By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Devcon1

Here is a list of all the postings Devcon1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Opentx 2.2.2 flashing problems
14/08/2018 18:53:48

All done, you were right Chris.

Going from 2.2.1 was very simple, I transferred all model image and sound files to the new 2.2V00018 SD Card contents and made sure the X10 was off when connecting.

Odd thing was when I installed Companion 2.2.2 into a different directory it seemed to to self populate with my settings from Companion 2.2.1, not worried just curious as my PC understanding is not what it use to be.

I now have a new splash screen courtesy of SkyRaccoon backgrounds and images. All widgets retained and working correctly.

Most certainly worth it as the great OpenTx team seem to have put a little fix in to get rid of that very low level buzz/noise from the speakers + the three finger salute is back + a few other tweaks which I'm sure I'll come across.

Certainly for anybody with a Horus a no brainer.

John

13/08/2018 22:11:38

Thinking of doing the same but getting nervous. All works well on my X10 but I'm being drawn to numerical symmetry of 2.2.2, I think I will but does anybody know if I will keep all my widgets ?

Thread: Sheep and black cars!
05/08/2018 15:13:08

Many years ago we had customer who when ordering a new VW Golf insisted that the car be kept in it's factory delivery wax covering,(not sure cars are delivered waxed anymore), when he collected it.

He was a gentleman who travelled up to one of the wild and open Scottish islands for periods of time and simply told us it reduced or stopped the occurrence of particularly aggressive rams at the wrong time of year from seeing themselves in the reflection and butting themselves/the car. He was fed up with the consistent damage, how successful who knows but thats what he wanted.

We didn't charge him extra and I remember checking with VW group or VAG as it was then that it wouldn't compromise his warranty.

Thread: Thinking of changing my car
05/08/2018 09:01:38

Love of cars, no, but if my ticket came in I might rekindle a relationship with some performance exotica. Straying a little from the original thread but maybe room for a "dream car" thread.

I've had in the past a succession of Audis including a Quattro, Golf VR6s and the R32 plus all the old Scirocco variants but for me it's just about creature comforts and practicalitys.

04/08/2018 18:30:29

I seem to recall when the Czech government chose to tender interest in the nationally owned Skoda Works, VW together with BMW and Renault fought to become owners. VW was the company that absolutely promised to maintain the Skoda name and heritage as opposed to gaining access to cheap manufacturing facilities.

I think Skoda is the second or third oldest production car brand in the world. If things had been different we may have Skoda models running as second platform 1,2 3 series BMWs instead.

Brand new Octavia out in 2020 I think, but that's a bit too long to wait.

02/08/2018 20:42:53

Great thread.

I've been using a 2005 Skoda Octavia 2.0 Tdi Elegance estate since 2008 and it still does what I want and still very well specified.

For me, in a few months time, it will be replaced with the latest Octavia estate with the 1.5 petrol ACT (Advanced Cylinder Technology) engine that will shut down cylinders based on power demand.

Volkswagen tech in a great value trickle down brand.

Thread: Opentx
29/07/2018 17:46:33

I noticed OpenTx 2.2.2 is now available as a full release.

Thread: New Drone Laws from 30/5/2018
25/07/2018 17:23:26

Very good news indeed, I see no negatives and the recognition of multi rotors as the primary cause of concern has been very intelligently managed.

You can't legislate to prevent somebody carrying out an unlawful act but you can have the law in the toolbox to aid prosecution.

Thanks to all those involved in fighting our case, I'm sure it hasn't happened without a huge effort.

Thread: Thinning the Hangar
18/07/2018 19:07:19

Just a quick pointer if anybody's interested. I've put a couple on and some more to follow over the next couple of days of kits and models from the hangar.

Have a look here on the BMFA site.

4.3m Grob 109 G part built kit

E-Flite Aeronca Champ 15e

Phoenix Model Products Esprite Aerobatic Slope Soarer

Skyway Models Stampe SVB plan pack

Precedent BiFly

A couple more to follow

Thread: im now an X10 owner
17/07/2018 20:52:43

For me yes, Some are also happy with the installed FrSky system.

Don't go for 2.2.2 as I think RC5 stands for release candidate which means it is not a fully finished version. If you do install OpenTX I think you should go for 2.2.1 as that is a fully proven release.

But there are many here who better understand than me.

17/07/2018 20:15:08

Hope you enjoy it whether you use OpenTx or the FrSky operating system. Let us know how you get on.

Thread: Friday the 13th!
16/07/2018 20:32:27

Funny things these superstitions, some say cutting a cross into Brussel Sprouts is nothing to do with helping them cook but a cross to ward off evil spirits.

Thread: World Cup 2018
13/07/2018 18:44:12
Wise words indeed. Will watch tomorrow but with no nerves and worry. Sunday, just hope to see a good game played by sportsman with the best team winning...simples ⚽️🍺😁
11/07/2018 22:21:37

Also well done to Croatia, they just had a bit more on the night.

Thread question answered. World Cup semi final.

Hope the boys take away all the positives from this tournament and build for the Euros. I think we won against the "Fed Up" thread so all is good.

Looking forward to a new season with my team Grimsby Town... up the Mariners wink

Edited By Devcon1 on 11/07/2018 22:23:32

11/07/2018 21:08:27

Oh my oh my. Just been out to water the hanging baskets to distract myself.

No intelligent football talk from me I just can't watch..

11/07/2018 19:50:21

Nothing much to report apart from half time...

Thread: New caption competition
10/07/2018 23:35:38

BBC pilot new Strictly Come Flying format.

10/07/2018 23:32:07

Model flyer demonstrates anti gravity prototype,

10/07/2018 23:27:29

The future is motion control.

10/07/2018 23:25:10

I think this VTOL thing will really take off.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues