By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mark Winstanley

Here is a list of all the postings Mark Winstanley has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: AND finally.....the 'Mini Jet' TSR2
01/08/2019 13:21:35

Oh no. I just bought 3 fans/esc and canopies for the provost, hunter and gnat. Now I need another for the TSR2! I just can’t keep up Tony.

Mark.

Thread: Cruiser, November 2015 Free Pull out plan
31/08/2018 22:12:00

I know I am a little late to the party but I just discovered this thread, I am interested in building a Cruiser and so will be starting soon. I just purchased a Auto G-2 (HobbyKing) from a fellow club member and have been having great fun learning about autogyros from this. Anyway in order to build I have been generating some cut files for my CNC machine and will start by cutting out a short kit for myself and building from there. If anyone else needs a set of parts let me know. I can also be found on Facebook - search for Kanata Aircraft Models.

Mark

Thread: Are you an active slope soarer?
07/06/2016 12:10:05

I used to fly a lot up Moel Famau (Clwyd) back in the late 70s and early 80s. After emigrating to canada it is very difficult to find a slope let alone one not covered in trees. I have to confine myself to flat field stuff these days - maybe I should try thermal gliders😛

Thread: Do you stick to your TX maker's RXs?
26/11/2014 18:08:03

I am a confirmed Futaba flyer. But I must admit the Futaba receivers are somewhat expensive. However, the comparative cost of the receiver to one of the giant scale aircraft it is installed in is low and so I use genuine Futaba receivers in the big planes. The smaller, more disposable type of plane, I will use a clone receiver. I have caved and have a DX6 from Spectrum so that I can get some of the bind and fly type aircraft. This has lead me to buy some of the Orange stabilised receivers from HK. I have not had any problems with these at all over the last couple of years. I guess if they are going to fail they will fail early in their lives (or so an electronics expert has told me).

I answered sometimes to the poll for the above reasons.

Mark.

Thread: 2015 Mass Build - Sign up thread
26/11/2014 18:00:25

Hi Guys; I am interested in joining in the fun here. I would like to build the Atom from the Autumn special. Are there any specific rules associated with the mass build? I am located in Canada (close to the Nations Capital of Ottawa) so I probably would not be able to attend the Greenacres event. Is there anyone else in Canada who will participate?

Great fun - great idea.

Mark.

Thread: Chipmunk picture resources
19/10/2014 00:44:41

Hi Guys; I know this is not Chipmunk related but - does anyone have any detailed photos of a Miles Magister? There aren't many of those over here in Canada.

Mark.

26/08/2014 21:32:51

Hi Guys; these are certainly nice shots with lots of detail. The Portuguese chippy used to have the registration G-BARS (Romeo Sierra). This chipmunk used to be one of two at Hawker Siddeley Aviation Chester flying club. I had several lessons in Romeo Sierra and am looking for photos in order to duplicate the colour scheme on a 1/4 scale model. Does anyone have any photos? A search of the web has revealed a few bad photos that I can work with but better photos would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening

Mark Winstanley.

Edited By Mark Winstanley on 26/08/2014 21:33:26

Thread: Why do models screw out of a loop?
04/05/2012 07:18:34

This screwing out of a loop could be being caused by the bleed off of airspeed as you get to the top. As the slipstream bleeds off and you add more throttle (or even keep it at max) the effects of swirling propeller blast becomes more pronounced. This effect can also bee seen on take off when the airspeed is very low and the prop blast (which is not linear) is the most dominant feature.

The cure for the loop is the sameas that on take off - use rudder to keep things straight. The swirl makes th aircraft veer to the left so use some right rudder to balance - you do use rudder eh?

Have fun.

Mark.

Thread: Mike Smart Hornet Moth
06/01/2012 14:53:08
Not yet. I have the plans and I am considering either an electric power or small (17cc) gas powered version.

How is yours coming on?

Mark.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us