By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Masher

Here is a list of all the postings Masher has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: World Models Pilatus Porter P6
11/01/2019 10:03:51

Ok I'll bite - I assume you are talking about ion vs polymer?

Thread: DSM Smart Move or similar Pattern ship - circa 80s/90s
08/01/2019 15:47:42

There is one on Ebay here

Thread: Dave Burton (BEB)
01/01/2019 09:21:34

Very shocked and sad to hear of Dave's departure. Only knew him from the forum, mag and met once at Greenaces but very much admired his knowledgeable inputs and clear way of describing complex issues.

Condolences to all the family.

Thread: EBay Ads by Forum Members
09/12/2018 14:36:35

Well I hope you get closure. I must say I have only sold a couple of things on Ebay and learnt the hard way not to trust anybody!

09/12/2018 13:13:18

Well that really is a bargain for someone!

Thread: flight manoeuvre descriptions
08/12/2018 15:01:34

You will struggle to find better information than Peter's thread on this forum: **LINK**

Thread: Moonglow
14/11/2018 17:52:50

Thank you Eddie, some useful information. 2" total sounds much more reasonable

Thread: moonglow VI
03/11/2018 15:10:32

Ok, that's 48" Pat

Looking at the plan again, the fin post probably doesn't go through the fuz. sides. The side view has dashed lines where the fin post is but I think these must represent the chamfer on the two sides. Unfortunately the top view is obscured by the side view. Probably not too important.

03/11/2018 11:24:13

Hi Pat

I am also building the Moonglow IV.

1: I haven't measured the length but the mag plan is the same length as the original plan (which you can download from the web for free) so I assume the data file is wrong

2: I think it goes through fuz. sides

3: The original plan shows 1/16th ply doublers and, I think, go all the way to F1

I asked a question on here about dihedral which isn't shown on original plan but apparently is 2" under each wingtip. I have got as far as making card templates and cutting out fuz. sides and back end parts. Seems a very straightforward build (may regret saying that!) and everyone says they fly very well. Mine will be IC

Thread: Moonglow
31/10/2018 21:36:00

Thanks Martin & Kev for the replies. Nice looking model! I considered the Belair kit but decided to cut my own as there aren't that many bits requiring CNC.

31/10/2018 19:14:37

Prompted by the latest magazine article & plan, I have started to build the Mike Birch Moonglow VI. The mag build shows quite significant dihedral yet the original plan and articles (available on outerzone) doesn't mention it. Can anyone advise if there was any dihedral on original models?

Thanks, Martin

Thread: 4stroke glow to petrol conversion
02/08/2018 17:19:05

Try here

Thread: Horus 10x or Taranis 9
16/07/2018 12:40:45

No need to purchase, it's free here

Complete and very well written by someone who posts on this forum

Thread: Wot 4 Squared
13/06/2018 05:56:04

Good thread, always good to read about Wot's. I maiden'd a Wot 4 Pro for a club mate the other day, fitted with the Irvine 39. He had to put a (too) big prop on to meet the noise test but the model was very impressive in slight wind - landing is easy to control. I would guess that with the correct prop, the 39 is the perfect match with plenty of power but I would go Saito 4 stoke like you!

Thread: FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?
16/03/2018 16:53:07

Opportunity for someone other than Geoff here

16/03/2018 07:25:14

Anyone considering the X10, which I would support, should be aware of the links on this page. It is almost impossible to read the whole thread but there is good up to date information on the first page.

I fail to understand the point of paying more for X10S, just my opinion.

Thread: Mantua Models Kosmo 3
09/03/2018 12:20:16

**LINK**

Hi David. Just Google, but here are a couple. The main one is the Italian one but it is VERY long. (for some reason the link has to go above)

09/03/2018 09:38:09

David, I will be very interested to see how you get on with this kit build. I reluctantly agreed to build one for a club mate and ended up getting very frustrated with it. I went through the hurdles of translation but didn't find that instructions helped much. Whilst I have built quite a few models from plans and kits, this one is 'interesting'. They seem to do things in peculiar ways. For instance the wing leading edge is made up of multiple strips of sheet - long winded process then having to plane/sand most of it away???

In the end I decided I could not waste any more time on the kit and returned the completed wings and part built fuselage back to the owner - something I felt bad about but the time I spent was out of proportion. I think the end result will be great - I assume you have seen the 2 online blogs? These are quite useful but only go to reinforce the amount of work required to complete.

Hope this doesn't put you off, I am quite happy to accept that my resistance was low on this project

Thread: Horus X10S
06/03/2018 18:38:43

No Andy48, the link is Horus X10/S How To but let's not worry about it

06/03/2018 16:29:40

Presumably you have looked at the 'How To' document on this page, which also now references the documentation mentioned by Andy48.

I used the How To doc written by Mike Dailey to convert to Open Tx and can confirm that it works. I initially had some issues but the devil is in the detail - you must follow the instructions to the letter.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
CADMA
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us