for 35
19/07/2014 12:08:57

Hi fellas, I am looking for some old fashioned type help here, a workmate asked if I would build a plane for him that he had stored for about 8 years, everything was new in the boxes, Vmar Discovery high wing trainer, Enya 40SS engine and a Futaba skysport 6. Well I put everything together for him and got it running, I had to replace the rx flight pack but other than that all's good. He thought that because it was classed as a trainer he would be good to fly it off his own land, unaided!!!!! I put him right and have purchased a Bixler for him to start on. it's his first plane so I didn't want to go to the expense of buying him another tx, now the question is ok so I need another rx, does it need to be Futaba and if so I will obviously need a crystal, do I need a pair of matching crystals ie one for tx and one for rx. I I do need a pair ,then can someone enlighten me why the are sold singularly.......G

Thread: prop size //??
13/07/2014 23:35:15

Hi fellas, so gone and got me my first ic, a TT 25 size 2 stroke which I am going to fit in a 25 size high winger with aelorons. The question is..... what size prop do I start with, something tells me about 9x4 if I was guessing but a bit of knowledge is always better than a lot of guessing. The other thing I would like to know is, how do I know if I am overproping or alternatively not getting the best from the engine.....G

Thread: first small ic plane
02/07/2014 18:37:01

Hi fellas, thanks for the response, ATM both transport and storage are both contributing factors of size, all the guys at my club fly big and they are a good bunch with lots of knowledge, it's just a question that I thought I would put among you fella's. Will do a search for a 15 or similar and do a little more research, would love to build but work gets in the way!!!!!! g

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us