By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for PaulH

Here is a list of all the postings PaulH has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: February 2013 issue feedback
23/01/2013 12:13:56

It took a few minutes of puzzling what on earth Tim did with wolves and then the joke hit. I've been chuckling over it ever since.

Thanks Tim.

Thread: RCM&E index
23/01/2013 11:45:33

Never knew it existed, but doesn't seem to be very useful as a word document for each year. It would be a wonderful reference in conjunction with the digital copies if it was on-line and you could just click on the index and go to the article you wanted to read.

Thread: Batty?....I think so!
11/11/2012 12:49:58

Richard what absolutely delightful fun and what an excellent video.

Thread: P51 crashes today in Queensland
03/11/2012 13:55:06

Thanks for the link PatMc. It was nice to see the other aircraft, the Toowoomba sports flying community have lost a very active member.

03/11/2012 08:35:32

A replica P51 Mustang built by the military aircraft enthusiast who was piloting it, crashed on take off today near Helidon in South East Queensland. Sadly this is the second fatal crash of a vintage aircraft in Queensland in the last two months.

LINK

Thread: Biggles' Mess (the renamed cafe!)
02/11/2012 07:44:02

Hi there,

A double espresso please.

Wednesday was wonderful weather so I took the dog for a spin.flight_003.jpg

flight_009.jpg

Thread: Happy Birthday to..... ME!!!!
26/10/2012 14:37:33

Happy birthday Mike, I had mine the day before and my partner arranged for thirty minutes cruising the beach and hinterland around Byron Bay, Australia's most Easterly point in the Tiger Moth of friends of ours. I love my DX8 and am sure you'll enjoy yours.

Paul.

Thread: Nov 2012 issue feedback
17/10/2012 13:02:14

A huge thank you to the subscription organisers, I received my November issue today in Australia. Last year our Australian subscriptions were peripatetic and sometimes nearly a month late. This year we saw a huge improvement after February with mags arriving just a few days after going on sale in the UK. This month it is truly exciting to actually be relaxing with the hard copy as the ditital version hits the net. I've already galloped through Alex Whittakers photo shoot of Barkston Heath, some great photos of stunning models, and am starting in on Shahid Banglawala' Hotshots with a hope of eventually improving my aerobatic performance. But this issue is just crammed with goodies, I didn't even mind that it was far too windy to fly today. Thank you RCM&E.

Thread: RCM&E Special Issue 2012
07/10/2012 03:40:55

As no one has answered Bernhard's question re availabilty of RCME in newsagencies in Australia, here is my observation. Usually three months after its release in the UK. The Special should be on the shelves just before Xmas.

My advice is get a subscription. It arrives almost always on the same date it hits the shelves in the UK, it is always packed with interesting articles and great photos and it is a pleasure to read, especially compared to the two Oz magazines whose grasp of English, proof reading and knowledge of models in general leaves a great deal to be desired.

Paul.

Thread: FMS 1.7m P51
05/09/2012 06:06:15

I have the FMS 1400 size P51 Mustang and it flys beautifully. A week or so ago I was at Extreme Hobby in Brisbane and saw the new 1700 Fearless Frankie, it's twice as gorgeous and I saw them fly their demo model, handles like a dream, straight out of the box. Here's a link to their site where you can see a really good video of the demo models' maiden flight at the local club.

I certainly want one when I can afford it. There are cheaper places in OZ to get FMS models, they are just a bit slower than Extreme to get stock in.

Thread: Sandbox
05/09/2012 05:54:39

P51 video

Thread: Ripmax & Hobbystores Appaulling customer service! Mostly Ripmax
11/08/2012 05:27:26

I'd say you were right Mark. I just tried Hobbystores UK website and the server came up with a SQL error pointing out that the server RIP2 needed rebooting with Userid Ripmax admin. I've no doubt that Ripmax own Hobbystores.

Thread: Electric RTF For Learner...Advice Please
10/08/2012 06:13:31

Dale go for the Easy Star I still fly one on the farm, they're almost indestructable, they're big enough to see easily, fly nice and slowly giving you time to think and land perfectly in long grass. Hand launching by yourself is a breeze.

Whatever you get enjoy it,

Paul.

Thread: Hello fron Spain
31/07/2012 14:58:45

Alan,

I have been on the map for some time, but the marker is some 80k out. Can you tell me if it is possible to edit the entry, or delete it altogether and re-enter to get it in the right place.

Paul.

Thread: full size model spitfire
30/07/2012 04:40:48

Thanks Del,

You've reminded me that Caloundra is only 350ks drive over the border from me and I've never visited the Air Museum, in fact haven't been to Caloundra for over ten years. Soon as spring arrives I'll go have a look. Closer to me at Evans Head airfield, which was a major wartime base, and has some sort of heritage listing, the council erected a 3/4 size model of a Wirraway and stuck it on a pole outside the airport. It was built at enormous expense and the airport has been left un maintained for years the tarmac runways slowly breaking up. However the local flying club make good use of the place flying their model jets.

Paul.

Thread: The Olympics
29/07/2012 14:55:23

Garbo,

Our free to air coverage is by the commercial chanel 9, who along with the imfamous Mr. Murdoch own Foxtel, the cable company who supply the coverage. As an ex BBC staffer, I'm mortified to hear their coverage was so bad.

Hate to say it, but the rain completely spoiled the women's cycling today and there seemed to be a conspicous absense of supporters by the road.

Change of weather and it's back to watching on the telly?

Paul.

29/07/2012 04:26:58

With the opening nonsense over, though I did like the cauldron and the fireworks, I must say the first day was excellent, especially the men's cycling. Great tele coverage, wonderful weather and an exciting finish with an unexpected result, what more could you want. Well perhaps they could have gone on to Brighton instead of ten times round Box Hill. I used to do that run in the early seventies and after a drink or two and a good meal, come back with the bike on the train. Perhaps we could have had some shots of the Pavillion as well as Hampton Court and they could have thrown in an English equivalent to Gabriel Gate to discuss the finer points of an afternoon tea at the Maids of Honour in Putney. Joking aside the coverage was excellent, the weather brilliant, the organisation first class. The same applied to the single skulls, the dressage and the swimming, I enjoyed them all and the venues looked fine. Congratulations, if it weren't for the weather, I'd be tempted to get my passport out and come home for an extended holiday.

Thread: Superb F4-U Corsair vid
28/07/2012 06:57:14

Thanks,

What a great video. However I much prefer the US Navy colour of my FMS corsair which seems to have been copied from the one hanging in the Smithsonian. Wouldn't it be fun if one had a model chopper mounted camera so I could see the same sort of view of my model flying.

Paul.

Thread: The Olympics
28/07/2012 06:25:12

Only watched a bit of the opening, seemed to be awfull nostalgia, with has beens like Mike Oldfield, Paul McCartney, Mr Bean, perhaps they made it into the 21st. century by the end. I'll look at the flypast on this evening's repeat. Fortunately the time difference means most of the live broadcasts have cleared and normal viewing, for what it's worth, resumes here in our Oz winter evenings.

Paul.

27/07/2012 17:03:48

The invention of the torch relay was the work of Carl Diem, who headed the german Olympic committee. He was a sports mad athlete born in late 1800's and involved in the Olympics well before the Nazis came to power. After the 1936 Olympics, realising Hitler's approval of the games as propaganda, he really went to extraordinary lengths in an attempt to make Germany the permanent Olympic home. He didn't succeed. Leni Riefenstall said that she thought the idea was brilliant theatre and made the opening of the 1936 Olympiad of special significance. When I restored and re-edited the film with her for its showing by the BBC in the late 1960's, she also claimed that she had fought with Goebels to retain Jesse Owen's triumph and that it was Hitler who had overruled Goebels.

On a more fun note I loved the preview of the bouncing NHS patients in the opening ceremony. Anyone know what the message was?

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!