By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Turbycat

Here is a list of all the postings Turbycat has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PSS DH108 SWALLOW
15/01/2013 16:45:58

I think it is looking like a beautiful model. I like the look of the Swallow very much. Would love to see one with the small JetCat P20 turbine in it wink

Andy

Thread: Brrrrrr, winter's here, how much flying are you getting in?
14/01/2013 07:10:47

Absolutely beautiful afternoon yesterday. The sun came out and the breeze dropped to almost nothing. I spent the grey morning running in my new Jen 37 on its tuned pipe. I've put it on the front of my homebuilt delta and it goes like a rocket now. I will prop it up a bit more as it is revving away very happily!

Andy

Thread: TFR8 FASST futaba compatible receiver
10/01/2013 21:39:06

I've got a couple of the TFR 6 recievers. I've not had any problems with them in over 2 years now.

Andy

Thread: Excellent Service, Just Engines & Weston UK
10/01/2013 21:25:23

Hi Guys,

just a shout out for 2 suppliers. I ordered 2 engines from Just Engines yesterday afternoon about 2pm and 4 gallons of fuel from Weston UK about 4pm. The fuel turned up just before 8am and I had the engines in my hot sticky little hands just after 9:30am this morning. Great service from 2 companies I use quite a bit. Thanks.

Andy

Thread: Futaba T14SG chat
09/01/2013 23:03:33

One of these is on my want list too!!

Andy

06/01/2013 23:48:02

None for me either, but hoping that this week is going to be kind. I will, however, be busy choosing 2 new planes for this year. Might even get my first WW2 warbird.

Andy

Thread: Just Engines JEN range
02/01/2013 00:16:14

I've got a Jen 57 that has been used and abused for a while now. Very powerful flat out but was awkward to set up the transistion from idle to mid range. I could never get a sweet spot. Always had a little hesitancy but it wasn't enough to cause me problems. I'm currently considering a Jen 37 as a replacement for my Thunder Tiger GP25 on my little delta.

Andy

Thread: Which Prop?
01/01/2013 18:24:54

I'd go for 10x5 too. I've got a 9x6 on my little Thunder Tiger GP25 and that revs up well.

Andy

Thread: Anybody been flying today 1/1/13?
01/01/2013 18:22:16

Same here. Can't fly on bank holidays. Best day for ages too! Itching to get out at the moment. I don't think I've been out for over 2 weeks now!

Thread: Happy New Year ...
31/12/2012 20:30:42

Yeah, Happy New Year everyone. Have a great evening. I'll be stuck at work for this one but can't moan at the triple pay wink

Andy

Thread: New year plans and wishes
28/12/2012 09:15:08

My list is not too long, first WW2 warbird (Typhoon), first Turbine model, I want to build a 1/4 scale T21 Sedberg glider and I need to remodel/ renovate my garage in to a proper hangar/ workshop.

Andy

Edited By Turbycat on 28/12/2012 09:15:24

Thread: When do you use exponential?
28/12/2012 09:08:53

It all depends on the model for me. Sometimes I'll use dual rates as well. I like to tame down my aerobatic stuff with quite a bit of expo, 45% is generally what I use. Mainly only the ailerons and elevators but sometimes on the rudder (if it is a large effective one). If I'm maidening a model I'll always dial a bit in just to take edge off of the centre stick movement. My little delta I built had 50% in for a start but I've dialled a bit out down to 30% now I've got the hang of it. I don't think I have any on my large Tiger Moth. Just a bit of differential and a little aileron/ rudder mix to switch in if I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered to balance the turns manuallycheeky

Andy

Thread: Running in.56 Just Engine advice needed
28/12/2012 08:48:46

I've been runing my Jen 57 on 5% formula irvine for over 2 years. It has also had 10% Liquid gold from Weston through it too. Didn't notice any problems using that either. It is a very high use engine, first in my stick and then Wot 4. I would say it is due for a rebuild now as the compresion is getting low on it.

Andy

Thread: MDS 40
27/12/2012 11:38:16

To be honest I don't know much about the MDS engines. However, I would say if it runs reliably why change it. If it is being a pig then go with the replacement Irvine. Most 40's seem to be ok nowdays. Even cheap ASP or SC brands will have plenty of power for a trainer and be reliable runners.

Andy

Thread: So What Did Santa Bring You?
27/12/2012 08:22:21

I got the usual aftershave set and Top Gear dvd off of the wife and kids. I'd have been happy with a gallon of glow fuel! However, my little brother(god bless him), decided I needed something to occupy myself with. As a result I now have a valveless pulse jet engine to play with. I'll have to sort out a fueling system for it, but it's not that complicated. Not sure if it'll make it in to a plane but might give it a go. I'll never be able to fly it at my site. I might take the engine down there for a couple of run ups as I'd get lynched by the neighbors if I tried it at home. I might be able to fly it a couple of times at my Dads place in Lincolnshire as that is in the middle of nowhere.

Andy

Thread: Hanger 9 or Seagull
26/12/2012 14:50:30

I've had artfs from both maufacturers. Both seem well made and both flew well.

Andy

Thread: 20cc Petrol Engine / 82 dB
26/12/2012 14:43:55

Just engines will make an exhaust for just about anything. Also weston uk will make custom manifolds and exhaust systems.

Andy

Thread: Whats wrong with a pusher?
21/12/2012 10:25:13

There are plenty of microlight aircraft that use a pusher configuration. One that springs easily to mind is the Shadow. There are plenty of others and all the flexwing trikes are pushers.

Andy

20/12/2012 14:14:00

I Was hoping to get out tomorrow. Now I've got my brother coming over and the schools shut early so got to get the kids at lunch time. Wonder if i dare leave them with their uncle for 2 hourscryingface 7!!!

Thread: Clevis pin failure
20/12/2012 14:10:04

I had one of the Akrobats and didn't find a lot of pitching with the rudder. Some definately but not a huge amount. However it was some time ago. I did convert mine to ic from electric so maybe that made a difference?

As far as similarities between the full size and the Akrobat go I think it is just a case of a passing resemblence. More sport than scale. Both are very nice to fly. I used the model until it fell apart!

Andy

Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!