By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Shane Sunday

Here is a list of all the postings Shane Sunday has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Pick a Plane 2011 - chat and FW-190 build
16/02/2011 22:31:54
FW 190 A! I like tho looks of that. Leccy even better and in the 60 span! This ticks all the boxes for me. Just have to wait ill september now to get it. Boooo.

Cheers
Thread: Giant Cod
11/02/2011 23:29:46
Honestley I've nuthing but high praise for GC. Fast delivery and a very good product with friendly service. Although the odd dud does show now and then. It's just too bad it happened to you twice.

Could it be the make of motor?
Thread: JU87 Stuka
11/02/2011 17:05:50
No really please never dive bomb this baby! Ugh my heart would sink let alone yours. But ya?????? Has it flown yet?
Thread: FIAT G50 WW2 Warbird
03/02/2011 09:28:33
Fantastic build! Lots of great ideas. I can't wait to see more. I'm book marking this thread. I just love seeing how people tackle difficulties.

Cheers

Shane
Thread: Is It Just Me?
31/01/2011 16:12:37
Ah yes. I had 2 hours out at the field n it was baltik. Come home and hit the hay for a few. I chalk it up to the cold air being heavier and there fore giving us more of the good fresh stuff. So... When we come home into the heat our bodies have been tricked into a full days work. . Has nuthing to do with me getting older.
Thread: Plans exchange
01/01/2011 11:43:40
hey there everybody Happy new year. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Brian Taylors 61.5 F4U Corsair that they'd be willing to part with? At the moment I have Pavel Bosaks Corsair but the thing is so vague I'm haveing trouble getting started.

Alternatively if anyone has Corsair drawings that I could use as reff it might help me along in the Bosak build.

Cheers in advance

Edited By Shane Sunday on 01/01/2011 11:44:11

Thread: So What did you get
26/12/2010 00:47:02
I had been hinting for some time but was surpirsed when I opened a big box with F4U Corsair plans 48" in it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM build! I recon I was good enough all year and therefore deserved it.

Merry hoho one and all.
Thread: The January 2011 issue
23/12/2010 23:07:46
Been chomping at the bit for mine. Still nuthing. The postal service is stuck in the snow. Don't recon I'll get mine for the new yer.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/12/2010 06:37:48

Thread: Don't just stand there, get one up!
17/12/2010 22:44:17
Ok Danny. I just read, from the begginning up till now. Wow! Patience a plenty. That RDS system thing looks a pain in the neck. Installing retracts never looked easier. I mean you use geometry. Who uses geometry? I knew I shoulda paid more attention in class.

I just hope my 46" TN Spitfire flies. I'm getting there though.

Keeping my eyes glued.

Never worry we all don't sleep either and we find this stuff facinating.

Cheers
Thread: JU87 Stuka
04/12/2010 22:06:58
Hello Andy I just want to say WOW!  I thought all teachers were uncool. Joking really. What you have done here is inspirational to many I am sure. Especially me as I bought plans to build a 60" Stuka some time ago. Waited patiently for thier arrival only to be perplexed by it's intricacies. Sorry about the spelling sir.

I have bookmarked your build as have many others I'm sure, and will be checking back often to see how you're getting on. I have a 2 year old and know how difficult it can be to find the time but you have done a smashing job with this one.

Thank you for your diligence.

Sincerley

Thread: Bit Cold Out--How much Flying are You Getting In
30/11/2010 21:31:18
I have a few days off this week and I planned on doing some flying and some building. The wife had other things in mind. Although yesterday was a gift. The sun was shinning albeit very cold and there was only a small breeze so I took out my mustang and went round the park a couple times. I was wearing gloves for the first time. Not a good idea! so I managed to land and get her back up without the gloves and it was a real treat. I'm from Canada originaly so if it's not damp ( like it is most of the time here in Belfast) Then I can just bundle up and hang out outside. If it is damp out well that's ahorse of a different colour.
Thread: Subscription freebee "RC Plane Master" simulator.
30/11/2010 21:21:59
I didn't get one with my subscription. So I guess a gift horse is a gift horse. I was going to give it to a friend of mine anyways.
Thread: Pick a Plane 2011
28/11/2010 23:22:51
I truely cannot wait till Tony starts on the next design.

Here's my vote.

F4U Corsair
P-38 Lightning
Me 109

60" lecky.

would love to see Tony do a 60" Corsair.

Good luck Tony
Thread: GWS A4
25/11/2010 09:39:20
Hey there. I got my A4 bench tested with a 4s 4600mah lipo and she was showing 32a and 658w. I haven't flown it yet and plan on doing the mods Dusty has suggested aside from the UC wheel. Definitely do the elevator mod this way both act at the same levels.

good luck the build is a good un.
Thread: Copies of RCM&E
18/11/2010 17:17:28
Thanks a bunch. Those mags are in great condition. Real appreciate the fast delivery. Honestly folks some wonderful info here for those of you who haven't got a subscription or need back issues.

Cheers
11/11/2010 10:01:37
Hey there Richard would I be able to snag off of you all of 2010 please?

Would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Shane
Thread: warbird for beginners
10/11/2010 09:29:06
Hey there Adian. From one newb to another get a simulator for your computer! Spend lots of hours flying, orienting yourself and landing the planes on it. It's cheaper to crash a simulator than it is to repair a model. I've had loads of crashes on my sim but I just hit restart and I'm away again. It really does save all the frustration on the field. Beware of any model that isn't a trainer but states it is a warbird trainer. These are no where near trainers or first time flyer planes. I made the mistake and built a couple that were meant to be begginer friendly but found myself picking up the pieces at the field and just looking the fool in front of the other seasoned pilots. Like the other guys have said here, a high wing trainer is still fun and you'll get the hang easy enough. In the mean time if a warbird is what you are after you could always build one from scratch. This will be a great chance to really learn what it is that makes your plane fly and how it all comes together. I'm building the Tony Nijhuis 46" Spitfire and it is an eye opener. Very challenging build that will make you think but not so difficult that you'll lose interest.

I'd like to hear how you're getting on. So keep in touch.

Shane.
Thread: Plans exchange
27/10/2010 18:54:39
looking for 60" or so Stuka. just throwing it out there.

Cheers
Thread: Nijhuis 46" Spitfire
22/10/2010 10:20:04
Hey there batcho99did you manage to get a vid of this thing in the air yet? I'm dieing to see how it performs. 
Mines coming along rightly but taking my time and double checking everything as I go.

Look forward to video
Thread: Motors ...for beginners - please keep it simple
19/10/2010 15:47:01
I had been searching the web looking to get a longer life out of the batteries when I came across running them in series. ( sorry guys trying to keep on topic here) I found out that parallel will give me a longer flight time but I was curious about the power/speed increase to the motor when run in series and didn't want to sink more money into more lipo's and also didn't want to fry my motor.

The voltage rating on my motor is 7.4- 15v but I was unsure if that meant that that was the least or most they could take. there were many things I've learned from reading these forums but the min/ max volts was something I was unsure of.

Thanks for the help.
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!