By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Geoff Smith 1

Here is a list of all the postings Geoff Smith 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hiya all
03/01/2011 09:54:56
Without a doubt Ken, without a doubt.   Thanks for the welcome my friend.
02/01/2011 16:07:23
Many thanks for the welcome BEB. I have been reading the forum for a few days before posting and can see that this is a very friendly site. Mind you, I think it must go with the hobby 'cos even on the flying field there always seemed to be that great atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves, I also think you have got to have a sense of humour as you try to smile whilst digging a very expensive motor out of the ground. I've had a fair bit of practice at this whilst learning and of course you always get some idiot come along to plant something in the hole you've just dug. On reflection I cannot think of another sport where help is readily available there is always someone who will help out with info or bits.
Yes I'm glad to be back.
Geoff 
02/01/2011 15:33:45
Many thanks for the welcome Danny, also thanks for the information this is just what I need. 
02/01/2011 15:28:27
Many thanks for the welcome Eck and Garry. I'm 70 now so it's got to be a few years longer than you Garry. I can still remember having to stoke up my old steam driven Futaba until it squeaked. Perhaps I may be a bit cocky in saying that I am not that worried about flying again (kiss of death?)  I still wish I had my first model again though, that Kamco Kadet and me went through years of fun together, I fitted the foam aileron wings on and never looked back. She died after arrowing in from 300 ft after the battery broke free and unplugged it'self. Cheers
Geoff 
02/01/2011 14:09:01
Hiya all, I have the same story as the majority of newbies on here being a returning modeller after many years break. I still have my old models and kit up in the attic but I have decided to go electric 'cos I can fly a field near me as long as I keep the noise to a minimum. I have purchased my first model which is the Art Tech Cessna 182 500 class RTF. Can anyone enlighten me as to any vicious tendencies this plane may have? I have set it up as per and it has come out spot on with the CG, everything seems to fit and it 'looks' like it will fly. I forgot to mention I did pass my 'fit to fly solo' many years ago and I hope I haven't forgotten too much. This electric flight thingy is complete new ball game to me so any help would be of immense value. And how about these LiPol batteries? scared the  outta me when I read the instructions. Also, has anyone got any thoughts on the 5/6 channel radio gear that comes with the above kit.Thats enough for now but I'll be back.
Geoff 

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 02/01/2011 14:11:21

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us