By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Barry Ensten

Here is a list of all the postings Barry Ensten has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Piano wire fittings ??
16/03/2013 17:01:49

Try Robotbirds.

Thread: Cheap Tissue from Hobbycraft
26/02/2013 22:07:51

This looks like the stuff, 10p cheaper and in a different package - its so cheap it is worth a punt

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Hobbycraft-Pack-of-Five-Red-Tissue-Papers_244180.htm

barry

16/02/2013 22:57:24

I happened to be in Hobbycraft and notice they sold tissue at 99p for 5 sheets. Anyway I bought some and it is similar to Esaki lightweight tissue. It has good wet strength and reasonable shrink. I have used it with Eze Dope and Banana oil and the results are pretty encouraging. It is available in several colours including Silver. The silver is more expensive though, and feels a bit waxy, so may not work as well but I have not tried it yet.

Barry

BTW Als tissue has no wet strength - guess how I found out.

Thread: Free stuff on Friday
05/10/2012 18:29:32

Wood or glue please. I have already got the trigger gun for the glue..

Thanks

barry

Thread: Do I need to replace my 6v Eneloop Rx pack?
30/01/2012 18:21:44
You are putting FAR too much load on the ENELOOPS as they have a high internal resistance. Each cell has an internal resistance of 0.1R when new, so a 5cell pack will drop 0.5V @1A. If you operate Flaps and gear together you could quite easily pull 2A, meaning a 1V drop.

It's lucky you have been using 5 cells, as if you had been using 4 you would be getting brown outs (and crashing).

Eneloops are great for TX's (only take 200mA ish) but useless for all but small models.

A trainer with an LA46 is as big as I would go with them.

Barry

Thread: Loss of the RCM&E Review Seagull Zlin 50l - battery failure!
16/11/2011 19:08:28
Hi

I have just finished assembling one of these with an OS95AX, and it balances without any weight. I was going to use a Zenoah 20, but it balanced over 1" in front of the correct position. The heaviest engine I would go for is a 120FS (OS 110Alpha / Saito 125) an SC would be a bit heavy.

Barry

Thread: DSX 9 with four servo wing and flaps linked to ailerons
03/11/2011 23:01:14
I can help a bit, but don't have the full answer.

On the programmable mix there is a trick that is not in the manual. You can have a programmable mix to either the left or right flap. If you mix to one they both go the same way, if you mix to the other one they go in opposite directions (I can't remember which way round it is). This might help, but I think you will end up with different throws for right and left!

Overall the DSX9 is only average for a 4 servo wing glider - snap flap is particularly bad as the throw on the aileron is a %age of a %age. From what I have seen the DSX11 is little better.

If you must have this then you will need to look at a different TX - The MPX Royal Evo or the Futaba FG12 seem to be the best glider TX's at the moment.

Barry
Thread: Pick a Plane 2011
25/11/2010 19:57:32
Here are my suggestions

These are planes that there are not good plans for at the moment

1 B24 Liberator 100" (or bigger)
2 FW190 72 - 80"
3 Dornier DO 335 Pfeil   70" max (that is something different!) 

All Electric

Barry 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us