By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for gliggsy

Here is a list of all the postings gliggsy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hello
25/02/2014 21:04:26

Bixler everytime in my opinion. No landing gear to rip off, big enough to see at a distance, will glide with the best of them, tough, prop that isn't going cause any grief, tough, carry a payload, cheap and did I mention tough as well as easy to fix, cheap spares, comes in whatever colour you're willing to paint it......g

Thread: capacity after flying
22/02/2014 19:28:56

price of batts these days best to have a few and swap often, overflying lipos is the second best way to give them a premature death.....g

Thread: dx7s numpty
18/01/2014 10:13:33

Hi guys, just replaced my dx7 with a brand new dx7s and after spending the last four hours reading the manual and fiddling with the tx, find myself no further than I was four hours ago. I am trying to set up for heli ie pitch and throttle curves etc. Would have thought the tx's would have been similar but I am. Obviously missing something important and the manual isn't very user friendly. Wonder if any one knows of any tutorials or can point me in the right direction....glyn

Thread: flying in dorset and wilts.
20/12/2013 15:36:02

Hi guys, I have recently been informed that I will be working on a project down in Lyme Regis and will also be looking after some machinery near the solstice services on the a303. The job is scheduled to start mid january and run for about 3 months so consequently I am looking for suitable flying fields for small electric. Any information would be good. Tia...glyn

Thread: 86" W/S Depron MkIX Spitfire
14/12/2013 11:17:31

another watcher here Roy, looking forward to your build.......Glyn

Thread: competition winners
11/12/2013 21:40:03

Pm sent David....glyn

11/12/2013 17:55:48

Hi fellas, great news, I have just checked out the winners area and it seems I have been very lucky and have won the clean sweep 60. The question is, does the kit get automatically posted or do I need to claim the prize, pay for postage etc any help fellas. Ps, I don't remember winning much in the past smiley........g

Thread: 42" Curtiss Hawk 75a Depron Scratch Build (1st )
28/11/2013 01:08:46

Hi guys, watching with interest, and some good stuff going on there. Regarding the foam cutter, I had a trigger type soldering iron, the one that is shaped like a pistol, removed the tip and replaced it with 1/16 brazing wire shaped to whatever profile I wanted to cut. Would post a picture but not at home at the moment. Working night shift all week.....g

Thread: Depron 1.8m DH-Sea Vixen Pusher
22/11/2013 20:27:09

Enjoyed following this post and got to say the results are awesome.........a word I very rarely use....well done fella.....G

Thread: Problem with ESC or motor
21/11/2013 16:34:37

Hi fellas, adding further to my post I. Have had problems in the past with the male side bullet connectors. The expanding cage will make a good connection inside the female bullets but leaves a poor connection to itself. The answer is to solder the cage to the nose of the bullet and to check the wire joints the heatshrink has got to be removed as I found out myself only last week....G

20/11/2013 20:42:05

Hi fellas. Only ever having flown electric, my experience would be to check the three motor connectors,both male and female bullets, remove the heatshrink and check all soldered joints.

Thread: help with radio gear purchase for Bixler
15/11/2013 20:29:26

Hi fellas, I fly with a 2200 3 cell in the Bixler 2 and have to have it tight into the nose to get a decent c of g. flies nice and stable with a hand launch at level and 3/4 to full throttle. Fitted the flaps but never bother using them IMO a waste of 2 servos + the extra weight. I do find that it can be a little slow at reacting on reduced rates and there are times I think it will never complete the roll so consequently always fly on full rates. IMO a brilliant starter plane that's very forgiving and will fly extremely slow, good luck with the builds and let us know how you get on fellas......G

Thread: 'Latest Forum Posts' box upgrade
29/10/2013 21:05:12

ever so glad I read this postsmiley.......G

Thread: first heli
20/10/2013 23:46:52

Hi fellas, well my thoughts are that the 250 is impossible for a newby to learn on, far too twitchy and responsive, I fly, reasonably competently, 450 size electric, both clones and the original Trex. I have persevered with the 250 size and can tell you, it will break your heart Bren as well as your bank managers. Now I don't own one but there are plenty of heli pilots out there that swear by them........MCPX.....bind to a speccy Tx, if that's what you're on and TJD are doing them for £64 ATM......G

Thread: C.A.D.M.A.C fly in this weekend
05/09/2013 21:42:10

Any chance of the postcode Ben, may well be able to call in on Saturday if I am passing.....g

Thread: electronic problems !!
04/06/2013 21:25:07

Hi Fellas, one other thing that's not been mentioned, if there's a duff servo pulling more amps than it should and causing the BEC to overheat, a problem that I've encountered in the past. Worth a try, pull all servo leads from rx and re-connect one at a time checking temp on ESC after each one.......G

Thread: Ton Van Munsteren's P-51 Mustang
14/05/2013 20:09:41

Hi Ton, not building at the moment but would like to in the future..........G....

11/05/2013 13:29:53

Hi fellas, had a read of the article and looked at the plans but can't find any mention of dihedral to the wing but looking at the pictures there's deffo some on the finished article....or is it me, have I missed something.....G

Thread: balsa stripper
11/05/2013 13:19:44

Hi guys, I read somewhere that some of you trad' builders 'must have tools' included a balsa strripper, as I would like to start a build I thought it may be worth owning one myself. Now being a Yorshire-man I want to spend wisely ie as cheap as possible but best quality, looked on the bay and there seems to be two types, the SLEC one and then the other, question is.....which one is best. I know I will probably get two different answers or maybe there's a third option...........G

Thread: washout
08/05/2013 19:16:08

Ok guys I am looking at plans and would like to have a bash at this month's fun fly but I am struggling with the washout and what it is. I don't quite understand,is there a twist in the wing along its length or what......g

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us