By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin - RAM Models

Here is a list of all the postings Martin - RAM Models has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: English Electric Canberra Plans For Sale
20/02/2016 08:25:59

Plans in unused and as new condition. Unwanted gifts acquired new a couple of months ago. Price includes postage.

English Electric Canberra by David Boddington 57 inch span. £15

English Electric Canberra b Chris Golds. 84 inch Spanc EDF £25

Thread: TRIP TO RAF COSFORD
20/11/2015 18:40:38

The staff at RAF Cosford are amongst the most helpful museum staff I've ever had contact with. Always polite/chatty and happy to oblige with over the barrier access where they can. I've even asked on the day of my visit on a couple of occasions and got positive responses.

Thread: Avro Vulcan R/C Plans For Sale
20/11/2015 15:20:06

Both plans unused. Price includes postage & packing.

South Herts Models Avro Vulcan £25

Traplet Publications Avro Vulcan by Graham Dorschell 68inch span £18

Regards Martin

Thread: RCM&E Myhobbystore Service
18/09/2015 11:14:16

On the phone to them now as I type the above actually. 15 mins so far

18/09/2015 11:11:55

Cheers for the comments KC.

I've been trying between those times plus now sent a further three emails without reply. Pretty poor perforrmance tbh.

Thread: Wanted , Avro Vulcan BII Scale Drawings
16/09/2015 16:36:05

Many thanks for the help guys. Hugely appreciated.

I'm specifically after the drawing linked in my original post as it was designed with help from BAe and RAF Museum so they are seen as the most accurate.

I've been trying to get hold of myhobbystore to ask why it is not listed on their website anymore (when their B1 drawing is) but have failed to have any response so trying another avenue with my begging for help plea.

Also it isn't for an R/C project that they are required this time either.

Sorry to be so picky when you've all been so helpful

16/09/2015 12:12:35

I am looking for a copy of the myhobbystore scale drawing of the Avro Vulcan BII no 2759. No longer listed so assuming out of print.

Looking for the drawing rather than copies of it when featured across a couple of issues of a plastic modelling magazine article.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards Martin

Thread: RCM&E Myhobbystore Service
16/09/2015 11:52:00

At a loss with how to make contact this company. To date.......

About three emails through their website contact form with no reply.

Two calls one of 15 minutes another of 25 minutes. Never picked up always placed on hold. Presently been on hold for plus ten mins....not holding much hope of an answer.

Is it possible for someone to contact me please about one of your products I am having difficulty purchasing please ?

Regards Martin

Thread: Model Aircraft Plans For Sale
20/08/2015 09:44:23

Continuing my clear out of things I've hoarded and realises I will never use...................all plans unused.

All at £4.50 inc postage & packing

Avro 504 by Peter Rake for 400 size electric motors

Taylor Monoplane , Peter Miller. .20 - .25 two stroke.

Shorts/Embraer Tucano by David Boddington. 45inch span. Plan has split along the fold line on one quarter of the plan from been opened a few times/age. But very useable.

Regards Martin

Thread: Ask..Peter Miller
27/05/2015 08:29:04

Maybe referring to the Wagtail plan that Cyril Carr designed ?

Thread: Aviation News Scale Drawings For Sale
25/05/2015 10:54:23

I am selling the last of my collection of Aviation News scale drawings. All are originals and not copies. £4.00 each including FREE postage & packing.

Aeritalia G222

Antonov AN-10 & AN-12

Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle

Avro Anson Mks 19 - 22

BAe Sea Harrier

Beagle Basset

Blackburn Botha

Blackburn Skua & Roc

Canadair CL-41 Tutor

Curtiss C-46 Commando

Consolidated Liberator

Consolidated Privateer

De Havilland Vampire Mks 1 - T11

De Havilland Sea Venom & NF Venom Family

Gloster Meteor Mks 1 - 10

Hawker Henley

Hawker Sea Hawk

Hawker Siddeley HS.125 Family

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star

North American B-45 Tornado

Percival Pembroke

Percival Prentice

Percival Provost

Petlyakov PE2

Sara Lerwick

Scottish Aviation Jetstream

Thread: Fairey Battle - A question of scale, opinions sought
26/04/2015 16:06:59

Thought you guy's might be interested to know that..................after a long think and..................also asking a couple of other aeromodellers a 1/8 scale model of 81 inch span seems to be viewed as a popular size to increase the original design too.

So the original drawing will be sent to our CAD guys shortly and be modified to suit. A simple case then of finding a test builder then we can offer to the public.

A big thank to you all for been a good honest sounding board.yes

15/04/2015 21:15:08
Posted by A.A. Barry on 15/04/2015 11:29:51:

Martin, it would appear that the 80" and 65" take the cake, I look forward to your decision

Barry

Certainly looking that way isn't it

14/04/2015 21:05:36

I can't answer that personally and if no one else does you could always drop a line to the people restoring Gannet AEW 3 XL500 to flight.

**LINK**

14/04/2015 20:02:47

And the Fulmar

14/04/2015 19:54:48

Colin is spot on with his description of the Fulmar, also put much more eloquently than I ever could.

14/04/2015 18:16:27

Thank you for all the comments and the thoughts you have all added. Its really appreciated. Through the day I was able to read the messages but not had a chance to sit down and write replies until now.

A lot of what has been said really has crossed my mind at one stage or another over the few months I have had these plans. I would love something as big as a 100 plus inch span. I don't think the numbers would be there for it tbh. Colin makes a good point about the differences in construction between two different sized models of 65 inch span and 80 odd.

In some respects seems daft not to offer the 65inch span as it has been proven. Quite like the idea of a 1/5 scale one. Time to mull over comments made a little more. You never know the next post maybe looking for a guinea pig to test build the enlarged design lol.

14/04/2015 18:03:49
Posted by Percy Verance on 14/04/2015 14:39:21:

Hi Martin

I'd pretty much echo Jon's comments. The Battle is certainly a different subject, and there are those out there looking for something just a bit unusual. And yes, I'd agree with Jon here. If you were to go larger, it needs to be around 80 inch span to be effective. You'd presumably still have the smaller version on offer, so you could offer both?

Incidentally Martin, I built the Puss Moth way back when the plans were offered by the other chap, Chris Hughes?

Been looking at your new site, and it looks good. yes

Edited By Percy Verance on 14/04/2015 14:40:53

I recall us chatting via PM was it last year ? Yes the designers name was Chris Hughes. Thanks for the kind comments on our www.

14/04/2015 18:02:14
Posted by Dave Hopkin on 14/04/2015 16:22:02:

Cough Avro Anson..............

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 14/04/2015 16:22:38

I would love to do an Avro Anson. Would have to be a late mark Annie though. I have been corrupted from all the years watching the Classic Air Force/Classic Flight example operating from Coventry.

14/04/2015 09:52:40

A quick question for the scale builders on the forum and one that I would love to hear feedback on.

I have purchased copyright for a Fairey Battle design of 65 inch wing span which we will offer as a plan and plan pack. I think that is a decent size to fit in the back of the average car.

However I keep looking at the proportions of the subject and think that maybe rescaling and also offering a larger version of the design maybe worth while.

Would there be demand for this re-scale and what kind of size would you want to see ? Testing the waters to see here to make sure my interest in the type isn't clouding the decision making process

Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!