By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Turbycat

Here is a list of all the postings Turbycat has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PSS DH108 SWALLOW
15/01/2013 16:45:58

I think it is looking like a beautiful model. I like the look of the Swallow very much. Would love to see one with the small JetCat P20 turbine in it wink

Andy

Thread: Brrrrrr, winter's here, how much flying are you getting in?
14/01/2013 07:10:47

Absolutely beautiful afternoon yesterday. The sun came out and the breeze dropped to almost nothing. I spent the grey morning running in my new Jen 37 on its tuned pipe. I've put it on the front of my homebuilt delta and it goes like a rocket now. I will prop it up a bit more as it is revving away very happily!

Andy

Thread: TFR8 FASST futaba compatible receiver
10/01/2013 21:39:06

I've got a couple of the TFR 6 recievers. I've not had any problems with them in over 2 years now.

Andy

Thread: Excellent Service, Just Engines & Weston UK
10/01/2013 21:25:23

Hi Guys,

just a shout out for 2 suppliers. I ordered 2 engines from Just Engines yesterday afternoon about 2pm and 4 gallons of fuel from Weston UK about 4pm. The fuel turned up just before 8am and I had the engines in my hot sticky little hands just after 9:30am this morning. Great service from 2 companies I use quite a bit. Thanks.

Andy

Thread: Futaba T14SG chat
09/01/2013 23:03:33

One of these is on my want list too!!

Andy

06/01/2013 23:48:02

None for me either, but hoping that this week is going to be kind. I will, however, be busy choosing 2 new planes for this year. Might even get my first WW2 warbird.

Andy

Thread: Just Engines JEN range
02/01/2013 00:16:14

I've got a Jen 57 that has been used and abused for a while now. Very powerful flat out but was awkward to set up the transistion from idle to mid range. I could never get a sweet spot. Always had a little hesitancy but it wasn't enough to cause me problems. I'm currently considering a Jen 37 as a replacement for my Thunder Tiger GP25 on my little delta.

Andy

Thread: Which Prop?
01/01/2013 18:24:54

I'd go for 10x5 too. I've got a 9x6 on my little Thunder Tiger GP25 and that revs up well.

Andy

Thread: Anybody been flying today 1/1/13?
01/01/2013 18:22:16

Same here. Can't fly on bank holidays. Best day for ages too! Itching to get out at the moment. I don't think I've been out for over 2 weeks now!

Thread: Happy New Year ...
31/12/2012 20:30:42

Yeah, Happy New Year everyone. Have a great evening. I'll be stuck at work for this one but can't moan at the triple pay wink

Andy

Thread: New year plans and wishes
28/12/2012 09:15:08

My list is not too long, first WW2 warbird (Typhoon), first Turbine model, I want to build a 1/4 scale T21 Sedberg glider and I need to remodel/ renovate my garage in to a proper hangar/ workshop.

Andy

Edited By Turbycat on 28/12/2012 09:15:24

Thread: When do you use exponential?
28/12/2012 09:08:53

It all depends on the model for me. Sometimes I'll use dual rates as well. I like to tame down my aerobatic stuff with quite a bit of expo, 45% is generally what I use. Mainly only the ailerons and elevators but sometimes on the rudder (if it is a large effective one). If I'm maidening a model I'll always dial a bit in just to take edge off of the centre stick movement. My little delta I built had 50% in for a start but I've dialled a bit out down to 30% now I've got the hang of it. I don't think I have any on my large Tiger Moth. Just a bit of differential and a little aileron/ rudder mix to switch in if I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered to balance the turns manuallycheeky

Andy

Thread: Running in.56 Just Engine advice needed
28/12/2012 08:48:46

I've been runing my Jen 57 on 5% formula irvine for over 2 years. It has also had 10% Liquid gold from Weston through it too. Didn't notice any problems using that either. It is a very high use engine, first in my stick and then Wot 4. I would say it is due for a rebuild now as the compresion is getting low on it.

Andy

Thread: MDS 40
27/12/2012 11:38:16

To be honest I don't know much about the MDS engines. However, I would say if it runs reliably why change it. If it is being a pig then go with the replacement Irvine. Most 40's seem to be ok nowdays. Even cheap ASP or SC brands will have plenty of power for a trainer and be reliable runners.

Andy

Thread: So What Did Santa Bring You?
27/12/2012 08:22:21

I got the usual aftershave set and Top Gear dvd off of the wife and kids. I'd have been happy with a gallon of glow fuel! However, my little brother(god bless him), decided I needed something to occupy myself with. As a result I now have a valveless pulse jet engine to play with. I'll have to sort out a fueling system for it, but it's not that complicated. Not sure if it'll make it in to a plane but might give it a go. I'll never be able to fly it at my site. I might take the engine down there for a couple of run ups as I'd get lynched by the neighbors if I tried it at home. I might be able to fly it a couple of times at my Dads place in Lincolnshire as that is in the middle of nowhere.

Andy

Thread: Hanger 9 or Seagull
26/12/2012 14:50:30

I've had artfs from both maufacturers. Both seem well made and both flew well.

Andy

Thread: 20cc Petrol Engine / 82 dB
26/12/2012 14:43:55

Just engines will make an exhaust for just about anything. Also weston uk will make custom manifolds and exhaust systems.

Andy

Thread: Whats wrong with a pusher?
21/12/2012 10:25:13

There are plenty of microlight aircraft that use a pusher configuration. One that springs easily to mind is the Shadow. There are plenty of others and all the flexwing trikes are pushers.

Andy

20/12/2012 14:14:00

I Was hoping to get out tomorrow. Now I've got my brother coming over and the schools shut early so got to get the kids at lunch time. Wonder if i dare leave them with their uncle for 2 hourscryingface 7!!!

Thread: Clevis pin failure
20/12/2012 14:10:04

I had one of the Akrobats and didn't find a lot of pitching with the rudder. Some definately but not a huge amount. However it was some time ago. I did convert mine to ic from electric so maybe that made a difference?

As far as similarities between the full size and the Akrobat go I think it is just a case of a passing resemblence. More sport than scale. Both are very nice to fly. I used the model until it fell apart!

Andy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!