By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for stu knowles

Here is a list of all the postings stu knowles has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Prostate Cancer
18/06/2019 20:45:22

On the other hand.... I just had a local anaesthetic and thought it a pretty painless process. In and out within the hour. No discomfort. Job done. You'll know better after the first sample is taken.

Thread: Model Finders
13/06/2019 08:03:59

This just plugs into a spare RX pin, and is even self powered so will still work if the RX battery becomes disconnected. Bargain at a tenner.

Vifly Finder V2 Lost Model Buzzer Alarm

Thread: Now that Solartex has gone...
04/06/2019 13:10:49

Thanks Alan, In time I shall migrate over to 2K completely. I have only just picked up that 2K is fuel proof. Up to now I've shied away from it for health reasons but I generally spray out in the open and then whip it inside to dry I think that I may well have a change.

04/06/2019 08:57:30

On a slightly connected topic, Does anyone know if 2K clear lacquer will go over cellulose? I'd like to seal in the finish and weathering with a light coat of 2K satin. The model is painted in celly from the car refinishers, I like it because its non toxic and fast drying but I have past disasters where I have mixed different types of paint

Thread: Model flying photos you're proud of
03/06/2019 13:49:46

The Barracuda is not often seen. Nice

Thread: BMFA Payload challenge
03/06/2019 13:48:08

I was slightly involved with the Payload Challenge for a couple of years when it was based at Elvington. It's an amazing event which deserves to be more widely supported from without and within the hobby.

I'm pleased to see that some of the designs are still a long way off the wall. Great stuff

Thread: DB Major Mannock
08/05/2019 08:11:42

just a suggestion, change your batteries for the larger 'C' size. Unless you have been extremely creative, the all up weight will not be an issue so the extra weight is insignificant. On a model with a high servo count and long leads don't believe that AA size cells have enough spare capacity.

My Futaba servo tester using just a 1 amp load condemned all of my AA size Eneloop batteries. I thought that it was a duff tester to begin with but now believe that batteries of this type while having a high capacity do not have the ability to liberate power quickly enough under high demand.

Thread: CAA registration consulation
03/05/2019 08:39:47

All this talk of refusing to pay doesn't really help anything, nor does starting more petitions. Everyone needs to get behind the BMFA / LMA / SAA / FPVUK (pick your own) and get the proposal, in its present form kicked into touch.

It is already a fact that throughout Europe all model flyers will have to be on a register, that much we have to accept but how that it done is the crux. The CAA had led our representatives to believe that membership of a recognised organisation could be accepted as forming the Registration at little cost to the individual and on this thy have renaged and stabbed everyone in the back.

Not taking registration from under 18's is just placing a major obstacle into the path of future children taking up aeromodelling in any form which is bad for the future of aeromodelling and quite frankly stupid in terms of discouraging future engineers and technology.

Time to stop posturing and get behind those who represent our future. For those who think that we don't need the BMFA etc time to wake up

**LINK**

Thread: TN large scale Wellington Bomber
30/04/2019 18:41:42

There's a build thread for the TN Welly on the LMA forum

Thread: CAA registration consulation
29/04/2019 14:04:42

I confess that I am surprised that so man people are willing to just roll over and pay up. For me, the registration is not a big issue but even if I go along with the principle of 'The User must pay' I cannot get past the fact that the BMFA/LMA proposed a solution that brought in Registration, was of minimal cost, brought with it Insurance for all operators and pilots and benefitted the end user (us) too.

The CAA proposal is very expensive for the benefits that it provides - (quite frankly -none) Its no good, it doesn't address the problem, it won't benefit anyone. I can't support that

Thread: Seagull Yak 54 canopy
01/04/2019 10:39:35

Thanks John, I'm found the ad and sent message. Well spotted mate!

regards

stu k

31/03/2019 21:19:33

Hi All, Due to an abominable lack of care and attention I let the canopy of my Seagull Yak fall off the bench today and broke it.

None of the shops seem to have stock

A long shot I know but does anyone have an undamaged canopy or canopy/hatch from this model? Its the yellow black one that takes 90 size glow or 20 - 26 petrol.

regards and thanks

stu k

Thread: Does your club prohibit the use of after-market receivers?
22/03/2019 13:18:41

I too think that any Club which concerns itself with such matters is not one to which I would wish to belong. It is the responsibility of the owner and pilot of the model to be sure that the model is fit to fly, anyone else is just sticking their oar in where it shouldn't be and taking the focus away from where it should lay.

Nor do I think that the BMFA have made any proclamations on the subject but think some people have twisted what has been said to satisfy some other purpose.

I despair if this sort of stuff is really happening within Clubs.

Edited By stu knowles on 22/03/2019 13:19:22

Thread: Gone,but not forgotten kit mfg
15/03/2019 20:14:59

This ad cropped up in a thread on here a while ago. I have an unflown Cutlass from this kit in the garage,

img_8345.jpg

08/03/2019 21:56:06

Another Phil Ramsey Glad

scmptonglad.jpg

Thread: First petrol plane dl 50 field equipment
05/03/2019 20:59:04

No, don't understand your smell comment. I plug the tank vent, never experienced any petrol loss via the carb. Definitely no smell in the car. If there is it because I forgot the tank vent plug

Thread: Field mower question
14/02/2019 21:14:40

The current mower is beyond economic repair, due to a hydraulic pump which needs replacing, we were informed.

A new pump is around £500 and is fitted in an hour by anyone with a set of spanners. Most commercial mowers can be repaired ad infinitum

Thread: Spitfire light
13/02/2019 08:17:57

Looking really good

Thread: Flycatcher
10/02/2019 16:01:22

It will be fine. Your first model will have rough edges but the main thing to do is finish it and fly it. Seeing your own creation fly is unbeatable.

The next one will always be better. I'm still saying and proving it to be true that after nearly 50 years.

Thread: How can I reverse a plan to build two wing halves
08/02/2019 21:04:00

Having once built from a plan which had both wings drawn - but which were slightly different sizes, I would advise always building the second wing from the reverse of the drawing used for the first wing.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Revoc
CML
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us